Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Who wants to see less of me

Overall opinion of IJC

• Negative

Votes: 0 0,0%
  • Positive

Votes: 3 33,3%
  • Neutral

Votes: 6 66,7%

• Nombre total d'électeurs

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
"Get a room" was meant to be a friendly joke so no offense intended.

In my experience what one person experiences in a psychedelic episode can be completely different from what another experiences on exactly the same drug. So too do the psychonauts I know have different methods to deal with the less pleasant parts of some trips. Therefore I don't think there is an "absolute truth" (cf the ego death thread, "your ego death is not my ego death).

I think it can therefore be misleading to state some of these opinions as absolute truth.

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Why don't you ask the people who don't like your posts to ignore you and just forget about it?

I mean I don't care at all if you stay or if you go. I don't care if you go because I don't read your posts (in general). I don't care if you stay because I don't read your posts in general.

There are plenty of people reading and enjoying your posts so what's the problem?

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
who knows, mnemo might have hit on a little, but he had very personal and offensive arguements with you on a regular basis, so if he did, it got lost in the shuffle of him whining like a baby with you. i however don't share that view. as i said it's not something you do all the time, and even though i think this way, i still value your posts (ONCE AGAIN...)

ill try my best to keep any criticism or input on any ideas constructive. that's the best i can do. once again, your on a forum, expect opinions...

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
HeartCore a dit:
Why don't you ask the people who don't like your posts to ignore you and just forget about it?

I mean I don't care at all if you stay or if you go. I don't care if you go because I don't read your posts (in general). I don't care if you stay because I don't read your posts in general.

There are plenty of people reading and enjoying your posts so what's the problem?

Why not? Too american?

Thanks all

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
I loves ya :)

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
but all is not "one". "one" is still stuck in a language that only knows how to use dualities. one as opposed to many... even "non-dual" is opposed to "dual". none of these are accurate.

"the tao that can be known is not the eternal tao"

to express the idea that one is outside of duality, is ultimately impossible by speaking. one simply must just know. and even that is a fallacy, because it requires no conventional knowledge... and even that is not whole truth.

words do nothing in explaining the ultimate reality. that may be the closest that one can get to it, even though that is not entirely accurate as well...

:lol:

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
I lost track of which other thread this was in but we all seem to be floating across the same topics over and over across multiple threads interweaving them in strange combinations hehe.

I said in the other thread that yeah the Tao that is describable is not the true Tao and yes to even claim that you know the Tao is to fail at knowing the Tao but the solution to knowing the true Tao is simple:

"It is impossible to know the True Tao"

"God is a God of impossiblities"

"To know God is to gain the ability to know the True Tao"

It is still impossible to do it. WITHOUT GOD. But with God it is possible to know the True Tao, it is only that you can no better describe it to anyone in any language then you could before you know it through the mind of God.

The beauty of God is the fact that he makes the impossible possible while the impossible still remains in its original state.

Without God we cannot know the True Tao yet with him we can because it is not us that is doing the knowing it is him, we are simply along for the ride.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Allusion a dit:
to express the idea that one is outside of duality, is ultimately impossible by speaking. one simply must just know. and even that is a fallacy, because it requires no conventional knowledge... and even that is not whole truth.
I came across a nice word for that, "knowingness". I think it hits it quite well.

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
Schwanke668 a dit:
I lost track of which other thread this was in but we all seem to be floating across the same topics over and over across multiple threads interweaving them in strange combinations hehe.

I said in the other thread that yeah the Tao that is describable is not the true Tao and yes to even claim that you know the Tao is to fail at knowing the Tao but the solution to knowing the true Tao is simple:

"It is impossible to know the True Tao"

"God is a God of impossiblities"

"To know God is to gain the ability to know the True Tao"

It is still impossible to do it. WITHOUT GOD. But with God it is possible to know the True Tao, it is only that you can no better describe it to anyone in any language then you could before you know it through the mind of God.

The beauty of God is the fact that he makes the impossible possible while the impossible still remains in its original state.

Without God we cannot know the True Tao yet with him we can because it is not us that is doing the knowing it is him, we are simply along for the ride.

errrrr.....you've just named the Tao, 'God'....? explain yourself

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
zezt a dit:
errrrr.....you've just named the Tao, 'God'....? explain yourself

No that wasnt what I said at all. Read it more carefully. (please, not mad :)

I said to know God is to be able to know Tao. They are separate. Knowing God allows you to perceive Tao in a way that is imperceivable without.

Tao <> God

However

God > Tao

Tao is an awareness of an understanding of reality that allows you to coexist with reality both perfectly and peacefully. Thats a fairly decent approximation for something that is indescribable lol.

God however is outside of reality. While we are chained inside reality we cannot achieve a perfect perception of reality because as a zen master would say, "An eye cannot see itself except by looking in a mirror and then it is not the true eye, merely a reflection."

Where as by entering into an awareness of God and transcending into HIS plane and allowing him to take us outside of ourselves we can perceive ourselves from outside of ourselves, perceive reality from outside of reality, perceive both at the same time, find peace and unity in all created things and essentially for lack of a better term 'be Tao'.

These things are impossible for humans that are trapped inside reality attempting to perceive the Tao from within. We can never perceive the Tao from within because we are a part of the Tao and we can never truly perceive ourselves only a reflection of ourselves in the things around us.

Thats the best I can say. Its not perfect and it never will be. That is the nature of the Tao. :)

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
BananaPancake a dit:
different religions, same source

All religions are a failed state.

A basic definition of 'religion' is (hu)man's attempt to understand reality. Whether it includes the existence of a 'higher power' or even more then one and who or whatever they are is inconsequential. Even Atheism is a religion as it worships the One True Not-God. (I was die hard atheist once and I failed at it because I realized the only true way to reach pure Atheism is to totally eradicate the concept of God from all of your surroundings and as such is an impossibility. As soon as someone mentions 'god' to you you immediately form an opinion and have begun to develop a belief system based around some definition of 'god' and am hence no longer an atheist.)

Religions are often definitions of lists of rules and regulations that someone else has devised that tell you how to live and operate. Anything can be a religion if it A) comes from someone else or is based on someone else's list B) tells you the absolute way you must act in any particular situation.

Since it tends to get the biggest flack when I bring up the name "Jesus" I will use my own ex-religion as an example:

"Christianity" as a 'Religion" is about the rules and regulations of holiness. About what you can and cant do in what situations and why. Different "Christians" to greater or lesser degrees take these lists more and less literally dependent on personal choice and with more or less stringency also dependent on personal choice but all of them that take these lists and even remotely once say: "I cannot do this because "the bible" says so." is operating out of a religion and is failing in the very goal that the bible was designed to carry them to.

For example the bible has the scripture: "All things are permitted but not all things are good for you." yet 'Religious Christians" continuously make long lists in their mind of all the things that are not permitted. They violate one part of scripture by using another when the true purpose of scripture is to have it all be taken in simultaneously. As such if you see one place where the bible says "dont do this" and you see this "all things are permitted but not all things are good for you" then the REAL solution is to ask GOD whether or your "permitted" and whether or not its "good for you".

Lets take the usual hot case of homosexuality.

Debates about whether the bible actual does or doesnt say anything against homosexuality lets assume that most people who bitch about the bible think that it does say that and since there are so many people who are Christians who think it does we'll assume for the moment that it does.

There are only a couple of scenarios that involve homosexuality when it comes to a 'Christian walk'.

1) Your a homosexual and you get saved. Solution? Ask God "Is this permitted?" "Is this good for me?" Its between you and God and no one else what you do with those answers. Some may get an answer saying its time to change your direction. Others may not. God may not even answer them and they have to decide on their own what they are going to do about their situation.

2) Your friend is a homosexual and gets saved. Solution: Help them to figure out #1 but leave it in their hands finally and respect their final solution.

3) Your talking to complete and total strangers on the internet and have an overwhelming urge to beat them over the head with bible incorrectly quoting 20 or 30 different scriptures that 'clearly' show that homosexuality is a sin when in fact your just misinterpreting them. Solution? Beat yourself over the head with your own damn bible you twit. Your doing more harm then good.

I'm sure there are others but you get the idea.

Religion is a failed state and as such you are going to get an infinite number of interpretation and effectively an infinite number of religions. The only WIN state is a true relationship with "God" the actual PERSON and allowing him to control your life and direct your decisions and pray like mad you hear him correctly all the time.

I could go on for days and this will probably all end up in my book at some point but think thats enough for now. I'll piddle in public at a future date sometime. :)