Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Troy Davis about to make his final journey

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Too Much Doubt

Troy Davis was convicted of murdering a Georgia police officer in 1991. Nearly two decades later, Davis remains on death row — even though the case against him has fallen apart.

Apologies for now posting non psychedelic new on this page myself but this is a case of life and dead that has been with me for some time now.

Four years ago my good friend Entheobhakta told me about Troy and made me aware of a campaign by Amnesty to save his life. If I remember correctly, the execution back then was stopped in the last few hours. And here we are once more few hours from his execution. I won't go over the details of the story, it's best that if you want to know more you read the whole story here:

http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/cases/usa-troy-davis

And please sign the petition, history shows that these petitions help.

5tr4t0

Inscrit
18 Août 2009
What a shame ! Can we still say there's a Justice in America ? There is no doubt for me.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Aemilius a dit:
Yes, the story of the legal execution of Troy Anthony Davis is indeed a sad chapter in the history of American jurisprudence, and thankfully the Great American Mainstream Media was there to make sure that we were aware of every suspenseful moment as the clock ticked down leading up to its being carried out (while they cashed in selling air time to car manufacturers).

By the way, now that this national tragedy is over and Mr. Davis is on his way to Heaven to sit on the right hand of God (not literally I hope), and while we’re still on the subject of the slaughter of innocents, perhaps we might at least have a moment of silence for the over thirty million children legally executed in the womb this year alone with no charges, no right to an attorney, no trial, no appeal, no chance of a stay of execution being granted, no petition circulated or media attention.... I guess it's just not sensational enough, vacuuming a human being from the abdomen of a woman....

Sorry if off topic, but it would seem the Troy Davis thread has been "ended".

The way you just hijacked this thread with your backwards, extremist view, makes me wonder what the fuck you are doing here anyway.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
for the death penalty but anti abortion?

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
since the thread has long since been hijacked..

i dont quite understand your logic, but maybe im biased
can you at least briefly tell me why you favour the death penalty and then why you're against abortion??

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
On the abortion issue;

It is a little bit like murder indeed, but there is a little chance the fetus even knows it exists and from what I understand is that if it reaches a age abortion is illegal because from there on it really is alive. But also think of the consequences of having an unwanted baby, the lives of the parents will also change forever and, because they are thinking of abortion it is clear that they don't have the right attitude yet to be a parent. This means the child could get a crappy childhood with it's own problems. Although I do think that most people are glad that they are living in the end, even if there was some or a lot of shit in their lives. I still think it should be possible to do an abortion because I believe it should be a choice to want to raise a child and not an obligation.

Furthermore, there are already a lot of people on earth and it seems to grow even faster nowadays. I really think this is gonna be a problem in a couple of years (or decades) and I think there's not enough done to make people aware of it. So in this light I think abortion isn't that bad either.

And last, we also kill millions of animals, and destroy acres of forest every day (can you talk about killing a plant?) so to be consequent I think that if abortion must be banned these things must be banned as well.

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
I don't think I can delete my posts, don't see the button to do that. So I'll leave it up to the administrators to do what they want with my post.

-edit: I see that I can delete this one, but the X isn't on my other post. I think it has to do with this being the last post and deleting a previous post from a topic can make it unreadable.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
I rarely weigh into issues like these because people are usually set in their ways, but I will say this. I don't know if he's innocent, I don't know if he deserves to die. I know that it's expensive to house and care for somebody who committed a heinous crime (last I heard $75K/year), while innocent homeless people exist. Yet I will say, that with the amount of effort that went into keeping him alive, maybe it was worth taking another look.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
it was well worth looking into it again... killing people because it's expensive to have them locked up is the most awful reason I've heard so far. if that was a problem they would stop locking up so-called drug-offenders. they wouldn't allow themselves to have private prisons, for that matter.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Aemilius a dit:
It’s not about drug offenders or the expense of locking people up who have committed minor offenses. That's a justifiable expenditure of tax dollars

how's locking up drug offenders - which are mostly stoners - justifiable?