Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What would you tell your kids?

Black_Parasol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2009
Forkbender a dit:
It is on topic because you made it the topic.

Black_Parasol a dit:
If only regulating the tobacco industry wouldn't inevitably lead it to destruction...

I don't get what you say here.

I meant that if the tobacco industry was regulated, as in, many of the harmful chemicals removed, (which would have to include some of the high levels of nicotine), then I doubt that the tobacco industry could sustain itself - or at least not as well as it has been.

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
don't want to meddle a discussion, but I personally would stop taking any drugs while my children are growing.

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
That's okay man. If you'll feel better that way. I don't think there is any discussion needed about that.
I know a guy who has two children and once in a while when their children are at a baby-sitter or taken care of for some time they take a trip.
As long as they keep taking good care of their children - which they seem to do - I'm not complaining.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
restin a dit:
don't want to meddle a discussion, but I personally would stop taking any drugs while my children are growing.
That's what Alex and Allyson Grey did when Zena was still very small. Later on they arranged a babysitter whenever they wanted to have a psychedelic experience.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
restin a dit:

That would include what? Alcohol? Sugar? Tobacco? Coffee? Define drugs...

My wife and me haven't done anything together since the birth of our daughter. It just makes sense. But what does not make sense, to me, is to cut back on substances that in general, have a positive outcome on my life. So we just add our daughter in the equation now, when I feel I want to make a journey, we arrange either the possibility for me to find a working set outside of the house or my wife goes to family for the weekend.

Dugs is a word that should be used carefully by psychonauts, its a word like witchcraft, the devil etc,, used by proponents to invoke fear and to play general ignorance (just say no..).

I always used substances around my kids, but never in a way that would harming them or invite them to do unhealthy things. When I was still smoking tobacco, I would always go outside and whenever my kids commented on it, I would tell them what a bad habit it was and that actually I should quit it (which eventually I did). I never stopped smoking Cannabis when I got kids but I never smoked it around them. I always go outside or in my own room next to the window.

The joy of my first mushroom growing success was shared with my oldest (then five year old) daughter who watched them grow with me sharing my enthusiasm.

I feel its my obligation to share with my kids, what I know about these things. Something to do with enable them to make educated guesses along the way.

Just my two cents.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Yes, especially when you and your partner have a shared interest in psychedelics, it wouldn't be good to radically abandom them from your lives. One simply has to give up the hedonistic approach. For example: you can't really go to rave parties anymore. If however one approaches these substances for healing and sacred purposes, and they inspire one to be a more devoted parent and more dedicated partner, there's really no need to give them up. You simply have to make the proper arrangements.

It's much like sexual education. Once you have a baby you don't stop having sex ("making love"!): you simply make arrangements so the child doesn't have to witness it. And when the child becomes a little older you start telling them about the sexual organs, the reproductive system, romantic love and physical pleasure. By doing so you're not "encouraging them" to engage in premature sex. It may take years before they reach puberty and have their first sexual experiences. But because at an early age they learned about sperm cells, they won't knock their first girlfriend up, and because they learned a little bit about the clitoris, the G-spot and other aspects of the female body, their girlfriend's first experience will be memorable rather than painful. It's the same with drug education: once they reach puberty they will understand the qualities and risks of the different substances, and use them wisely.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Black_Parasol a dit:
I meant that if the tobacco industry was regulated, as in, many of the harmful chemicals removed, (which would have to include some of the high levels of nicotine), then I doubt that the tobacco industry could sustain itself - or at least not as well as it has been.

If they can settle lawsuits for millions of dollars, I don't think their business is in great trouble. At the same time I wouldn't mind because they are poisoning people. If there is a demand for tobacco, there will be people selling it & it is actually far cheaper to make tobacco without additives. It is just less appealing to the user because of the lack of flavourenhancers.

And then we don't even get into the environmental aspect of it all, as tobacco is one of the worst crops when it comes to destroying the earth because of all the spraying of insecticide and the demineralizing of the soil.

light-serpent

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Sept 2009
Same with anything I have come to learn, I would teach them all I know. But at the same time I would give the pos and the neg to doing so.
My teaching is ( I show them the roads to life ) Its there choice what to do and where to go. And what ever they pick I will love them all the same.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
That would include what? Alcohol? Sugar? Tobacco? Coffee? Define drugs...
Good question, I meant substances that would bring me into an altered state of mind. What I mean is that I wouldn't want to be seen high/tripping or drunk
I feel its my obligation to share with my kids, what I know about these things. Something to do with enable them to make educated guesses along the way.
Oh yes, definately. The whole problem I have is that I don't want to push the issue of drugs onto the children. If they are interested, I will tell them everything I know, if now, I will simply leave it. It is just that I would prefer a drug-neutral environment to a drug-friendly one. Not because I am with prejudice but rather because I see psychedelics as a method and not as a premise.
My wife and me haven't done anything together since the birth of our daughter. It just makes sense. But what does not make sense, to me, is to cut back on substances that in general, have a positive outcome on my life. So we just add our daughter in the equation now, when I feel I want to make a journey, we arrange either the possibility for me to find a working set outside of the house or my wife goes to family for the weekend.
that sounds quite good, I got nothing against that :wink:

light-serpent

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Sept 2009
I don't want to push the issue of drugs onto the children.

I could of said that better. I to think the same.
My daughter is 6 years old , she lives with her mum. I get her every second weekend. I have chosen to not do any drugs while she is with me. It is like I have 2 diffrent lifes. Not that I hit things hard. I wont tell my daughter until she askes and when so I will make sure she has all the info, and I wont lean to one side or another.

I think your a very smart person. Hope all goes well
peace