Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What do you do for a living?

Psychoid

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
JimmyJohn a dit:
I dont know what you are studying, but who knows, i may in the future be glad to get help from you.

At the moment I won't do anything, I need all my time for myself. But in 2-3 years I'll be willing to give some time and effort to help :)

LsDxMdma

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Nov 2007
i work in a steel fabrication shop. Hard, dirty, and tiring. GOOD pay though :)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
...student if ididnt alrdy say.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I sacrificed my whole life for you . I understand how bad you all feel when you have no money , no job and no home so i took it on me . I decided that if you want to work then you can have my job and that i`d take your place in the downwards poverty spiral . So i watched TV for 36 years instead . = Everything you have you have because of me . = YOU OWE ME EVERYTHING

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
GOD a dit:
I sacrificed my whole life for you . I understand how bad you all feel when you have no money , no job and no home so i took it on me .

Thanks man, i am glad to hear that there is at least someone who understands me ;)

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
phys. labor, and DJing small parties

:) its pretty decent for 16 years old... right?

paint

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2008
I am a painting student, so I draw people like magickpencil!

figure modeling is the best job i've ever had and am likely to ever have

its like zen meditation or something...

im basically living off of a scholarship, grants, and a little from my parents. I also show paintings and sell a few. it has been mentioned art degrees are pretty worthless, but the experience is good, and i feel like im learning many things.

painting, when done right, is a combination of parts of philosophy, history, physical science, psychology, chemistry, and small amounts of carpentry. not to mention communication, and a way to internalize the world. when done badly, its either like personal journal entries that are thrust at the viewer in vanity, or just something for rich people to hang on their walls. in my opinion the sell outs are worse. but maybe im biased

so hopefully im doing it right :)

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The church / big money / atheists / hippys / wierdo web sites . This is all starting to sound strange to me , like conspiracys....... I think we will have to call the Inquisitor Grand Master zest to explain to us and save the universe to death..........

matt86es

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Fev 2007
Currently I'm working as a Microbiology Analyst at an environmental testing company. I've been there almost 2 years. I'm starting Public Health School(MPH) in January.

I was a marine biologist of sorts for 4 months in Alaska when I worked on commercial fishing boats collecting data for NMFS and NOAA.

I also love to dive and wanted to become a Marine Biologist when I was very young.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i was working as a photo assistant at a firm called Quadras Inc.,(good $) but i was arrested three times within one month, not long after i turned 18, so i now work as a coffee barista (locally, as i have no car at the moment) to pay off my debts (about 15 grand) so i can save up to move out and go to school.

so far im planning on studying sculpture(glass blowing specifically), and i want to minor in web design, set up my own website and create them for others at freelance pay. i also dabble with art, putting designs on skateboards that i sell at my local skateshop. its nice because im friends with the people up there and the dont take any of the profits i make from the boards :D

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
matt86es:

I'm revising for an exam I'm doing tomorrow in fisheries sciences, most of the exam involves stuff about the NMFS and NOAA!

Does that mean your job was checking they do everything by the book? Or was it more to do with just getting catch data for models etc.?

I've also done abit of Microbiology (albeit disease diagnosis).

matt86es

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Fev 2007
Pariah a dit:
matt86es:

I'm revising for an exam I'm doing tomorrow in fisheries sciences, most of the exam involves stuff about the NMFS and NOAA!

Does that mean your job was checking they do everything by the book? Or was it more to do with just getting catch data for models etc.?

I've also done abit of Microbiology (albeit disease diagnosis).

I was a Biological Observer on the commercial fishing boats. I did data collection for NMFS such as species composition, and estimates of overall volume of the catch. They used this data to actively regulate the fishing season as well as gauge the overall health of the target species population. I also was there to enforce rules such as catching prohibited species and dispensing waste into the ocean.

It was a cool job and an awesome experience that I would have continued longer but I had a serious relationship back home and she didn't like me being gone for months at a time. I'm glad I did it, though.

Here's a link to the company I worked for.
http://www.saltwaterinc.com/

pax

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Sept 2008
Chemical Engineer :wink:

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
pax a dit:
Chemical Engineer :wink:
How is that man, thats my third choice for major... Good money? Like it? Lots of math? What do you do?!

It'd be great to hear from ya