Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Why do people take destructive drugs?

Jaquelyn Carolyn

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
24 Juin 2014
In my opinion, people usually indulge in taking destructive drugs as their scape goat to their problems and depressions. I think, the best way to stay away from those kind of drugs is to keep oneself busy with other important activities that would benefit a person.

Nixo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Mar 2013
Can't cocaine/heroine/crack/etc users have as valuable reasons to take these drug than your own to take psychedelics ?
They are not necessarly freaks or sick, some of them just enjoy the effect, the pleasure without getting hooked (like probably some psychedelics users enjoy the effect without never understading the deepness of the stuff...).
Drug consumptiom et addiction problems are way more complexe than childhood issues and "scape goat their problems" explanations, wich short-ways to explain what we don't understand or approve
But, I can't only agree with the fact that these drugs are way more dangerous...

Nada noor

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Août 2014
I think because many people live in cramped apartments and because of over population there is no space to just run by the river or chill peacefully in the sun without some morons making a bunch of noises to get attention. So people do drugs to make their little spaces seem like bigger places and escape into an imaginary creative world.

Robina Hope

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
23 Déc 2014
Hi, this is a very interesting topic. In my own view, people do take destructive drugs because they have the difficulties to accept reality especially if they do have problems or simply they are not even aware of the bad effects of these drugs. I think, people like them needs constant communication and advice.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
schtroumpfette a dit:
... And why do people taking "enlightenment" drugs talk about "open-minded spirits" but think they know better than everyone else, especially other drug users, what's good or bad for them ... ?

Because some drugs are just bad for you (health)
We know sigarets kills. We know what alcohol does to the body. There is science behind it.

PeterPete

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Nov 2014
Too many reasons. It's reality.

OufMan

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
19 Sept 2014
I think it is really a matter of personality. Some people are more likely to be addicted to alcohol or stimulant ( you can read a little from each people you met) while the other will prefer psychedelics. I've noticed those behaviour through my close friends, who all have different "addiction" that i think are pretty much linked to their personality.

But for sure, drugs are a way to escape reality / discover other kind of reality.

Abej^a G.

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Fev 2013
OufMan a dit:
I think it is really a matter of personality.

personality, experiences, those around us ... (if I take an acid in company, and there isn't one that manages to have a good trip.... all of we, will hate acid)

PeterPete

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Nov 2014
Just to back up my comment last time. People use drugs for different purposes, it varies from person to person. They are some of those who use drugs for just pleasure, and most of users are taking drugs because they want to run from their problems. They think drugs is a solution, but they don't know the consequence of drug use is always worse than their problems. Some take drugs just to fit in, this is common from youth nowadays. Just to be belong to their peer group, kids are forcing themselves to take these drugs and in the run, they become attached to it, involving in an urge of continuing using it. I suddenly remember the blog I read a while ago, a discussion whether marijuana is addictive or not. Mind you that there are people think marijuana is a destructive drug and there are people too who think it's a medicine. But the only question is, if marijuana is addictive. For me, it's totally addictive. There is no reason why the internet has some vast-full amount of information about recovery from it such as this one Addiction Rehab Center Spokane WA, Which we're I got those information I used to comment in that blog. In fact, three out of ten marijuana user have a chance to become dependent on it. It is the commonly used drug among the youth. At least for my own point of view. Either way, people use drugs for many reasons, just like what I said before, but commonly, people use drugs because of the over confident feeling that they are having under the influence of it.

Mote7

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
24 Juin 2015
Because even if it is destructive, It can be a pleasurable and/or like anything can be psychologically addictive. Having a healthy life isn't the only way of living. In fact after some long reflexion, I have concluded that death isn't something bad and is part of life. Death is for me more exciting than scary, and I mean it. What is there awaiting to us after our death. Maybe nothing, maybe another life, the possibilities are infinite. ( Don't worry i'm not going to commit suicide, I'm willing to fully enjoy my life while I still can ). Death is unavoidable and we all can die anytime, and what is 10 years in opposite of an exciting life ? I do not take most of destructive drugs and if I do, i'll be sure to know what I am cosuming to know if it is worth it. But this is why I understand people who do it. It is a choice of lifestyle and is respectable as any other choice.

People needs to understands that there is 2 different types of addictions that are very distincts. The physical one that is linked to the product ( Weed for example isn't physically addictive ) and makes you need it because your body needs it. Psychological addiction works in fact really differently and can be linked to anything. It isn't due to the product the user consum but due to how the human brain works. In facts most physicological addiction are caused by a lack of social link of any sort ( it can differ between people ), the product or the hobby for example, will then be taken as a substitute to the social link that is missing. Humans need social links. Sorry for my bad english, but it isn't my mother tongue. For further explanation of what I explained, I propose to read " Chasing the scream " from Johann Hari or at least this article that sums up this books subect and discoveries with examples and sources such like scientific experiments and data from all around the world : The Likely Cause of Addiction Has Been Discovered, and It Is Not What You Think*|*Johann Hari ( There is for example stunning datas from Portugal where every drugs are decriminalised ).

I havn't presented myself yet. But I promise I'll do it as soon as possible. I need to go to sleep now. I have an exam tommorow.

VaporOnly

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
21 Fev 2015
as someone struggling with addiction, i started using because iwas a curious person. heroin was just awesome. ive always liked opiates...... im on methadone now and free from all other opiates for almost a year!

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
There are different reasons why people may become addicts. It is well known that (childhood) trauma is one reason.
People may taken drugs to self medicate or to numb the (physical psychological) pain.

Why do people have destructive behavior? I think that destruction is the easy way. It is more easy to destroy then to create.

Cosmic Vapor

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Juil 2015
I tried both cocaine and meth once, and realized that I'm a very very anti stimulant guy.
Meth is supposed to make people crave and addicted after single use.

It didn't gave me a buzz, it hardly made me high, and I even took a higher dose then normal. All it did was cause me to not being able to feel tired for days in a row, without anything positive to it.
I can't even imagine people get addicted to this stuff, my body doesn't accept it as a positive contribution, and I'm quite happy about it. The same accounts for cocaine, but atleast that did gave me a buzz.

Basically all non psychedelic drugs exempt neurotransmitters in the brain that are there naturally for a reason. Which is why the long term effects of drug abuse lead to aggressive mental behaviours. It are short term chemicals that allow one to feel good and escape all their personal challenges which in turn ruins their social and civil life.

Why do people do it, mind you that I am under the impression that I'm going to sound like a stereo typical pre judge.
But many of the "hard drug" users are not very smart,
They may have intellectual and spiritual potential, but the way society is setup, theres nobody that guides most of these people, and that reality is in fact sad to say the least.
If you are not social, intellectual or spiritually strong, in any of 3 areas or all 3, you have very little judgement and life to these people is regarded as a playground without rules, and without conscious about caring for themselves.

I hope that reality is going to be tweaked one day for the good, and when it does you'll see alot less coke and meth heads walking around, I guarantee you.

robbert

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Déc 2016
Here are some of the reasons young people have given for taking drugs:

• To fit in
  • To escape or relax
  • To relieve boredom
  • To seem grown up
  • To rebel
  • To experiment

robbert

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Déc 2016
2 Reason

1. For fun
2. No direction in life

If people got proper direction in life and focus to achieve, he or she will not do something stupid by taking destructive drugs

Final

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Fev 2017
Full disclosure, their dealers are assholes who wont give you the whole truth.

When i talked to people about ayahuasca, dispite HArmala being a RIMA, and tyramine controlled diet is really not a concern.

I personally and when i tell others will say there have been cases of people who got sick taking Harmala and eating hotdogs/ high tyramine and nitrite foods.

So Follow this diet MAOI Diet Facts

Check to see if your on any of these meds, but becoz i dont take pharmaceuticals atm, plz check google and places like web md etc. for complete list.

MAOI, drug interactions, MAOI interactions with other drugs, Depression, Alternative therapies, mind-body medicine, integrative therapies

Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs): Side Effects, Dosage - Page 2

you have an extremely strong Chance of DYING if you think the above is total hogwash.

also Seratonin syndrome is a concern plz check this out.
Symptoms and causes - Serotonin syndrome - Mayo Clinic

a good chunk of people ive mention this to, backed out becoz i mentioned you may die, but at same time these people were the kind who would pop E or Molly from Random Dealer saying its all good no worries, w/o telling them if you experience this after this time frame go to doctor etc.

Drugs are Drugs, on a bottle of aspirin it says things like if you exp this call doctor or go to hospital. to me its only common sense to apply that kind of warnings to drugs etc psyches etc.

someone once offered me crystal/meth/ice or w/e that F****** S*** is called, saying it wasn't addictive, makes you enhanced version, can be more productive.

which i knew at time was total BS, its addictive. Like all stimulants or possibly most of, chances are they do sometimes to ATP or Adenosine prollly like caffeine block it from binding to its receptor , which would normally tell the mind its time to recuperate.

harmonysmom

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2017
To mask particular emotions that they are going through. The abuse makes them feel good and forget about the problem at hand