Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

US Changing Drug Policy in Afghanistan

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
Looks like the US might finally be catching on.
Source: NY Times

ROME — The Obama administration’s special envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan told allies on Saturday that the United States was shifting its drug policy in Afghanistan away from eradicating opium poppy fields and toward interdicting drug supplies and cultivating alternative crops.

“The Western policies against the opium crop, the poppy crop, have been a failure,

Sticki

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Another natural resource to rape from a troubled land...

I hope the Afghan people and nation see the procedes of thier poppy's.

Dantediv86

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
why does it sound so much like a farce?
eradication done USA style has always been to bring the few out of business...see south america and cannabis eradication campaigns: always left the biggest crops (owned by drug lords with CIA "friends") untouched.
most (if not all) the opium WE need in the pharmaceutical industries is Afghani in origin (it was all over the news in 2001 soon after the attack to the twin towers).
plus it says in the document only 3% of the total volume has been eradicated.......
plus, considering the shabbiness of the Talebans, how can they possibly own or get their hands on enough poppies to trade...it sounds more likely that they will use th poppies to relieve the pain (physical or not) of the war. if that wasn't the case, still they would have a hard time with the little amount of drug they could produce. their income is more consistent with the donations they receive from groups around the world (i saw them in indonesia) that support them.

moguai

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
7 Août 2009
of course we need poppy for médical use ; and his éradicatio is chimeric ;force never give good things ; for helping dépendant people : the war ? just achieve me ! i think it's just a little manifestation of the toxic psychological war that we live day after day , by accepting violence , force , and suprematie of few people on the humanity.....sorry , i prefer stop here , i'm really sick...