Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Why we trip-What is a Bad trip-How to avoid them.In theory..

Whyra

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Nov 2014
I was 19 at the time. I had used psychedelics for about a year (once in 3-4 months maybe) before I started using them many times a week. It was like something just snapped in my head. Really hard to explain... But in that period it was all just about psychedelics. I wanted to go deeper and deeper.

Oh yeah, I've tried microdosing as well and I don't count it as tripping. Though the last time I microdosed was last year. I didn't experience so much benefits, I guess I just wanted to find out what kind of effect it would have on me. Sometimes it's nice to microdose just a little bit when you are in a situation where you definetely don't want to trip but you want to get a little bit deeper aspect on the situation. Let's say, at school. Or something. It sometimes makes you see things you might not be able to see if you were completely sober and not concentrating. But later on I found it's better just to "step out of the situation" or "look at it as an outsider" instead of taking some microdose of psychedelics. I mean, when you're completely sober.

Meditation is very good, other spiritual practices as well. Actually I think they are quite important even after that trip. It would be the best to have the meditation as a daily practice, just like brushing your teeth. Or if you don't meditate with an alarm clock, just sometimes when you remember during the day to concentrate on your breath and meditate for 10 seconds, like, get yourself awake, be aware of what you are doing at this very moment etc. it's very good. But even better if you can meditate like 30 minutes every morning and every evening. Still, if you just don't feel like doing it, there's no point forcing yourself too hard. If you get the routine then it becomes the same as brushing your teeth: When you don't do it, you're teeth starts feeling dirty, so you actually want to do it.

I mostly use psychedelics to help me to make new imprints on my conciousness. Which means, they are a tool to shape my own mind, but they don't do the change. I have to be very aware of WHAT kind of change I want to have. This means that I also have to be very aware of what kind of person I am and how I react to certain events. I know this is kinda complicated stuff and hard to explain. But simply put: You change yourself, you change the reality you live in. When you experience ego death, the crucial moment is when you come back of it. Because you never really come back, you just build a copy of the self you were before you experienced ego death. That's the moment when it's sometimes possible to make new imprints and change the way the new self is going to be. But I don't say it's easy and that that alone would be enough. After that you have to live like the changes are real and they'll become real.

Here's something about O-ring:
BDORT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some people think of it as pseudoscience. But it has been researched a lot, 8 years before getting a patent, because it seemed like impossible to be true. Well, I don't care that much whether people believe it's true or not. I believe it's just my inner voice that tells me what is good for me and what is not. You can try this stuff with different kind of substances, it's kinda weird but you just get stronger or weaker depending on what you're holding. There are some other practices as well, like stretching while holding a substance.

I don't know if this was any help for you but I hope so. Anyway I'm just telling about my own experiences, I don't know what's the best for you because you're the one who knows it the best :).

But I gotta say I've got some amazing help from psychedelics. Like, I was diagnosed with PTSD. It's now completely gone and LSD was one big key to get rid of it (but also therapy and going to the court about the crime that happened to me). The psychedelics didn't really help me with this problem (I had the PTSD for 10 years) before I learnt the right way to work with them.

entheogenresearcher

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Déc 2014
Thanks for your advice and for sharing about your traumatic experience. There are many things I would like to ask you, but before I do that I feel that I should remind you that I am asking these questions as a part of my academic study of spiritual use of entheogens. I have already used some quotes of yours in a draft for a psychology paper that is available from my simple, homemade website at entheogenstudy.org, and I hope you are ok with that. You are invited to check out the draft and see that I have not twisted your statements into something that does not represent your intentions.

You speak about daily meditation practice in a way that gives me the impression that you have been doing this for quite some time. Did you embark on such practice before or after you had your eye-opening LSD experiences?

And - I know that I'm asking pretty personal questions here, so don't feel there is any obligation to answer - would it be possible to give a few specific examples of the kind changes to yourself and your reality that you have brought about through the use of psychedelics?

I am also very interested in knowing more about your PTSD healing process.

Trachel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Juin 2015
I don't think it's possible to avoid a bad trip. But it is possible to avoid going into psychedelic states while your set and setting are off.

Steer clear of trips whilst your mood isn't right, that's the best way to stay out of the deep end.