Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Alcohol - Spirit or Worst Trip Ever?

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Okay, so I recently had a few binges, and mind you it's been a while. The next day, to put it lightly, was unpleasant. This got me to thinking about a simple question: Does alcohol really serve any positive purpose? I mean I'm trying to be objective here, and most psychedelics are technically "poisons" as well, but there is nothing that gives me a worse come-down of sorts then an alcohol binge (at least for the experience it provides). So what do you think, does alcohol serve a purpose? Does it provide some sort of social lubricant or a handy deterrent from bad thoughts? Or is it just the worst trip ever?

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
I think it's similar to weed. They are very versatile in their uses, and they just have to be used the right way, for the right reasons. What you get depends on the dose of course as well. I try never to drink so much that I will have a bad hangover, maybe just a very small one if anything. It's a creativity booster for me sometimes and like you mentioned, it's a great social thing too.

But I think its potential for abuse is quite high, and the benefits don't quite match that. So I usually drink very little.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
alcohol = no psychadelic. the fact that you still can think under the influence of alcohol doesn't make it a psychadelic. alcohol has positive effects for the body and the mind tho which are good for blood circulation and relaxation can also occur. so there are positive effects but also negative effects like hangover on the next day when you did too much.
i think its something like a social lubricant indeed considering that drinking is in itself often a social event and probably alcohol can be something like a handy deterrent from your thoughts too, as it provides a state of mind when consumed in large amounts or in little amounts with high concentration, which almost makes it appear as if thinking could be harder as imagined or impossible after all.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Alcoholl is a psychadelic it but VERY different from an entheogen or THC -

Alcohol REMOVES communicators in the brain, allowing for more of your base person to come out. It is good for social lubricant, and approaching situations you are afraid of much easier.

I have smoked DMT while relatively intoxicated - it makes the initial push in much easier.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
You know what, alcohol is useless to me because there's GHB. GHB gets you 'drunk' for like 30 cent a single dose (if GBL and the two other compounds are bought individually), there's much more a curve of 'intellectual' contact rather than 'shameless' contact, there's no after effect at all, it's not toxic to the liver doesn't dehydrate any tissue in the body and brains. Your memory will like this lots, watch out with sex though, carry condoms and use them since G can act as a powerful libido booster. It lowers inhibitions greatly for many.

I have only consumed alcohol once in my life when I was 18. I have dosed myself with G every Saturday and Friday night for about year when clubbing, and eventually ended up being hooked to it, although it must be said it was mostly because of a quicker recovery I got from it after work outs, and slightly a bigger physique as well, especially the legs. It's fairly possible to do it just when having a night out, which I recommended to those who'd like to drink till being tipsy at least. Just use a syringe to pull up the G and measure milliliters accurately, and not using it in your spare time because it's less boring than being sober.

Whether alcohol has purpose or not, depends on the person who's consuming it, to me it's completely pointless. Actually,
I don't like any inebriation anymore. That's why I merely stick to psychedelics. And for those who believe alcohol is somewhat similar to pure THC. :finga:

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
IJC - I see your point about lost inhibitions (which may not always be a positive thing) but I don't know if I'd agree with labeling alcohol as a psychedelic. I mean if anything, wouldn't the DMT make you think differently, just because of alcohol as being a sort-of inhibitor, and the DMT being the true psychedelic?

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Alcohol is NOT a psychedelic, it doesn't expand consciousness. It numbs it.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I've come to countless revelations while slightly drunk. It may not be the actual alcohol, but the mind set I begin to feel once my brain feels any invading chemical...

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Alcohol isn't a psychedelic, but that doesn't mean it can't be psychedelic. I have also come to many great revelations and creative inspirations while drunk (and I never do get wasted or anything, that's a factor). Like I said before, alcohol's benefits are dose dependent, it can expand your mind when used properly (something most modern people won't comprehend).

Sinaeps

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Déc 2009
Alcohol is great for social events. It gets rid of the irrational fear of "consequences", but can also remove healthy fears. So it's to be taken in consideration. People seem to think that since alcohol is legal, then it's a very light psychoactive. In fact, the reasons that make it legal are political, it's not about health. I think alcohol can be VERY useful and fun, as long as it's not abused.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I really like Bill Mahers take on alcohol. He said a few months ago on real time that alcohol serves a real good purpose in society because it enables ugly people to get laid. ;)

No really, in smaller doses alcohol is quite nice as a social activator - and almost everyone is open to have a drink once in a while, so it is not just for a closed group of people. I really got to know most of my colleagues when we had a beer or two (or eight), and I wouldn't want to miss it.

Too much alcohol though is not good. I really hate myself every time I've had too much alcohol, I really don't want to do that anymore. Binge drinking is just pure evil, alcohol should only be consumed in smaller amounts.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
i do like the way it slowly lowers inhibitions as long as it's with the right kind of people. before you know it you are having lengthy and sometimes absurdly intimate conversations. in that context alcohol really only works for me if it's very occasional, like going out for drinks a few times a year. in the right setting and if I don't overdo it, i find it quite enjoyable.

actually i usually don't even drink to get intoxicated. i like the flavor, texture and sensation of a decent whiskey, scotch or port or beer. a small glass of which now and then is about as subjectively intoxicating as a can of cola IMO.

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
Alcohol helps you warm up during the winter and also socialize. But it's bad in large amounts. 2-methyl-2-butanol is better than ethanol because there's no hangover and you can still socialize. Kratom is way better and it's both stimulating and relaxing. Then there's Modafinil, which makes you awake and alert and smarter like Eddie Morra from limitless.