Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What's your username mean?

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Like it says. Mine is in Nahuatl (language of the Aztecs and other tribes), a merge of the words "Nanacatl" (mushroom) and "Pilli" (child or prince).

What about you?

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
mine is not meant to be a reference to a cheesy song by Jack Johnson. it's a reference to the best tasting thing in the world, a way of life, a feeling! :lol:
just imagine, you take the dough for pancakes and put it with bananaslices in a pan and cook the stuff, then you melt honey, mix it with fresh pressed lemonjuice and pour it over the pancake. then you take a handful of grated coconut and put it onto your creation.

it happened that I was doing all this the day I decided to change my nick - after having had "misery" as a nick for a long time, I wanted something not as "serious".

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
trick was my first tag name :p

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I used this name as a joke on Newgrounds. I use it because it's memorable, and has connections with most people.

It never, ever meant anything to do with me thinking I'm jesus christ, or any metaphorical way of being jesus christ. It just stirs christians, which is funny.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Haha, those are some interesting reasons. You all explained already but yeah, I'd like to ask other replies the reason why they chose that name?

I picked mine because mushrooms are my favourite psychedelic :mrgreen:

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
lol!! amazing! :D i chose my nick, because of the metaphorical depth of the word and the wide range for interpretation, that it offers. for example it could describe zombies, who eat brains. or it could stand for the rather important connection of brains and eating. and then it may also mean BE, if you take the starting letters of both words. but maybe it also represents a species, that eats with their brains? hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
"The beginning is a very delicate time. Know then that it is the year 10191. The Known Universe is ruled by the Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV, my father. In this time, the most precious substance in the universe is the spice Melange. The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel. The Spacing Guild and its navigators, who the spice has mutated over 4,000 years, use the orange spice gas, which gives them the ability to fold space. That is, travel to any part of universe without moving.
Oh, yes. I forgot to tell you — the spice exists on only one planet in the entire universe. A desolate, dry planet with vast deserts. Hidden away within the rocks of these deserts are a people known as the Fremen, who have long held a prophecy that a man would come, a messiah who would lead them to true freedom. The planet is Arrakis, also known as Dune."

From 'Dune', by Frank Herbert

To me, 'spice' is a metaphor for magic, spirit, pioneering, and mind expansion....and can be used for whatever purpose....

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
A state of mind that i used to be in 24/7 due to my cannabis abuse, i'm not in that state anymore since i dropped my habbit, now that i'm only smoking in the weekends, (very little aswell), i feel much more clear-headed, the day after i do feel that i smoked cannabis the evening before, so that sure was the obvious reason for my clouded headspace, but i still like the nick though.

Cannabis is great, but really, most people are using it wrong, i did for 14 years, everyday, and as much as possible, but the right thing should be maybe once in a month, but OK, once a week is not that bad either i guess. :mrgreen:

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
spice a dit:
From 'Dune', by Frank Herbert

To me, 'spice' is a metaphor for magic, spirit, pioneering, and mind expansion....and can be used for whatever purpose....

I am with you on that. Read the Dune series twice before taking my first psychedelic (with the exception of Cannabis).

troutmask

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Juil 2010
A combination of the name Kilgore Trout, a character and science fiction in many of Kurt Vonnegut's novels and the album "Trout Mask Replica" by Captain Beefheart.

This may lead you to believe I am a fan of Kurt Vonnegut's and Captain Beefheart's work... you'd be right.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Kilgore Trout, that name brings back some very odd memories and head spaces.

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
Loved the dune saga. Too bad Frank Herbert died and didn't finish the series.

Probably only people reply here who have a special name. Pazusu is the demon from the Exorcist, a movie I like. Maybe I wanted to add a little develish flavour to my name, because I may be too friendly. Later I found out I misspelled Pazusu, it was "Pazuzu", but I didn't want to rename my account for that.

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
I was playing this game called "Empire Earth" And the last best age of technology is the 'nano age' And I know that salvia divinorum is a type of sage plant, so sage rhymes with age.. You get my point.. Lol I did try a different username before this one though, I forgot what it was...

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Mine is just a stupid mix-up of tryptamine and psychonaut :mrgreen:

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
not stupid at all! i think its quite creative!

better than myne lol.

i like this thread! ive always found everyone names interesting on here.

if only GOD was here lmao. ide like to hear thattt

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
well crimson is my favourite colour and zen is an idea i find an interest in
pretty simple :D

MindAsh

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Juil 2010
MindAsh, basicly this name was one i have used for years now that implies having ones mind so overworked traumatized, burnt out ect that the mind has become burnt to ash. also one could look at it similiarly to the allegory of the phoenix , the bird who symbolizes death and rebirth through incinerating itself to ash only to be reborn from the ashes. and i like to also use ASH in a related acronym to that allegory meaning AllShallHeal like phoenix rising reborn from its Ash :)

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
^^^^^ +6!

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
words only allude to what is real... a finger pointing at the moon. don't get stuck on the end of the fingernail.

(my posts are) alluding to a way of life.

"ALL"- ILLUSION. that which is form, is precisely void. and that which is void, is precisely, form.

it wasn't so premeditated though, just came to me one day. i think i prefer appearing as a character more than trying to be a "person" (in the strict sense) online. because nobody can really be a "person" online, merely an avatar, who acts more or less in certain ways. we are not how we behave online, in reality, because in reality, we are not online.