Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

WHY?

Kai

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
4 Juin 2009
Simple question, huge answer.

I want to know what you guys think the reason that all this shit is here? Why do all these complex things exist? Is there a reason for life? Everything baffles be to the point where I start laughing at how insane this shit is.

ochho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mar 2009
Well, I don't believe there is a particular reason. Randomness. We are here by pure chance. And it may very well be that there are other "coincidences" like us in the universe. But the universe is so large, that the chances we ever come across life-forms on other planets are very very slim.

Or, you can believe that there is a purpose to everything, and in that case, good luck...because I think your questions will ever go unanswered.

I am no bashing religions, beliefs, fate and such. But for me, it's just not there. After all, we only are the sum of all our experiences in life, and so far this is what it sums up to, for me, in this department.

The way I see it, life is the result of a complex equation with millions of variables. And that result is only attainable when all those individual variables attain a certain value. For a quick analogy, let's use a deck of cards. You've got 52 cards and you're drawing 4 of them. To get "life", you need 4 aces. So in this case, the probability of "life" would be (4*3*2*1)/(52*51*50*49), or 24 chances in 6'497'400, in other words very very very unlikely. And this is just with 52 possible cards, and drawing 4. Now, life on Earth is more like a deck of a few hundred million cards, and you're drawing around a million cards. A "miracle" might some say. To me, it's just probability and randomness.

PS: Hope my math is correct, it is after all 6AM xD

Cheers everyone,
PLUR

Kai

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
4 Juin 2009
Well you see the reason for my deep interest in the concept of "is there a reason to all this"? Is the fact that matter and life seem to be suspiciously NOT random at all. A lot of discoveries have showed that life has to be more than just a coincidence but rather a synchronicity.

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Because

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i think too it's synchronicity between the infinite probability-waves and improbability-not-waves collapsing??

random

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Déc 2007
Whenever a coincidence happens in your life. Like those strings of beauty. We may feel them as "purpose" for life, and that maybe this isn't all cause and effect. Maybe there's faith. Maybe... Well. Imagine that a coincidence happened to create the essence of the universe (whats beyond it? I don't know. We may well be a product of a higher mind. We may be SCI-Fi characters, so to speak).

But. What's the very base of all coincidences? (those which we perceive)

I think it's Will. And maybe it's not even your will, since you don't exist. And bare with me.. what are you but a product of culture? What's culture but a product of time and experience?
Though, it's your will spread all around the universe. Driving you insane. Driving you with love. Driving you with sadness and anger. Driving you with pain and beauty.
Ego exist because of this Will. Will to reach beauty. Will to suffer. Will to be experience the Universe and a deep essence and energy that it is available for us to, actually, Live, and not just survive.

We live in a culture where we try, at any cost, to avoid that. Beucase we can't grasp it. It's just too big. Too intense. Too much..

But remember another thing. I''m completly wrong, and I have no idea what I'm talking about.
That's why the best answer for a philosophical question, is a philosophical answer, to perpetuate the depths of our brains.
And Fork is great at doing that :)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
HOW?

I feel your intense amazement too - I will say however, that life to me seems VERY random, and if you take a step back for long enough you will see this.

However the question still remains, WHY does physics obey laws? Why is there existance? WHY did anything 'start'?

I think the only answer this crazy insanity of a question can be answered by is an even more insane answer: You are god! You have to ask yourself! And you have a life time to explain to yourself WHY you did this.

bliksem

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Oct 2009
Simple question, huge answer.

I want to know what you guys think the reason that all this shit is here? Why do all these complex things exist? Is there a reason for life? Everything baffles be to the point where I start laughing at how insane this shit is.

By huge answer do you mean your expectancy of the answer or do you actually know the answer?

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” Carl Sagan

Necridous

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
24 Mai 2007
If you all accept the notion that the universe is of infinite size, than mathematically the "possibility" of life is enormous. In fact, somewhere out there are countless exact copies of Earth that only vary by a single detail. In an infinite universe given enough time, every possibility will play out. You have an uncountable number of clones out there who only vary from you by a single decision or action or event. Life cannot be rare, but the distances involved in traveling to these locations are extremely prohibitive.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i heard the universes' diameter is something like 78 000 000 000 lightyears, but maybe it's infinite who knows???

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
i like that word, why. whatever answer you get you can continuously ask it of the answers, pretty much for ever.

when i was a kid the answer i got from the religulous was "god made everything of course". so i asked where did god come from, why does 'he' exist. i got some jargon about how god was always there and it was simply too difficult for our minds to comprehend, because 'he' made us so we couldn't understand the answer.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
yeah maybe we can speak with god but we won't understand 'him', because of our "self-imposed" ignorance towards god. that'd make sense to why probably most christians don't "exactly" get what they pray for if they pray for their wishes.
imagine you needed to order something in a restaurant but you had no tongue and you couldn't speak with hands or so... maybe it'd be a bit like roulette considering what you might get on your plate ? :mrgreen: :lol:

peace

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Just don't ask the question... mankind has been trying to answer that question since the evolution of consciousness, and all that came out was total nonsense.
My firm believe is that this is a question we will never be able to answer, so just not asking it will help us focus on more important things. Like how can we create a better world for everyone?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
so why you polarize it to the extent that your statement might not be credible? see where we are we are so far that we start to forget why we started to ask why in the first place... i dare to challenge the idea that all that came out of asking why is nonsense and bullshit. however i don't think it's a bad idea to think about making our world a better place. but well sorry i think your statement could make sense too, because a non-definite question can only bring non-definite answers....

peace :weedman:

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
This post has been edited by me, Jamapricotica, for the simple reason that I am attempting to cleanup and/or improve my presence on this forum.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
just another form of determinisitic chaotic order then???? :axe:

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
This post has been edited by me, Jamapricotica, for the simple reason that I am attempting to cleanup and/or improve my presence on this forum.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
is there not something uncalculable?? even if we had the means to calculate the incalculable how could we ever find all the incalculable factors, but well........ maybe some day we could have such a calculator that could calculate everything in not infinite times and that what would previously said to be incalculable and therefore could calculate equations which would take into account knowing everything that happened everywhere however how could you ever know that??? who knows...

peace :weedman: