Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Two distinct, simultaneous streams of thought on Salvia?

Cortexelus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juin 2009
Sometimes when smoking Salvia, I experience two distinct streams of thought. The dose has to be low enough to maintain a link with the world without launching me completely into hyperspace.

It's like there's a new abstracted train of thought (SC/"salvia consciousness") simultaneously layered ontop of the usual train of thought (WC/"waking consciousness").

Interestingly, it forms this hierarchy. Just as WC can ponder and decide to perform an bodily action, the SC decides what the WC will think about. They feel like separate identities.

The SC's train of thought is spoken aloud for the inhabitants of the Salvia dimension to hear. In a neatly metaphorical sense, thought becomes action and action becomes thought.

Has anyone experience something like this? Is this what dissociatives do?

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Cortexelus a dit:
Sometimes when smoking Salvia, I experience two distinct streams of thought. The dose has to be low enough to maintain a link with the world without launching me completely into hyperspace.

It's like there's a new abstracted train of thought (SC/"salvia consciousness") simultaneously layered ontop of the usual train of thought (WC/"waking consciousness").

Interestingly, it forms this hierarchy. Just as WC can ponder and decide to perform an bodily action, the SC decides what the WC will think about. They feel like separate identities.

The SC's train of thought is spoken aloud for the inhabitants of the Salvia dimension to hear. In a neatly metaphorical sense, thought becomes action and action becomes thought.

Has anyone experience something like this? Is this what dissociatives do?

Low doeses are interesting. You get to feel more of the body effects than the trip. In mine, I feel as though everything is spinning to the right. If I were to stand up, my body would involuntary start spinning-- that's what It feels like. If you lay down and shut your eyes, even with the very light closed-eye visuals, you can feel the activity in your brain. For me, now I'm not sure if this is everyone, I feel a tremendous 'tingling' sensation in my head. It pulses a bit, then stops for a moment, then starts up again. It does this for about 4 mins, is my guess. (smoked extract)

I've had much of a creative stream of thought while I'm on low doses. I write poetry to begin with, but with Salvia I don't think about what I write. I write about what I think. Whatever Salvia tells me to write, or perhaps it's my brain telling me what it truly wants to write, or get out. It's quite different than writing a poem while you're not under any drug.

As for the two streams of thought. I've had something similar with extracts around 30 or so. It takes about 60x or more for me to get good visuals. At about 30x, I sometimes feel as though my mind has been split in two. In a way, it's like having my memory stripped from my ego, or there's it feels like the 'inner' me becomes more alive, hence why I feel like there's two of me. This same thing happened the first time I tried Salvia. I was going 'What the fuck, this is a completely different feeling than Acid, or Shrooms.' At the time I didn't realize how unique this drug was. I do now.
I hope my 'two of me' ramble made sense, hah.

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
To add, I love the realization of small ironies while on Salvia. For instance, one evening I had my lighter placed beside me, and I was thinking to myself 'You know, I'm gonna be pissed if I can't find this.' So I blew out the hit. Loaded a new bowl, grabbed the lighter and It would not light.
I thought it was funny as hell. Looking back at it now, It really wasn't knee-slapping funny, but under Salvia it was.

Or the joy you feel when you re-live your childhood. To be able to smile like that, is so much different than how you smile as an adult. Or how you laugh. It's more, so very much more-- Pure, you know. It's a different type of happiness. I love that feeling.

TheBarn

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Juil 2009
I definatly have that spinning thing, feels like I'm being pulled up from my left side up and over to the right in a circular motion, the thoughts I have as well, describing to myself how I am feeling then saying in my mind thats quite funny, then laughing and agreeing with myself that it is funny.

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I like low doses of salvia. I found that once I got used to it I could dose, then choose to step into the world of salvia for a few minutes without being forced in

TheBarn

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Juil 2009
just has a very small hit of x20 and instantly I remembered the other trips I have had, something I've been trying to describe for ages so gotta be quick

The realtiy is being ripped away like a wave heading towards a beech, like a wave a surfer would be on, thats the way reality rips away, from right to left, Like a wave you see in Hawaii, I've had the experiance twice and its like you know whats happening but you have to wait for this wave to hit you and you can see it coming from the left and then when it does hit you it takes you and your body along the edge of the wave, like a CAT scan it gores through your body and just takes it up and over and your gone, on the edge of this wave...I know theres more but the thought is going, no its gone...

small doses can be fun, it kinda reminds me of salvia, of what it can do :)

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I get these double streams sometimes when very tired. I believe it to be when I have alot of the "sleep" neuro-communicator, as well as serotonin.

Both are trying to have their way, possibly even in different areas of the brain, yet they can't possibly come to the same outcome, so one eventually wins out.

Its a very interesting feeling when one does take hierarchy though, its almost as if something outside is telling you inside. I believe schizophrenia is a very complex form of this, multiple communicators in possibly different parts of the mind.

Experiment more, if you're confident - see what conclusions you can come to, see if you can single out one communicator over the other, etc.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
St.Bot. - Totally agree, since if you can master not pushing Salvia past the "control" point, it's actually pretty decent, and I always have an afterglow for a while afterwards. Kind of a weird anti-depressant if you are having a crappy day.

Cortexelus - It's funny you should say that. I remember some of my break through the roof trips on 40x were like that. I literally was shattered into two people, which felt crazy because I know it happened, I just can't comprehend how that worked. I like the SC vs. WC argument, it seems like a good fit. I gotta ask though, since the trip seems similar, did you get any sound distortion during?

Cortexelus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juin 2009
Experiment more, if you're confident - see what conclusions you can come to, see if you can single out one communicator over the other, etc.
Good thinking, I'll have to try next time

I literally was shattered into two people, which felt crazy because I know it happened, I just can't comprehend how that worked.
I wonder if it has something to do with brain hemispheres?

I like the SC vs. WC argument, it seems like a good fit. I gotta ask though, since the trip seems similar, did you get any sound distortion during?
Hmm, I was throat singing throughout the trip. It became a kind of glossolalia, which translated to SC thoughts, which sounded like they were being shout into an endless chasm behind my subjectiveness.

After I stopped singing I noticed I could think and talk out loud in a train of thought parallel to the SC thoughts being shout into the chasm.

But other than the reverbed chasm effect of my thoughts, no particular sound distortions. I also looked at myself in the mirror when I opened my eyes and vaguely resembled the hindu diety Ganesha, three-eyed, jewled, and elephant-headed