Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Another experience, like any other

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
Hmm, ok .. yeah I'm still under influences cause I can't seem to get my head straight .. hmm, strange, funny .. Ahwell, I'll try ..

.. been doing Salvia for quite a while, only using dried leaves, which for me seem to be effective quite enough. I've started of with 10x extract and I've been using 20x aswell, but countertollerance let me enjoy just leaves as intents as the heavy extracts did me.

I find every experience very profound, as in; every time I have a wow-feeling; like this time I understood. Like I learned about how it works, because I find the way it works so most ingenius. And every time I try I learn about how it works in my mind, because every time the effect is the same. Which doesn't make it less interesting, because I haven't found out totally, but I feel I've come quite a way .. and I hope just someone can identify with this explanation of the feeling.

I feel like that I, as conscience, get drawn back into "....". Call it my head, call it Salvia-realm, I dunno. I still wonder about the actual placement of extince of this 'state'. It's a distracting place, visually perceivable, but not through eyes, just by sence. It's a beautyfull place, really calm en pretty.

But constantly my mind is busy thinking 'when it will be back', back in the body/head. And everytime it takes a while. While thoughts are slowly passing in my head like: "Hmm, could it be forever? I know I'm in my house .. I know someone is there, but if I stop focussing on that tiny string of thought leading to the 'here and now' .. would I end up staying here forever?" It's not from the start, but after a short while, these thought arise. Too bad perhaps, but on the other side; I don't know if I could take the step of letting it all go, and perhaps stay in my head/Salvia realm forever. Which is quite possible, because it doesn't rely on the existence of time.

In the place .. my head/Slvia realm, I see events that are past and future. I see thoughts that are not yet existing but I see them slowly comming out of this realm (in physical form, like objects/things) and out through some sort of outer shell. Once popped out, they are thought. It's like perhaps I'm inside the engineroom of thought creation. And these thoughts come from a very colourfull, dynamic, visually attractive realm. Inhibbitted by entities who are working to keep this world running. I guess it's lead by the entitie we call Lady Salvia, but I haven't seen her for quite a while, so I couldn't ask.

----

Ok, so this all sounds very strange, huh. Well, it does to me, well .. to anyone very sober and so .. this experience or explanation for what has been experienced sound ridiculous. And for me, well .. in and hour time or so, I wouldn't understand myself either I suppose, it's fading as a dream-like memory.

But when I'm experiencing I don't feel that I have lost my mind, my ability to think or to reason. No, I even feel very aware and clear. Nevertheless, I fear that I should not take my experience serious in any way. No matter how convincing this feels, I guess I'd be insane to believe that this explanation is the accordance of what happened.

I know Brewmaster will say that Salvia is just a mind-fuck, but I just can't agree with that (no offence). So I wondered if there be anyone who has the same or a likewise interpretation of a good Salvia experience.

---

Hmm, ok sorry, it's becaom a long post. Congrats for making it through until the end :)

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Well, it does to me, well .. to anyone very sober and so

No, no no, it's quite clear. Nice attempt of a desccription I think, pretty close to my own experience also.
What do you think about the following :
Loooong hit... hold... expiration... thougths start to loop themselves... switch off light, lay down, close eyes...
Then there is "I"+"Salvia realms"+"thougths".
Something is absent but "I" do not know what is it, nor "I" don't care about it. Then the experience slowly fadeout and the missing thing appear. It was not really missing, it is just clear that it was not there and now it does appear again.
That missing thing is "me"
Where "me" was exploded/strewn/absent at the (short) peak of the experience and slowly re-assemble.

Afterward I must conclude that "I" is not "me" :shock:

Huh, no I did'nt take anything as I am writting that ;)
During the peak, thoughts are present but they could be not there, it would not change anything to "I", it's just a tool to work with concepts or memory but there are not much memories in that state.

Does it sound familiar ?

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
Yeah, it's like .. your conscience (described as "I") leaves you ego (described as "me"). So this results into missing the part that contains the information in your brain, things like "where am I" and "what's my past" and all actual experienced memories.

Doing without at that point doesn't feel like a lack, it's not like your missing it, because you're still aware that you have a conscience .. as a matter of fact, you are only consciencs at that point. And that's fine :)

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Siq a dit:
I feel like that I, as conscience, get drawn back into "....". Call it my head, call it Salvia-realm, I dunno. I still wonder about the actual placement of extince of this 'state'. It's a distracting place, visually perceivable, but not through eyes, just by sence. It's a beautyfull place, really calm en pretty.

But constantly my mind is busy thinking 'when it will be back', back in the body/head. And everytime it takes a while. While thoughts are slowly passing in my head like: "Hmm, could it be forever? I know I'm in my house .. I know someone is there,

You're describing it perfectly, as I also experience that in the very same way! It feels like the 'salviaworld' resides in my subcontious. Some thoughts about reality can come trough; but my mind isn't able to fit the peaces of the puzzle when in this world.

Although I have only had twice the oppertunity to experience this; I really would like to go 'back' again and do the same as you just did: write it down.

Nice going :)

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
Hmmm .. ok, this was quite a strange experience .. erm. Profound as any other, but this time I realised quite a .. revelation.

This reality is in my head.

I was in that other reality, the one I allways enter through Salvia. And every time I do Salvia, the experience isn't that different .. I just grasp more of the concepts I encounter, like the objects I see aswell as the whereabout of the place. Also what my place is there in that world. I am spectating that world at that moment, but the more often I go there the more of a past and existence I'm building in there.

This time I could finally describe things I've experienced and litterally seen also in previous attempts. It's only now that I understood. I saw that world vividly and I saw a slight crack, like a fold. From that point, which was my head, that whole reality was fold out. Or from another point of view (the one I attained that moment) .. THIS reality existed only in my head. This whole reality, with Indiaan sitting at a couch next to me and a PC connected to internet, a house .. this WHOLE reality, was in my head, from that point of view.

Hmm, let me rephrase this for myself. I was in that world, which was folded out of my mind, consisting of a whole lot of things, people/entities (there was a friend I only know in that world) object .. all indescribable because I have only seen them a few times. And in this world was a crack that lead to this reality. And this crack was at the location of my head.

So I litterally went out of my head.

----

The strange thing is that, although absurd, this comes to me as totally true. I experienced this, under influence of Salvia, but with a conscience that is as clear as now .. or, over an hour or two, three. My reasoning is being tested perhaps, but I experience this as truth. I'd better not shout this all around, 'cause people may call me totally insane, so I'll keep this to a select group, but hell .. I do have experienced it with a clear mind/reasoning/conscience.

If there is anyone who experiences the like .. do please reply.

Peace .. and for the record .. I'm prefectly sane :)

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I have smoked it three times now.

I must admit, that in some way, it's hard to understand her. Once you're there, you still have to break the wall before you can completely go through the gate and experience the positive affection in your mind.

Both with that, the Salvia high is unpleasant for many people, and you definitely need to smoke her more times in a row before you get a minor understanding. Lots of people abandoned it already by their first time, since all they feel is the frighting high and not wanting to do it again.

I had quite a profound experience with her my 3rd time, smoked it in the pipe, dried leaves + 5 x extract, deep inhaled and kept the smoke in my lungs for quite a long time by each time I inhaled.

I lied down on my bed with goa and progressive on, my eyes were closed on purpose, and tried to give myself totally naked, with the intention to pull unknown information or data out of myself that I had never taken knowledge of.

Soon after that, I got wraped up in a world with clear thoughts and fancy dreams. This was weird, my prior experiences were more confusing than I could have expected. But now, it was like I could dive deeper to the point where Salvia land begins. Even though it still fell like a dark and empty space, since I was just a resident for the first time. But when I might return with a next experience, it starts there where I finished my prior trip, and can go further from there without having to go to the inaugoration again.

I attempted to think about what was actually going through my mind, as far I could think like I was clean, it was the data in my hypofyse that remained as my consciousness, and I got irriated by the fact that I have a body and need to take that with everywhere I go in reality. Why not just living with your deepest data only if all the information of your own 'I' is writed in there? I might have whispered that with speech.

It was nice to have my window open, the wind came in occasionally, and it was going all over my body, like a nice stroke by soft hands, somehow I realised completely that it came from outside and the wind. But the touch I got could be compared by getting stroked by your beloved one.

I feel the need to smoke this again, and create a full warm relation with Salvia, and having my 'lodging' there. But it's not easy, I might encounters obstacles, too...

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006

Great way to describe it. I've tried to describe it to my friend as I usually trip harder than he does and I sound insane lol. Your right though its a very busy "world" I always feel like everything moves / crawls. I can never understand how though. What "direction" the crawling goes or if that's even how it works. Your right though it has nothing to do with your eyes.

I am spectating that world at that moment, but the more often I go there the more of a past and existence I'm building in there.

Awesome. You seem to be able to grasp what I've been trying to understand for a while. There does seem to be a separate memory bank for different trips. Like I've smoked with friends and we can continue a convocation from last time which could be weeks back.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I know Brewmaster will say that Salvia is just a mind-fuck

Mindfuck is a mechanism we us to describe that which we fail to describe in another matter in my opinion ;)

I recognize a lot of what you are saying. This Salvia space....When I read your post, memories fade in and fade out. I've seen past, not sure about future. Right now writing this something comes back, hard to describe, like I experieced my body as just an interface to this world.

Will write more when I get home today..

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I know I talk a lot of smack in regards to salvia, but I have had some nice experiences. Actually, they've all been nice if you ignore the profuse sweating; I've never had a bad/ scary/ paranoid experience with it. I use the term "mindfuck" because to me, that's all it is. As far as using it as a spiritual tool or learning experience, compared to any other drug we discuss on this board: shrooms, L, mescaline, DMT/ aya; salvia is worthless. That's just me. I equate it to doing nitrous (laughing gas); it's fun, but it so short-lived and doesn't provide anything meaningful.

The first time I smoked it I felt like I was a crayon in a box of other crayons and we were all being held in the hand of god. All of us sitting there hoping that god would pick us to draw with and he reaches in and grabs me by the head and pulls me out of the box. Then it was over, and I was standing there crying from laughing so hard. I know you can read into this and say "Oh man, that is a totally cosmic experience" but it wasn't. It lasted 2 minutes and I was the same after it as I was before.

To me, it doesn't feel like any doors are being opened; I feel that after I smoke it, all the sounds, sensations and visuals are all just an effect of the chemical taking control of my brain. My past experiences and current knowledge don't play a part like they do with other substances. I'm not working with it, it's just a quick joy-ride and then it's time to get off.

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
I must agree with Brew that I also cannot say that I have received information or knowledge that is to any use within thís reality. So in this way it hasn't been an eye-opener, or opened any door to knowledge that is or can been seen as .. practical.

But that doesn't take away it interessed from me. I have had many experiences, but every time I'm still intrigued by the genious nature of the reality/dimension I am experiencing. For me; I am exploring and understanding a whole new dimension. That is .. it's new to me.

But the intriguing thing for me is that, not just the effect seems to have no use within this reality, also the origin or source of what I perceive and experience at these moments seem not from this place. I cannot describe, not even imagine the things that I see, the concept that I experience. These things don't seem to come out of my head. These things seem to have an existence and (I suspect) a purpose, outside of our perceivaly reality.

It's quite hard to give these experiences a place, because they cannot (easily or at all) be related to anything perceivably in this reality .. but somehow, the first time I broke through, I felt like I was in a place that I was (in some way) familiar with. I felt like it could have been a memory from, either long ago or .. well, even longer ago.

----

A theory for me is .. that this place is the dimension in which the conscience/soul (whatever you want to call you non-body piece of existence) are when not in the body; before birth and after death. Yeah, there is a name for it, I don't know the term.

An argument for that, I find, is the idea that I can ónly enter this place with (or there is only room/purpose for) my conscience. Also do I not experience time as a significant concept. Also when entering this place, I feel that I go through some wormhole, that I have perceived as a tunnel of light (first time break-through) .. I assosciate this with N.D.E. descriptions; the well-known tunnel of light. And when there, I see a collection of memories of mine, which for me was the outer layer of this world. It was merely perceivable as a wall, but every tiny part of it was a memorie .. that I could perceive ('visually') when I looked at this wall. Also this do I assosciate with things like "I saw my life flashing before my eyes".

----

I'm pleased that now more people here spread their experience and perceptions of this fenomenon, because I'm curious about which overlapping ideas they are. I'd like to find out in which way can this state/dimension be described. I also wonder if someone has done research about Salvia(-experiences).

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
I find all of your thoughts and ideas on this very thought provoking, so i would like to share what my view on why and how psychedelics and drugs alike make an impact on you.

I believe when you enter an altered state of conscience you are there to learn and experience something new, like a revelation. As Siq said that there was only one thought that was holding the thin line to reality, i think that we all have this thought and there is a reason that we do. I think that there is a realm were there are many divine spirits or entities and each one is related to a drug(such as lady salvia, The Mushroom men, gnomes, and the alien like creatures met on dmt) I think it is as if each one has a book and in that book is there knowledge everything they now and that they are light years ahead of our time to the point were they have achieved true divinity, and every time you trip they make you read from this book and what you read is so astonishing it can be life changing. When your trip starts to end they close the book and thats it, you have to wait till your next experience to start reading again. this is just an easy way for my to explain it, i'm not saying they actually make you read from a book but rather you learn from your trip and they are there to help. As i said about what Siq said about keeping in touch with reality, its a natural instinct to do so because the entities that are influencing your experience what you to be able to share it, or learn from it and implement what you learned it your everyday life.

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I felt like I was in a place that I was (in some way) familiar with. I felt like it could have been a memory from, either long ago or .. well, even longer ago.

Again spot on man. I first used to freak out because of that. It felt like I've "returned" to this familiar place and it felt like I could never go back to my normal life while I was tripping. It feels like a lost childhood feeling. Or possibly it's where you go while you dream every night. Mushrooms feel childhood like to me as well. Everything seems brighter. Size feels different and you can kind of imagine the walls and furniture are larger than life like they would have been when you were say five or whatever. Not to mention the joy some trip toys can give you ;)

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
I felt like I was in a place that I was (in some way) familiar with. I felt like it could have been a memory from, either long ago or .. well, even longer ago.

Ahh i also find that spot on, i find my self at many times with the feeling that i was in a familiar setting. as if it were just another day. Some times my tripes don't seem to be new but rather as if i were living in a past moment that never happened and i could accept that fact.

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
kcar181 a dit:
It felt like I've "returned" to this familiar place and it felt like I could never go back to my normal life while I was tripping. It feels like a lost childhood feeling.

I've had exactly the same feeling my first two trips on Salvia. But then again, this feeling isn't annoying or troubling me at that point. It feel comfortable and 'ok'.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I agree with a lot of things but not that 'the psychedelic experience is meant to..

It doesnt mean anything. Its a tool nothing more, nothing less. The revelations you get are yours to accept, ignore or push away as nonsense.

There are a few things sure:

- Set, setting, expectations greatly model a psychedelic experience
- There are various degrees in experience usually linked to dosage

The altered state is what it is and all meaning you hang onto it will 'just' be your meaning. Someone else from a different culture may have a complete different understanding of it. You cant say we go there to learn, some of us just go there to have fun (most are conservative on dosage ;) ), some of us never learn, some of us dont want to learn.

That said, I am with brew because I love they guy :p

Just kidding, I do love the guy but the reason I agree with him is that I also experience a Salvia smoked trip too short to do anything with it. I suspect this is because I dont have any frame of reference to that particular state other than previous Salvia trips.

DMT is also very shortacting when smoked but since thats very similar (although much more intense) as mushrooms, I mostly manage to get a short trip with a real lesson. Whenever DMT comes up, it feels so familiar, I feel like coming home (almost). So I can almost relax in the trip and go with whatever is presented. With Salvia however, its so different than mushrooms for me that I need a couple of minutes to get comfortable (as much as possble ), in the Salvia world. Problem is, the trip only lasts a couple of minutes. (note that I havent experienced a full dose dmt yet ;) )

I still have this 20x extract lying around for a year and I'm tempted to put some under my tongue this weekend to try to get a less intense, longer Salvia experience.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I'm at the end of a Salvia trip...

Smoked it in my room, sitting in my chair, when all the Salvia was smoked, 2 full pipes of 5 x extract, and three full pipes of dried leaves, I began to feel more calm.

I was sitting, it felt as my butt was connected with the chair, I didn't move, but I was so aware that my body was in the chair. Like we both melted to one piece.

I lied down on the couch, yet again didn't move at all, but was strongly aware that my entire back of my body was connected with it and laying on it. Like it was my ground.

When the trip became more deep, and closed my eyes, there was this eye tense that lifted me up to a level higher. Then I suddenly opened my eyes again, not sure or this was by choice or not. But the experience was much more intense from this point!

I was truly aware of my position in the room, and the distance to the walls, I swear I could walk through the entire house with no sight and still making it to everywhere without hitting any object or walls. Even opening the door. It was like my process of thinking was going very smooth and it hardly required any energy, could do a lot of things very nuanced.

It defintely was a strong high, I had to walk downstairs and take a glass of drink from the fridge, I hardly realised that I was doing this, but everything went faultless without making any noise, all in the near dark. Like an automatic pilot.

One thing is facinates me specifically is the gravitation of the planet while high...

It has mostly weared off now, but it's quite an interesting thing.

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
Very strange .. 2 pipes of extract and another 3 pipes of leaves. I could not possibly inhale this (and holding it long) before I'd be off, what you call high.

Lately I have once tries taking two tokes instead of one, but the effect was less, because I didn't hold it in long enough this way. For me it's one took (over the line .. :p)

Also your experience is very different compared to anything I've ever experienced, but I've heard of more people that the did stay in 'this dimension'; which may just be even more logical (seen the probability of a physically multidimensional universe).

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
My lungs burned like hell, and had to drink a lot of water after each toke.

However, Salvia is for sure not a mindfuck for me, but I'm pretty convinced that it'll never be a 'wow' experience either. It's just something interesting.

And I have to say that, I was more fond of Ketamine, and have to re-phrase my earlier comment about Salvia and K having something in common.

I'll smoke this substance in the future, but will put it on the background the forthcoming time.

Anyways, this yet again displays that each individual's mind reacts different on every substance. For me MDMA and LSD totally did it, what's your story on that?