Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Awful first time MDMA experience

haikucigarette

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Mai 2010
I started my evening off by watching Fantastic Planet for the twentieth time with my roommates. Afterwards, we decided to head over to a friends' house and I picked up some beers. We kicked back in our friend's garage and played some beer pong for a few hours. We had planned to go to a rave at someone's house so me and two other friends had picked up some Molly earlier that day for the evening's exploits. After a few games of beer pong we all smoked a couple bowls and the few of us who planned on rolling went to the bathroom to parachute the stuff.

After I took the molly I played one more round of beer pong and by the time we headed out to the rave I had consumed approximately 5 beers so I was lightly drunk and a little stoned from the weed. The rave was about a ten minute walk from our friend's place and I was already starting to feel a little weird. I was stoked because I had never done Molly before and went into it with the mindset that it was a party drug and did not really respect its power at all. Up to this point I wasn't completely inexperienced with hallucinogens, but I was and still am quite the novice. Before this I had smoked salvia multiple times (with mindblowing results), journeyed on psilocybin mushrooms, morning glory seeds, amanitas muscarias, and a weak, barely noticeable quarter dose of sass (sp?) and had never had a negative experience on any of them, which is strange since it's apparently very easy to have a bad time with these substances.

When we finally arrived at the party, as soon as I stepped inside the house I felt a sense of mild discomfort. I ignored this and tried to take in the energy of the rave and enjoy myself. I still wasn't sure if the molly had taken effect but I was told it takes about 40 minutes and it had been over an hour. Why wasn't I feeling giddy, or giggly or cuddly? I suddenly realized that my friends were nowhere to be found and I got a little nervous. I didn't know anybody at this place and everyone was acting really strange. Guys were taking their shirts off and screaming and I was not feeling it at all.

The atmosphere was absolutely horrible at this point. The air was very thick, hot, and stuffy and I felt like I was starting to have trouble breathing. I then became intensely aware of the strobe light and other flashing colored lights and became very understanding of how people could have seizures from that sort of thing. I looked away and felt dizzy and incredibly unpleasant. I realized that I don't even much like techno/trance/electro anyway and the music was starting to bother me. I looked around for familiar faces and noticed a few of my friends in the crowd of people dancing and having a good time but I couldn't relate to their enthusiasm at all for some reason. I began doubting myself and an extreme case of self-loathing set in. I questioned if these people were really my friends. Thoughts like "What the fuck am I doing here?" and "What am I doing with my life?" entered my head. I realized that I had nothing in common with any of these people and felt a sense of unbelonging and total loneliness. At that instant I basically said "fuck this" and decided to leave. As I stepped outside I instantly felt a whole lot better but was still intent on just ditching that place. I slipped past a crowd of people and made my way to the sidewalk and just walked down it aimlessly.

I wasn't too familiar with the neighborhood but I didn't give a shit... about anything. Plus, going on long walks always calms me down. It was very chilly and windy that night and I was walking against the wind, which made things even worse. The plan was to walk home and just relax because I could not relax or enjoy myself in that atmosphere. It was on the walk home that the worst of my experience hit me like a ton of bricks. I was overcome by the most overwhelming depression I had ever experienced in my entire life. I considered jumping in front of moving traffic, I considered walking down the train tracks near my house, which is apparently a common place for muggings and people have been murdered there in the past during the wee hours of the morning where I live. I wanted to curl up in a ball and die. I felt insanely sorry for myself and was disappointed with how my life had turned out. The most vivid, surreal unhappiness imaginable. It was like every bad memory, regret, feeling of loneliness, and unhappy moment in my life that had been suppressed and pushed away had now suddenly all come bursting back to bite me in the ass. Note: I've never had any serious depression or emotional problems in my life up 'till then.

At one point I started bawling my eyes out like a little bitch, and I never cry. When I reached downtown familiarity set in and I knew how to get home from there. As I walked through downtown I scurried past loud drunken frat boys, belligerent homeless people, ugly prositutes screaming and cursing at people, sketchy ass tweakers, drug dealers, pimps, and I even walked by a bunch of cops, but I didn't care. If I was laughed at, picked on, beaten up, stabbed, accosted, or arrested I would not have cared at all. I'm a pretty apathetic person anyway, but I literally did not give a shit what happened to me.

When I arrived home I took a long piss and thought hard about everything in my life up to that point. I went into my living room, smoked a bowl, listened to some New Order and started feeling a lot better. My two friends who also rolled that evening came home and comforted me for having a shitty time. We decided to watch office space and smoke another bowl and it put me way more at ease. We ate some pasta and by this time it was about 5 in the morning and I decided to call it a night and went to bed. I rested pretty much all day the next day and woke up at around 5pm and still felt a little off.

I do not regret this experience as I felt that despite the intensely horrible time I had I felt like the event had cleansed my pallet so to speak, like I had sorted out a lot of shit in my mind or something. I think the combination of weed and alcohol did not do this drug any favors and in retrospect I wish I had taken the molly by itself instead of taking it with other substances. Just a heads up, I love the hell out of the mindfuck introspective feeling hallucinogens give me but was raped by a drug that 99% of people who take report being the most pleasant, euphoric experience ever. I guess it all depends on brain chemistry and, perhaps above all, setting? Has anyone else had similar experiences with MDMA? I understand that MDMA is known to cause prolonged depression afterwards but I've never heard of anyone experiencing depression while under the influence of it. Oddly enough, I didn't feel depressed afterwards, only during my trip.

First post, btw. Hello everyone. :D

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
Fantastic planet FTW, have you heard "come on feet" by quasimoto aka madlib? its uses samples from that movie, its one of madlibs favorites.

maybe the depression you felt was from a very fast roll and you were already coming down when you left, ive heard people say dancing and laughing makes you roll harder, and you can actually kill your own trip from being in a bad mood or continually thinking about how your not feeling anything as in your brain was agreeing that you "didnt belong there, what are you doing with your life" and probably decided that seratonin was not necessary in order to walk home which i bet you were ready to do. some people dont crash or roll easier cause they make seratonin faster than others.
im not a big e head but thats my understanding. i dont roll to hard either when i take it and on bad nights it wont even work on me, i feel out of it but hardly euphoric. i see my friends strategy is to "fake it till you make it" as in they act as if their rolling even before it kicks in which makes me wonder if they're even getting real shit or just tripping themselves out.
this is all assuming what you got was real deal but theres no way for me to tell over the internet. just try it again when your sure youre about to be in an envoirnment that you can have a good time in and compare. good luck

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Hey man, glad you came out positive, bad trips give me motivation to change what I don't like - the ability to see yourself from a higher order. IT's good. I've never done mdma, but had a similar experience on shrooms...

Always changing, always improving self-worth.

overunity33

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
23 Déc 2009
Standard borderline personality disorder reaction to psychedelics

blopblop

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Juil 2011
hej!

what i see in your story and makes me react: you ate? you pissed? are you SURE this was mdma? because i can't (and neither can everyone I know using MDMA) do those things while i'm on mdma.... :shock:
your bad trip sounds familiar, i had something quite close with mushrooms, but has absolutely nothing in common with my mdma trips (even if some of them were not that good: i already felt a bit anxious and sad,didn't enjoy the music so much... but not like this!)
i would suggest you try again mdma (make sure it's good shit). it's a pity you had such a bad experience when it can be sooooo good!

IndigoEntranced

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
26 Sept 2011
It sounds just like downtown Montreal. If only I had realized at the time that that grungy looking guy going by on his bike with a huge rucksack asking me "Do you need anything?" at 2:00am was a dealer on the go... Wow, I can be so dense! :rolleyes:

T

trippytripper.shalom

Invité
does boiling up codine nd mixing some nitro vat get u trripy mdma

IndigoEntranced

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
26 Sept 2011
to my knowledge, MDMA is a substance that is best used only a limited number of times by each individual due to its harsh effects on the body. My advice would be to choose the most valuable times possible to do this substance. I have never taken the substance, though I was offered the chance several times. I have some friends who have taken it, one of which did so about 5 to 6 times, and had no permanent adverse effects. The other did it for many months, once or twice a week, and I noticed that she isn't as coherent as she once was.

correct me if I happen to be wrong, or just give some of your own input... I'm always up for learning. Has anyone had any truly enlightening experiences on this substance?

M

MarlowMonday

Invité
^ The first time I took MDMA, I had a great experience, well not at the beginning. I was at an exterior rave with a bunch of friends and I drank 3 beers maybe? I decided to take some mdma, because I knew it was a quality pill. I guess it did such a strong effect on me because I'm thin? Anyway, as soon as I popped I started to feel not so good at all!
Since I wasn't used to the sensation, I was absolutely frightened and I was convinced I was dying. My vision was getting blurry, it felt like my soul was sliding in me and the tip of my fingers we're evaporating in air. All of this combined with strong thought of self-loathing.
By chance, my friend noticed I wasn't feeling good at all and tried to calm me. After an hour of philosophical drug blabbering on death and Socrates, I finally managed to calm myself. The trick was to realise the sensation wasn't bad, it was just overwhelming, once I acknowledged that fact, I started feeling great.
I went dancing for 3 hours non-stop. It felt like I was one with the music, it was amazing. Probably the best trip I've ever had on any substances! I was in a great shape the next morning, I did not overslept nor felt depressed. So yeah, it was mind blowing experience!

iwillgetthere

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Déc 2008
ive done mdma over the last 20yrs, have never had that sort of experience.

I would assume that if you didn't at least feel mildly euphoric/relaxed/happy then you didnt take MDMA.

How much do you think you took? I'll get a nice little tickle off just 60-70mg, 100 is lovely, 125 is tidy... 150 is whoa!!

My advice on using would be not to use with anything else (i.e alcohol, other drugs) not to have big fatty meals before hand, just something light. taking it on a nice sunny day is great too.. totally differnt vibe. I built a chicken coup on MDMA, took me all day but man that was nice day!
Weed for the way home is always nice and does a good job of calming you down.

Try and get something you know is a dead cert. get a marquis testing kit to confirm.
Is defo worth the effort though, MDMA is fantastic stuff.

HermesTrismegistus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Mai 2010
Man be careful with things like MDMA, 9/10 time it isn't MDMA at all. I have almost died are atleast got heavily intoxicated by people who sold me something which wasn't mdma. I got high for almost 40 hours and where in a very depressed paranoid state of mind. It took me 6 month's to fully recover. And I am still not sure what the substance actually was, but it was everything except Mdma.

And if you ever going to take MDMA again(if you got the real stuff its worth any penny you got.) then always test it.

Better be safe then sorry ;)

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
MDMA is for deep experience, not raves. I know I know that a rave scene happened around it, I live in M/C where it was a big thing--though funnily enough when raves were THE thing I never took MDMA cause of the price then was £15 a tab!!

But yeah what happened to you was that the MDMA was bringing stuff up to you that were anything BT 'parrrty'. You walked literally through hell. That scene you describe IS hell isn't it? I mean shit----people now take that desperate shit for granted, but it is hellish. You felt like you didn't care because you were feeling suicidal

MDMA is for healing. It--like psychedelics--should be deeply respected and held as sacred. Try and research the healing meaning of MDMA online and hear people who have taken it therapeutucally---rape victims, all forms of abuse, etc--and see how it encourages the allowance of deep issues whereby you dont feel threatenedd by them. And for this you would need a friend/sitter who you could open up to. If not finding that you could do this solo. This is respecting MDMA, and not like what you did. That night could have ended very dangerously for you!

Nahmého

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Oct 2011
iwillgetthere a dit:
I would assume that if you didn't at least feel mildly euphoric/relaxed/happy then you didnt take MDMA.

How much do you think you took? I'll get a nice little tickle off just 60-70mg, 100 is lovely, 125 is tidy... 150 is whoa!!

My advice on using would be not to use with anything else (i.e alcohol, other drugs) not to have big fatty meals before hand, just something light.

Nothing to add, that's exactly right. Thanks.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
OP you have been given fantastic advice.

I want to elaborate on one thing; NEVER do alcohol with MDMA, that's like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer while having sex.

its the polar opposite

P

prophecy808

Invité
Zipco a dit:
Very interesting. Do you have a source for this?
That's what I would like to know. I have been rollin on MDMA since 2011 and I have Borderline Personality Disorder and have had only one negative experience. The negative experience came from going to a lame rave. I live in Hawaii. I don't know how people roll around people they don't know especially if you don't know if they are rollin to. All my great experiences have been rollin with good friends at my spot or their spot. My first experience was one of the greatest moments of my life. I'm tempted to post a picture cause it still cracks me up. My first roll was with 2 of my close female friends. We started by smoking a couple blunts sitting along my suede sectional I took a full molly with them. I saved one cause one of my close friends who was a guy was suppose to be coming but by the time I felt the most insane incredible feeling of my life I was like forget him im using this for me since he didn't want to show. We did everything you can imagine from massages, to baths, to cuddling, long talks with good friends is great, kissing you name it was done and my house was full of black lights. A comfortable setting with carpet all across the living room dining room and bedrooms. I don't like smoking cigarettes but if they suggested it I did it amazing. I don't know how a person can't take a piss while rolling but when you sit and try wow. Trippy posters on the wall. I had euphoria feelings from music coming from my stereo. After an hour or so we all decided to take our second molly and break up the one extra they had and split it in 6 lines. I'm not big on sniffing anything but they were the experienced ones and I followed. I had an amazing time and couldn't wait to be the poster child to tell you forget the rumors cause E is where it was at. As far as eating I was able to eat eventually but definitely not while I'm rolling. You should take it on an empty stomach that way it gets in your system fast enough. I've gotten to the point I roll maybe twice a month that way I'm not overdoin it. Great suggestions from those that know what they're talking about...never drink while rolling. If your going to roll make sure you use the connects your friends have.

TryptaNice

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Avr 2013
Once, I had an MDMA experience where I felt suicidal during the peak/plateau of the trip. I never reached the euphoria or emotional, loved-up empathogenic feelings that I normally feel on MDMA (and I had done it at least 10 times over the years prior to this negative experience). During the bad experience, I was having visions of doing horrible things to myself like mutilation, jumping off of an overpass, etc... My partner was "rolling" with me this time and he also felt suicidal too! We later found out that the MDMA we had gotten was very impure and that we had only taken about 50mg of it each. We had heard of people having anxiety-ridden experiences at "sub-breakthrough" dose levels, so we figured that (along with the impurity of the chemical) was the reason for the overwhelmingly negative thoughts and suicidal feelings.

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
The worse that could happen is mildly freaking out(even when rolling too often), but not the severe depression reaction. Sounds like you might've gotten PMA or PMMA. It causes depression during!