Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Deliria and Alcohol?

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I am quite bewildered now...that´s why I wanted to ask you.

I today decided to quit with alcohol but there's something I am still curious about.

Recently, when I drank alcohol, in a middle-high dose (max. 1 a week) I always had deliria the next morning.

Today I had the feeling that I had only 1 eye.

Once I thought there were people in my room.

I know what the difference between dreams and deliria are. These weren't just bad dreams. It was like being awake.

It began to happen, I don't know ca. in the last half-year.

I actually never gave a damn about it. It was just not pleasant.

I today decided to quit and told a friend. She said that it COULD have a connection to psychedelics and said that someone who took psy quit drinking because he had "backflashes" when he drank.

I doubt that this is so in my case but I'd like to hear what you think about it.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I think it's easy to blame psychedelics.
What is a middle-high dose?

I've had the people-in-room thing when I was drunk and took speed for the first time in my life. :roll:

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
middle high = drunk but able to walk, no vomiting, able to get home.

I didn't blame psy. I am just curious about what it can be connected to.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Well it's pretty sure it's connected to alcohol use :wink:

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Pretty obvious as it always happens after alcohol use,isn't it? :D

I now found out that it is probably due to Isotretinoin.

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
Alcohol actually leads to the psychological disorder of Korsakoffs Syndrome which is a form of Delerium. If abused throughout the life, people are at major risk for developing it around 50-75.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I am not addicted to alcohol :wink: I use it rarely.

I have an update on it:

I didn't smoke weed for two weeks and during these two weeks I remembered my dreams much better resp. I remembered them. I actually forgot, how it is to dream...funny. Anyway, during these two weeks, I realized, that after drinking alcohol in small amounts, e.g. 1 beer or 1 coctail, my dreams would get MUCH more vivid. Actually, when I would wake up, I would still think I was dreaming. And this with only small amounts.

Therefore I conclude, that after too much alcohol, my dreams would become so vivid, that I would mix them up with a delirium.

Frekin' funny and I will get deeper to this stuff...dreams are fascinating.

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
I'm not sure if 1 beer would really change that.. Also I've found it the total opposite personally.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
FluidDruid a dit:
Alcohol actually leads to the psychological disorder of Korsakoffs Syndrome which is a form of Delerium. If abused throughout the life, people are at major risk for developing it around 50-75.

Warnicke-Korsakoff syndrome is caused by thiamine deficiency in the diet. in alcoholism, alcohol comprises a significant percentage of their calorific intake which can lead to thiamine deficiency (malnutrition). additionally, thiamine absorbtion is directly blocked by alcohol. the syndrome is probably associated with genetic predisposition and is characterised by gait disturbance, confusion, memory loss and opthomaloplegia (loss of control of eye movements). recovery is usually complete if thiamine is administered parenterally.

some of the after effects of drinking are a result of acetaldehyde and other aldehydes condensing with neurotransmitters in the brain

dopamine + acetaldehyde ---> salsolinol

dopamine + dopaldehyde ----> tetrahydropapaveroline (THP)

seratonin + acetaldehyde ----> beta-carbolines

which probably explains why it is so addictive also

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I'm not sure if 1 beer would really change that.. Also I've found it the total opposite personally.

we're two different persons. I also have a low alcohol tolerance, this may influence it, too.

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
I haven't drank alcohol in over a year.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
dopamine + acetaldehyde ---> salsolinol

dopamine + dopaldehyde ----> tetrahydropapaveroline (THP)

seratonin + acetaldehyde ----> beta-carbolines

may go some way to explaining your delerium. naive drinkers produce less aldehyde dehydrogenase so are likely to have elevated levels acetaldehyde for longer duration. you see where im going with this. if not Google beta-carbolines

BTW ive had exactly the same effects. ive found myself at work while at the same time convinced im still asleep in bed, or at a party. one time i was at work listening to the conversations going on at the party i was'nt at and convinced i was joining in the conversations. strange drug ethanol

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I will have to google it :D

BTW ive had exactly the same effects. ive found myself at work while at the same time convinced im still asleep in bed, or at a party. one time i was at work listening to the conversations going on at the party i was'nt at and convinced i was joining in the conversations. strange drug ethanol

It isn't that extreme with me...But yeah, very strange drug indeed