Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

what is art for you

G

Invité
i don't think i got it.
the only thing that comes to my mind is that the art of war is very similar to the art of love (TWO many). you cannot separate the two. there is love in war as there is war in love. perhaps is this what you meant ? if not, please, keep giving me clues :lol:

Dantediv86

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
Haha :lol: it is far less complicated ....i wrote many many....then specified that it was TWO many...too many...a really cheesy joke
however the art of love is far, far apart from that of war...a great deal of literature talks about war and how beautiful an heightening for the human spirit it is, and even Leonardo, though it sounds cruel, being an artist partecipated in this "art" for a short period of time (being this a very economically convenient art) to allow his workshops to keep running. even MARTIAL ARTS are considered art, the precision and beauty, balance, gracefullness in the movement and touch of death is an acievement the martial artist looks for his whole life. a real martial artist (not any dude with a gi who pretends to be doing judo or juji-tsu) knows of anatomy as well as a doctor or, even a painter when it comes to anatomy, recognises symptoms of imminent death and can find energy pathways within a body to take or preserve life, to move that body to his own will, or to make it suffer the pains of the nine hells.

the art of love is not so different as art is but a way of knowledge through which we communicate love and hate.

however doing art is so subjective that each one of us percieves it in a different way often due to habit.
for me a Monet is a piece of art, while a canned piece of shit is just that...a canned piece of shit to others might seem :"oh the rebel! the genius! he wanted to say how he disagrees with modern society by calling this "Merda d'autore" (or whatever he called it...if you're eager to see it is at the Centre Pompidou in Paris...look for Piero Manzoni)!" i repeat, is just shit in a can with no artistic value whatsoever
art is what people make of it
i find discouraging the fact that no one has commented on the Balinese post yet

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I like what JosVU said. That's the kind of reply I was hoping to get.

I was expecting something more like "Shut up jackass".

Well put sir.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
Brewmaster a dit:
I was expecting something more like "Shut up jackass".

oh well...if you insist...Shut up Jackass :p
you happy now? :lol:

G

Invité
i am sad to see at this forum we are putting art in front of people.
if art is so valuable, why do we sell it ?
what is art for ?
what does it do ?
why do we need it ?

then, if we are putting art in front of people, i must assume that we are consuming entheogens for the purpose of getting high. inspiration or something. that just have to mean that they don't teach anything besides putting dust in your eyes. is this so ? trading a life for a canned piece of shit is just the same as junkie asking for heroin. i am sorry, but i just have to conclude this.

imho, art is meaningless in the sense that we don't need it. but we can't live without it. we could live without art, because nothing in our body depends on it. but our minds would be less creative. we would live, and the society we would be without it can only be imagined. is art that important, that when i go to a shopping mall, when i go to the WC, i have music while i take a shit ? that i look at the nice toilet paper where i clean my ass ? "art" today is in everywhere, from the design of a table to the picture on a ceiling. is this important to a building ? could the inuits live without a frescoes in their tents ?
i think we need to check things with the reality and put them where they belong. art is important for us, but not essencial. if we NEED something more than the essencial, perhaps we are losing contact with out essence.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
You're sad to see discussions of art on this site because art is not essential?
Well, I could argue that all day long but let me ask:

Exactly how essential is that computer you're typing on?

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
nice one

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Art is more than essential to the human if not universal psyche. It is a manifestation of the creativity and imagination that, on an evolutionary scale, separate us from the less physically expressive life forms that co-exist along side humanity. Without art, we essentially cannot predict or record our history and culture, although culture itself is humanity's ultimate enemy; as our good friend Terrance proclaims.

How can we traverse the plains of understanding within the logos if we can’t as a race communicate ideas, emotions and tales through form, light, colour and sensation? Both the infinite experience that IS life and the metaphysical realms of thought which translate themselves into artistic form, are essentially the same thing yet are light-years apart in their implication of this knowledge. We need both the now and the when to exist within space and time in a balanced fashion, otherwise how can consciousness itself exist?

Experience
Duality
Foresight

This is what art is: A physical representation or manifestation of an idea, thought or emotion from one individual to the other.
Peace.