Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Why do you use psychedelics?

MuschBusch

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
What are your main motives for (active) using of psychedelic drugs. Is it just for having a nice time? Or is it a quest, searching your innerself?
Just Wondering.

misper666

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Nov 2005
a trip is fun if it is taken in the context of wanting to continue further into a journey (ie you are most intrigued by it) i think for this to happen the setting must be right & you must be comfortable. to me, things like nausea & anxiety (in the straight world) act on a trip to make it "a mongy one"
i think one needs to look seriously at certain things that *have* been taken at raves etc etc (psychodelics) are they really suited? i believe not, K takes away your legs & other things take your mind away from the party... that said, there's been E's with trace elements of this & that, they wont give a full on trip but do add something to a night! it's all about dosage.
but psychodelics on their own, i think, need to be given their own dedicated space. so yeah, innerself for me!

MuschBusch

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
For me it is a combination of things...
Fascinated by the mysteries of life, the the human mind and a healthy dose of curiousity.

j-lazy

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
16 Déc 2005
is use psychedelic drugs to have a good time but i also learn a lot from my experiences every trip give's me something to remember and i look at things in a different way after the use of pychedelic drugs. you can learn a lot from tese drugs but they are also very fun to do

Pippie

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Déc 2005
Very interesting question, Mendel. It made me wonder about my own motives. I think I initially started using psychedelics out if pure curiousity. At that time, I longed for "time off from my life", I seeked to be in a different reality. During several trips I realized there was something far better and more profound to learn through the use of psychedelics, than just escapism. I was more in tune with the reality of my life, my choices, my state of mind than I have been in a long time. It am trying to incorporate these insights, for instance taking more time to ponder decisions, in my everyday life. Psychedelics, and I know this sounds contradictory, ground me.

GerbyQ

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Août 2005
Why not?
(Dr. Timothy Francis Leary last words before his death)

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Psychedelics, and I know this sounds contradictory, ground me.

It's not contradictory at all! I know a lot of "normal" people who are so psycho in their own kind of way that I often think I am the only grounded person around. My last extremely heavy trip (I wouldn't call it "bad" because I really asked for it - my question for the trip was "show me what the f*** is wrong with me and my life - and it did show me, without mercy!) grounded me so much that I hardly drink alcohol anymore and I think a lot more about things before doing them (things that make me have an unconscious bad feeling - something like "karma")

MuschBusch

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
GerbyQ a dit:
Why not?
(Dr. Timothy Francis Leary last words before his death)

Drugs are bad, m'kay?
(Mr. Mackey)

plantguardian

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Déc 2005
Originally, I was simply curious... :lol: then, when I didn't die or meet God, I figured I'd better trip some more to find out what it's all about...
now-a-days when I trip I'm looking for insights and enlightenment but I still enojoy the trails and melting objects and so on and so forth. :D

Nico

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Déc 2005
The reason i trip is to gain more knowledge,wisdom and insight about everything. and of cousre learn more about myself. the trip that i think have thought been the most insightful is the one on ayahuasca, it was so scary,terrifying,wonderful,powerful did i say scary ;) it gave me a little peek of what its all about and thats what i am seraching forthe answer to the mystery-question that is life.

vilo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2005
I use psychedelics to have a good time and to feel closer to the persons i love...
I'm also lookin for different points of view on lots of things...I want to open my mind to different way of thinking...
The thing i prefer when i trip, is that impression i have to be 7years old, to [-re]discover everything...
:wink:

Murphy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Fev 2006
Errr, when I use psychedelics it's to keep my eyes somewhat open and to drain my bad energy and subconscious issues. Not that it never went wrong :)
Best teachers I ever had, and it's also a shitload of fun :wink:

x

Murphy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Fev 2006
Errr, when I use psychedelics it's to keep my eyes somewhat open and to drain my bad energy and subconscious issues. Not that it never went wrong :)
Best teachers I ever had, and it's also a shitload of fun :wink:

x

Murphy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Fev 2006
hehehe and for real i use them because you look cool and i want to be just like you man, you rock my world :shock:
lol

patilan420

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
I use entheogens, because they EXIST, and because they reveal some sides of my own existence.

I belive that the plants and the mushrooms are the way for the Biosphere to comunicate with us.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I started out of curiosity about 16 years ago. First lsd trip was a rollercoasterride, first psilocybin ride was a profound transforming, spiritual experiance. Since then, its part curiosity, that world you enter on a heroic dose of mushrooms (I never take recreational dosis anymore) is so peculiar, beautiful, entertaining and enlightening to me, that my mushroom use has evolved to a monthly, sometimes bi-weekly, mental vacation, cleaning up the connection. What I mainly get out of it is reconfirmation of the illusory properties of reality, the certainty that dead is not the end and a good, happy feeling for days after.

Last saturday I tripped for the first time in 1.5 years together with my girlfriend. It was her first psychedelic experience. She loved it, we had a very good and deep night where we came closer to eachother than before. Something we will definitelay repeat soon :)

HC

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
the first time I came across mushrooms
was when some friend of mine told me, hey man we bought some shrooms
wanna join us ??
and I was like sure, not having much of an idea what to expect
I heard some things about it but I could not imagine what I would see
I thought maybe smurfs or gnomes or fairies something like that
so the first time was pure for the fun
and also the second time was but then I started to learn things about myself and the world and that was the reason I continued doing it after those 2 times
and it really makes u appreciate life again for all the small things and the big things
and u get respect for plants , friend , stuff , envirement and so on
its beautifull

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
Yeah, in the beginning, when I was like 13/14, I wanted it for running away from things and having fun. only I didn't have the connections to get the stuff, but I wanted to do shrooms, coke, everything, but the main reason was that i was just depressed. i only smoked grass, it was stupid, but it helped me seeing the world more real, and less naif. it allso made me more down, because i did it for the wrong reason. but still i'm thankfull for that period in my life. i still learned a lot.

i started reading a lot about the stuff, and when i turned 15 i did shrooms. but living at home, and a lacking of connections made it all more like a dream, and it wasn't within reach yet.

half a year ago i changed a lot. i was back from half a year working in new zealand, where i worked in gardens and stuff. also at a commune, called GENTLE WORLD. www.gentleworld.org
they are geat people, really fantastic.

i became happy and had more motivation for living my life. also then when i smoked grass it was much nicer because i did it for the right reason. then the last half year i read almost every day about psychoactive stuff and other drugs. i started gettin more interested in the spiritual side of it. i was brought up with a religion from india and thus was always learned that you had to go your way yourself and that drugs only made you lose the path. but i read a lot and looked at possibilities.
so started with shrooms again, and then all the other stuff, and learned a lot. i now feel that i grow with every experience i go trough. i still believe that things you learn with drugs are very limited and that your own mind is mixed in it, and thus you can't totally trust it. but i truly believe that the source of all things is able of being seen, if you look closely, drugs can help, but they are not nessecary.

now I do it like for 50% for fun and curiosity, and 50% for gaining wisdom and seeing the source of all things, and understanding.
some drugs you do for fun, some for inner growing.

we are explorers, we search and find, and thus grow and gain inner strength, we confront the world and ourselves,

WE ARE PSYCHONAUTS

G

Invité
I've always known I was a psychonaut only I didn't know the term or concept.
At the age of 4 I had a concussion cause I fell off my bike in a tunnel near the GGD(healthservice) and I felt I had been in a weird place somewhere else in my head. Then I had my tonsels removed at 5 and I was sedated with gas, the smell was awfull but I loved it when the room started to spin.
3 months later I broke my elbow and they asked me if I wanted an injection or the gas, so ofcourse I wanted the gas, 'cause it made the room spin :D
And I loved dreaming, as a kid I had some lucid dreams and I could control where my dream went and I could control how everything looked and I remember always distorting reallity really similar to acid or shrooms.
Creating all kinds of different colors and things moved around, it was like magic.

But to the point, I've always been interested in the human mind, what it is capable of and that's one of the main reasons I use psychedelics, also seeking a more positive and peacefull state through the amazing things I experience.

HeartCore a dit:
What I mainly get out of it is reconfirmation of the illusory properties of reality, the certainty that dead is not the end and a good, happy feeling for days after.

Me too, it's the most beautifull thing. I've done acid twice now and I think it's really healthy for your mind. It's like exercising. To me it seems like my brains are running 4 times as fast. 1 weekend ago I was at a party and all the images came in so fast, but time stretched like 4 seconds. I met my bazooko circus that night (not in a bad way though :D)
I also had some really cool insights on mushrooms, but not always 'cause the people I usually was with were only in it for the fun and games. Luckely I now have very very close friends who I can further "develop" with.
But I'm wondering off.

The afterglow of acid is the nicest of all psychedelics, I don't feel bad or tired and see the world through whole new eyes. Like Vilo :D
Although I was also intensly happy after recieving a hug from Gaia on DMT :)
I even hugged my 3 trip buddies afterwards :D

vilo a dit:
The thing i prefer when i trip, is that impression i have to be 7years old, to [-re]discover everything... :wink:

Using psychedelics for me is having the time of my life with the addition of percieving knowledge and insight about life in general and my own life and the life of others. The trip ussually reflects my questions and feelings and I feel it makes me much more aware and complete.
I always end up better after a trip. The insight and awareness that I get out of it is very important to me, that's why I'm giving up on the mindnumbing drugs.

I'm not judging the people who are doing those drugs, but why numb your mind if you can sit at the table with god?