Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

world psychedelic symposium - did anyone attend?

nomadn

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
24 Mar 2008
hi there

just wondered if anyone here got to attend this wonderful conference in Basel, Switzerland over the weekend? It was truly amazing - i have never connected with so many like-minded souls in my life, i truly felt like i found my tribe. Some really good speakers as well...

Just wondered if anyone here attended - id be interested to hear what your experience was like.

NomadN

Dr. Leospace

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
Yes I was there and it was really great :!:

I've seen a lot of wise, intelligent and creative people and heard a lot of inspiring theories and stories about psychedelics, art, space-ships and entities, the Psychedelic Renaissance, promissing scientific research, newly discovered psychoactive plants and even some safe tripping tips...

So it was wonderfull! When I find some more time, I'll write down a more detailed review here...

jilola

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Avr 2006
I was there.

Once again an excellent conference.
I especially enjoyed Grof's talk about the changes needed in current psychology and psychiatry in order to accommodate and understand the transpersonal and perinatal experiences. Hugely interesting.
Overall, the people in the two Basel conferences have been by far the nicest and most approachable among any of the various conferences on different subjects that I have attended.

Here's hoping there'll be a Psychedelic Forum 2010.

Shroomlady

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
8 Déc 2005
I was there (with dr. Leospace and 3 others), it was super! We should have organized a small meeting there to talk about this website.
The atmosphere was really amazing, there was a lot of love and wisdom in the air for sure ;) and I got inspired to use more psychedelics this summer .....

nomadn

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
24 Mar 2008
it was certainly very inspiring. Some really great speakers - i was truly inspired by both Thomas Roberts & Michael Winkleman and their idea of creating a company out of the psychedelic therapy market and having it appear on the NASDAQ as LSDD :))) A dream perhaps, but that's where it starts! We need more dreamers in the world. Well i'd certainly buy shares in that company!!!
Winkleman is doing great work in taking forth Terrance McKenna's revised theory of evolution - it makes so much sense...
Listening to Stan Grov's talk on the roots of violence and greed, so spot on. And such a cool, unpretentious guy.
Rick Doblin from MAPS was also a great inspiration - i love how he kept referiing to the "psychedelic reniassance" - it so is the time for it!!!
And my all time fave had to be Kathleen Harrison. I like how she spoke from the heart and her experiences rather than the technical scientific stuff. She had such a beautiful aura around her - i remember speaking to some guy in the audience who said "i've fallen in love with her"... :)))

One of the best parts though was hearing other "oridnary folk" like you and me share their experiences. In fact i didnt feel we had enough of a platform for this and i'll make a suggestion to the organisers for the next conference (praying there is one). As a musician i would have loved to perform some of my music and im sure there are several others with something to share. It would have been cool to have a party at the conference as well to be able to mix with people outisde of the lectures, including some of the speakers!!!

Im planning on creating a myspace/facebook page for the attendees to keep in touch - let me know if you guys are interested in connecting and i'll send a link.

Light and love,
nomadn
P.S. Like you shroomlady i feel very inspired to make use of some psychedelics this spring/summer! Cant wait!!!