Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

We are unknowingly experiencing alien influences. yes or no?

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
Haha, I am not negative, nor scared of death.. More anxious. I mean there is alot of people who claim that they are anxious for death.. But if they ever got hit with a moment kinda like on saw or something, they still would do anything to live.. Me however, I would probably do the same thing out of instinct, well I guess other people would also.. But anyways, if I suddenly found out I had cancer or something.. I would just go out and experience everything that I could that I wanted to experience before I died, and then kill myself, to take the less painful route.. Well I mean I would overdose to kill myself.. Haha But yes I don't DREAD death. .And that whole statement was kinda beside the point sorry.. Haha, but yea don't worry, I live as happy as I can, and I try to make other people happy.. But I kinda suck at it.. Not gonna lie.. But its alright, its the thought that counts.. :finga:

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
"It almost comes down to, if you have the self confidence of a solipsist, that is the only way you will be happy..."

what of the buddhist who tries to help his fellow man to overcome suffering? can he not relish in his way of helping others?

of course its the thought that counts :D

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
Who are you to say that Buddhists are always happy, despite their selfless attitudes? However, I get what your saying, but still. If you were truley happy by helping others, like a Buddhist, then what if you failed? Solipsists never fail, and are entertained if they fail, which failure to them is but a mirage..

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
buddhists, are if so, always happy, BECAUSE of their selfless attitudes. they don't attach to their desire of being selfless, also, if they are wise. are in your view, buddhists just solipsists?? i think they're more than that...

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
No no no that isn't what I'm sayin man... Solipsists are the definition of selfish.. Buddhists are not.. But I guesss if you can be happy being completely selfish.. Why not selfless.. I guess you could still be dissapointed.. But I see what your saying..

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
Nanosage a dit:
Who are you to say that Buddhists are always happy, despite their selfless attitudes? However, I get what your saying, but still. If you were truley happy by helping others, like a Buddhist, then what if you failed? Solipsists never fail, and are entertained if they fail, which failure to them is but a mirage..

if one is a buddhist, by definition, then one would understand why they should be selfless, which is to promote happiness as well as take you mind off of being egocentric if only but for a while. this in turn, when reflecting back on the day and how many people you've made happy, would give one a good feeling, a sense of accomplishment, even if it's on a small scale.

"If you were truley happy by helping others, like a Buddhist, then what if you failed?"

this sentence(and the rest of your post) makes no sense to me, would you mind explaining it?

i dont believe that a soplipsist has much self confidence, or else they wouldn't hold such a limited view of the world.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
im not saying that buddhists are always happy either though, i was making a reference to a particular buddhist who is. but if one were to call themselves a buddhist, i would probably assume that they are more happy than not