Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What do you use cannabis for?

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
This is really (not so) secretly an I heart cannabis thread. I've been using it on and off for 5 years.. As I sit here about to have a toke (and then do housework for the next few hours actually!) what do you use cannabis for, and what effects does it have for you?

I started taking it seriously just over 3 years ago one night when I took a high dose really quickly with someone and I had a crazy experience where I felt like I relived life from childhood, growing up again over the next 6-8 hours

I still find as long as I keep it down to every few days, and get in a good dose right off the bat in a short span, I still am having interesting experiences, in fact they're just getting better.. Many of my 'psychonauting' experiences and insights have come to me while on cannabis. I can read a book and get multiple perspectives on what I'm reading, see it from completely different angles. My imagination goes wild. I get CEV's, I hear music in my head. I get mild open eyed visuals.. Thoughts become visuals and geometry. Listening to music I can separate the parts so accurately, I use it to go over my own music with a fine-tooth comb and check for mistakes. I can have a puff and work for hours. Cannabis for me is like the complete exact opposite of the public stigma.

What it does for you and how you use it?. Medical, spiritual, relaxation, creativity? Has that changed over time, in one direction or another? Positive, negative?

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I have problems focussing for long periodes of time. This can be problematic because of my job (web developer). After lunch, I usually roll a thin one to enjoy during the afternoon. It helps me focus or, it makes me feel I focus better which is good enough for me.

I enjoy the taste and the feeling, one goal I set in life for the coming three years is to get a house with room for growing some at home :)

UniversalConsciousness

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Avr 2009
I use cannabis for so many different reasons really. Yeah I use it to relax, as many probably do. But I also use it for stimulation, especially mental stimulation. It is a good tool for philosophizing, thinking, non-thinking (in the case of too much thinking), and seeing things in a different light as to understanding reality more fully. I also use cannabis spiritually, in aiding meditation. It generally enhances the whole feeling of spirituality in general and increases the awe and revorical wonder of nature.

I also used to enhance the functions of life, making it more meaningful and worthwhile. It also makes things a whole lot fun or entertaining. Oh and of course creativity is taken to a whole new level, from the linear processes of normal consciousness to a more cyclical realm of creativity. And hey it makes sexual and erotic feelings all that more better ;).

Too bad the main downside is economical.....this is why you gotta learn how to conserve your weed. When weed goes for as much as $350 for an ounce these days, you really gotta try to make an eighth of that ounce last a week if you want to make good use of the supply. This of course is difficult and I would ideally prefer at least a quarter ounce a week......yeah I too hope to get a place one day where I can grow all that I'll ever need.

But be careful not to toke too much.....yeah it's not damaging physically or mentally but the intensity and meaning of each high can be reduced if over-used.

JamBar

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
25 Mar 2009
I use cannabis because it's a safe way to end a day. Depending on how tired I am when I get home, I either vaporize or I don't. It helps the transition from work mode to personal mode.

I vaporize every other day and go through about a gram a week. :D

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
magickmumu a dit:
I smoke it to get high.
lol like everyone else lol.

Well started just doin it for fun, and it was new and exciting....
But now, i use it to boost up my creativity.
I use it sometimes to get inspired for my music, and to draw stuff.
Otherwise, it calms me down...

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
To sleep. I've had sleep paralysis/sleep apnea since I was very young. Without Cannabis, I end up with only 2 hours of sleep at the most.

So-- to sleep and because it's fun.

Haha.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Hmmm it does keep me in someway awake. As soon as i am stoned i can't go to bed as long as i am stoned. Like now, so goodnight!

Greets,
Mystic 8)

Trustafari

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Nov 2008
I just smoked my 5 th fat ass joint for the day and i'll continue studying,Canna and hash helped me a lot in my studies especially with math statistics and microeconomics.Such studies need a lot of practice after u get the essential,i hate that and i find it difficult to concentrate for even an hour.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Haha well, I have had many motives. Since 2007 I hardly smoked, lost interest, but now digg cannabis much more in a brand new way. Let's say it used to be chill, extended thoughts/philosophy, but it's actually minor compared to what it can be...

Last weekend I smoked about 1 gram in a pipe purely in quite a rapid time. I had bad desorientation but wanted to try out McKenna's method (dark room, smoke too much that it pushes you over the line) so I kept going and going. Was sucking way too much and underestimated the strength, too.

I had to drink 1 liter to reverse the dry mouth and I felt 'sick' and dizzy that it almost made me puke. Nausea while I 'shaked' like I was freezing my ass off, when I put my hand on my body, I couldn't truly feel both my hand and body.

I only felt my heart banging like an operating machine. I went to lay down with a pillow under my head with the light off and all of a sudden there was this sexual state of clarity and lucidity with closed eyes. I had sex with this ideal girl desired by my consciousness, in the end I had an orgasm without even a movement, just simulated through a dream. I remember her feet, hands, face, body, our environment. Everything had it's normal forms and motion.

When I got up and put the light on, I was seeing everything around me pretty much normal, but I felt invincible like my physique was not really existing though I felt my heart beating and I'm moving perfectly through the room. But I was almost convinced my body was invisible.

It was a sort of magical power buzz. Not something I would have expected from a drug which is often classified as lighter than many others. When the effects decreased, I danced euphoric in my room with headphones on. Ecstastic!

I felt so peacefully with having my health, my knowledge, my long-term life choices, the ability to look to the stars on a crystal clear night, and the experience with entheogens in general. Property does nothing to me, it's totally a secondary. Only a snug and sheltered place for safety is what I need.

The weed was called 'snow white' by the way, bought at Rasta Baby, Amsterdam. I digg it doing it this way.

Basho

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Mar 2009
"I also used to enhance the functions of life, making it more meaningful and worthwhile. It also makes things a whole lot fun or entertaining."

+1

Cannabis holds a magical sway over me that cannot be matched by any other drug, with the possible exception of shrooms. "Chain thinking" is a common phenomena in my head. Jumping from one thought to the next until you stop to analyze your thoughts and think "how in the hell did that thought enter my brain?" Cannabis quiets the chatter and allows the world to take on a beautiful hue.

Getafix

Banni
Inscrit
18 Avr 2009
Brugmansia a dit:
Last weekend I smoked about 1 gram in a pipe purely in quite a rapid time. I had bad desorientation but wanted to try out McKenna's method (dark room, smoke too much that it pushes you over the line) so I kept going and going.
That's not really McKenna's method actually. It was something he mentioned as an 'ideal approach' in his lectures, but admitted that he himself did not use cannabis that way. Rather he smoked it every day, from morning till evening.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Getafix a dit:
Brugmansia a dit:
Last weekend I smoked about 1 gram in a pipe purely in quite a rapid time. I had bad desorientation but wanted to try out McKenna's method (dark room, smoke too much that it pushes you over the line) so I kept going and going.
That's not really McKenna's method actually. It was something he mentioned as an 'ideal approach' in his lectures, but admitted that he himself did not use cannabis that way. Rather he smoked it every day, from morning till evening.

Right, he also commented sometimes about the hash eaters, western writers who would eat grams of hashies and write about the experiences which according to him, sound much like full blown psychedelic experiences. Btw Terence smoked often in pauses during his lectures which makes you wonder about the whole supposedly negative impact cannabis has on memory (I tend to disagree, yes I forget stuff while stoned but it's usually stuff I didn't care much about anyway ;))

When weed goes for as much as $350 for an ounce these days, you really gotta try to make an eighth of that ounce last a week if you want to make good use of the supply.

Or just grow your own ;)

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
western writers who would eat grams of hashies and write about the experiences which according to him, sound much like full blown psychedelic experiences

Having read a fair amount of those 19th century writings (and having eaten hash) I agree with him. A lot of those reports read like someone who ate a bag of mushrooms or took 300 mics of acid or something.. High doses of THC really have a character all their own, different and not as slam bam visual as tryptamines, but certainly extremely powerful and not to be underestimated.. IMO that's why even some long term very experienced users get weed paranoia, for whatever reason they have become more susceptible to its psychedelic effects and don't realize it

Weed and memory, always interesting for me.. It can help me remember subtle details, eg I can be high and hear a song once in the background at a coffee shop and forget about it, then a day later remember it in complete detail... It seems to focus my mind and simultaneously make me more absent minded at the same time. I can be very productive at a single task and work for hours, but at the same time if I took a walk to the kitchen to grab a snack I might get distracted by something else halfway there.

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
i use cannabis about 4-6 times daily (if i can)
it feels as if it takes about 2-3 days of not smoking before the symptoms of anxiety and depression return which is no biggie. it just can get dangerous over extended periods of time. im a zen master though ;). i was on antidepressants and clonazepams for at least a year and a half before i discovered a better medecine that was just under my nose(my parents and all their friends were heavy cannabis users)

part of me thinks that i was made to use it since ive been exposed to it even before my life started( my mother smoked while pregnant).and maybe my body adapted itself to live with it. that would explain my chemical imbalance because it evens me out perfectly.

regardless of that, ive experienced more wonderful ideas, epiphanies, memories, progress, and just simply beautiful moments in the few years ive been using it than in the rest of my life

i feel that it keeps us in touch with ourselves and eachother
(and maybe even other energies) in this world

it can grow everywhere

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
st.bot.32 a dit:
Having read a fair amount of those 19th century writings (and having eaten hash) I agree with him. A lot of those reports read like someone who ate a bag of mushrooms or took 300 mics of acid or something.. High doses of THC really have a character all their own, different and not as slam bam visual as tryptamines, but certainly extremely powerful and not to be underestimated.. .

Agreed. Mentally, THC typically allows one to process the information immediately after the moment of an experienced sense/phase. As the effects of tryptamines leave little to no space left for proper thought construction (depending on dose), one needs to undergo all the hours first before a full-fledged evaluation can be done. This is why memory is essential to take the best out of the entheogenic world.

It is no wonder that Terence smoked THC for his lectures as mentioned in this thread, with slight open doors it allows one to reflect back more vivid into his past experiences. Being in able to formulate more accurately by being more directly in touch with past senses.