Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

First Psychedelic Experience-DMT-Crazy

soycd04

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Nov 2013
Crazy was all I could say once I came down, that and oh my god. DMT was the most intense thing I have ever experienced in my life. I had my first trip several hours ago and I was hoping that I could get some insight on some of the things I experienced and why my trip for the most part, unfortunately, wasn't all that good.

I have been researching DMT for the past 3 months or so, I smoke marijuana daily and alcohol on occasion but that's all I've ever had. The more I learned about it the more excited I became for this way to explore other consciousness. I have suffered with depression and anxiety for the past 3 years but it's no where near as severe as it used to be and I tend not to get suicidal thoughts often during those depression periods. I also haven't had one of those periods in about 6 months. I honestly felt completely mentally prepared for my first trip and wanted to use DMT as a way to get insight as to why I was depressed and allowing all these fears to cripple my existence.

I was nervous but I was with someone I trusted, good music, so I knew I was okay. I just told myself to let go and that if I believe it's going to be great then it's going to be great. I took about 3 hits and pretty much felt nothing. It was like a weed high x10, I was very floaty and light, almost like my feet were off the ground but it lasted for what seemed to be seconds (I should have stopped here being my first time). I could see the person I was with obviously tripping their ass off and I wanted to know what that was because I knew that DMT has the potential to be one of the most beautiful and intense experiences of your life. I wanted to learn something, explore, and see where it would take me. So I knew I wasn't doing it right, I just took one more big hit and held it in for even longer than the other hits and fell back. I immediately saw the eye of ra horus, but very lightly. I then pinched my eyes open a little and there was this flush of the brightest color orange and blue i have ever seen, reminisce to ancient Japanese art but the color was magnified like you couldn't believe. The next thing I knew this dull red started rising from my eye lids and it was shaking and it just had this tremendous pressure around it. The next thing I knew I was so unbelievably heavy like gravity was multiplied by 10. My body was so stuck like you're flying on something so fast you can barely move similar to one of those rides at the fair you stand on and it spends, holding you up only by speed and gravity. It was like that, I was glued to the chair. To be honest it was quite painful, I felt like all this energy or extreme pressure was building in the center of my chest but not touching my body, kind of floating there but I could feel it, it was all around me. I didn't see anything except spinning black and red triangle shapes. it was just black and this pressure, that was it. I kept telling it that I surrender to it. I wasn't scared at all but I wanted a good trip so I was hoping that by saying something it would lead me to something else but it didn't. I was able to think completely rational throughout the entire trip and I wasn't freaking out at all, I just said, okay I know this wont last forever (but it feels like it, which was the craziest part about the trip, it really does feel like it's eternity). But again, I wasn't scared. I then came out of the trip the happiest I've ever been but only because I was so happy to be back on planet fucking Earth and realize I'm in my friends apartment and most importantly I was thankful to be in reality.

Overall, my trip wasnt bad considering I got a glimpse of how unbelievably fucking crazy DMT is but I didn't see the beauty it could show you and I was really disappointed by that. I'm afraid to hit it again any time soon because I really don't want to go through that again and come to the conclusion that maybe I wasn't mentally ready. Could it have possibly been my nerves? I was nervous going into it but I feel as though that's normal, I wasn't sweating or shaking so I thought I'd be fine. DMT grabs you and takes you into another world, I don't regret it at all because it was just one of those experiences that I feel I have something to learn from. In between the crazy pressure and darkness I feel as though there was stuff going on but it was all so fast I couldn't grasp it. I'm hoping that over time my trip will start to fully come back to me and maybe I'll understand more why my trip went the way it did.

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
Psychedelic trips are funny things. Although they can be the most beautiful and intense human experiences, they can also be rough, scary or unpredictable.
DMT is a short-lived experience but can be crazy intense as you have discovered. But it sounds to me like you were able to hold yourself together quite well considering it was your first psychedelic journey.
If you are looking for insight I would recommend first that you spend a bit of time processing your DMT experience. Because DMT is so fast and intense it is difficult for someone who is new to psychedelics to take anything of value away from the experience.
Psilocybe mushrooms are valuable in that the time frame is much more drawn out allowing the user to become acquainted with the bizarre sensation of entering an altered state of consciousness. Of course the come up can still be rough at times but for most this turbulence will only last for an hour or two before reaching a "plateau" where users often experience a familiarity with the sensation along with a certain euphoria that is almost unique to psilocybe mushrooms.
The plateau of a mushroom trip is an ideal moment to enter a trance. This trance can be achieved by lying in a comfortable bed with warm blankets, no light and if possible no sound. This trance is where you should find the insight you seek. You may see entities, or you may be presented with impossible acrobatic geometries and sounds, or you may be provided insight in whatever fashion your biology allows.
For people new to psychedelics, the mushroom experience is more gentle and forgiving than blasting off into DMT hyperspace. But of course, all psychedelic substances must be treated with respect. You wouldn't simply hop onto a ship and sail off into the great unknown without first preparing yourself mentally and physically for whatever perils or pleasures lay awaiting you.
I wish you the best of luck in your adventures!

Monad

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
First you should work on your way of administration! Get one of those cheap mg scale and smoke your DMT (changa or enchanted leaf or crystal) with the sandwich method (place your preferred herb + DMT + another thin layer of herb in your bong). Be gentle with the flame and dont over heat it! Pull slowly (if it taste very acrid, you did something wrong)! Hold the smoke for 20+ seconds and release! Welcome in wonderland :Oo:

Being a bit nervous is totally normal! Even after smoking it for years you still are! It's like your ego saying "oh not again"!

Just learn to let go! Let go of everything, every thought, E V E R Y T H I N G! Just be the observer! Meditation can help you in this!

You'll see that after a while, you'll get more and more used to it! Slowly build your dose and see where you fell comfortable! The more you'll do it and the more you'll remember stuff and learn to navigate the space!

Good luck space traveler ;)

trix

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Juin 2014
After a psychedelic infancy I only dabbled in occasional acid trips when I could get them and have taken every drug to excess I think. Until 2 decades after my original psychonautics I made my first DMT last week and it has been more than I hoped for. I'm still getting my sealegs and the more I take it the less I need for an incredible experience as I'm tuning in to its many dimensions and beings, finding I escape the usual 3D easily as I always have been receptive to trippy stuff. I have met and I still need to gain ability to direct it better as a tool not it using me. "DMT is not a psychedelic or a hallucinogen, it takes you into other worlds"-?

Whyra

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Nov 2014
Expectations. That's what you were doing wrong.

Don't expect to get anything. I'm always trying to be prepared for everything, even for that I won't be prepared for what I'm getting, lol.

When I had less experience I noticed that I usually get difficult trips when I'm trying to get something nice and that when I'm a little bit afraid of the experience and prepared for a hard trip I will get a nice and soft one. Pretty funny.

Psychedelics won't give you what you want from them. They give you what they give. Your job is to accept that and be grateful.
The best part of the trip comes usually after the trip. Sometimes you don't even understand the meaning of the trip until enough time has passed.

Trachel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Juin 2015
Thanks for sharing... expectations are ok and setting intention is key, but in the end you get what you get--so rolls the dice and takes your chances.

JBS2016

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Oct 2016
Great posts... thanks all for sharing.

I'm 42, had my first DMT trip last night and it was quite an unbelievable thing I must say. In my 20s & 30s I've had lots of safe fun with LSD, OPIUM, ganja, coke, ecstasy, and the like... I must admit, DMT is definitely a world apart. Loaded a 50mg onto foil with great anxiety and expectations, and I guess every beginner must pay the price of inexperience... vaping this way isn't easy, you need to understand the how to's and it may take time to master proper vaping... however, I had a serious mild trip which was one of the best things ever happened to me: shocked about the afterglow - it's been 24 hours and I'm still high on it. My guess, is that I might have vaped about half of it properly - found sone burnt stuff in the end. Besides the harshness of the taste, DMT is in my opinion the best way to experience hallucinogen inwards trips EVER!

Settings are important... very important. High expectations unfortunately aren't worth it, as most things in life... and yet, you gotta start somewhere, right???

Just... be safe and enjoy the great misteries these compounds have to offer!

CIAO!

cannacr

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
15 Nov 2016
trix a dit:
"DMT is not a psychedelic or a hallucinogen, it takes you into other worlds"-?

That! I never read that before and that was my feeling and conclusion.