Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

trolls?

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
...well, not little green ones. The ones I'm talking about usually pop up on forums from time to time and start arguments and all that crap.

I don't know if it's the forum or the work of the mods above, but I haven't seen a troll around here in a long time.

I think SteelyNutz was the last one...???

Hmm, not sure.

In any case, I wanna thank everyone for their work in keeping the forum clean, and most of all productive.

Mr.Smith

Banni
Inscrit
28 Jan 2009
want to buy some monoatomic gold? buy now pay nothing 'till December 2012!

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I dont agree on SteelyNutz .

I have never seen what i call a real troll here = someone whos only purpous is to cause trouble........... but we have had / have several ...... uuuuum STRANGE people here . And several anoying dickheads who seem to have fun being anoying dickheads but usualy they get deaslt with sooner or later . Maybe my definition of troll is a bit harder than most other peoples though .

I shall eat my mono atomic musli and think about 2012 esoteric machine elves and then report back to the lemurian / atlantian mothership from B-Sirius . They will probably give me the facts on the DNA hyperspace fractals that arent realy provable facts because nothing is real and facts and proof dont exist . If they dont know i`m sure the reptilians from gaia do ??????

phatass

Inscrit
15 Août 2007
on the French side, JCV is dffinatelly a reijj???

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
phatass a dit:
on the French side, JCV is dffinatelly a reijj???
Hi phatass! :D What's a reijj?

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
tell me about it mysticwarrior...i spent the last 2 hours trying to sensibly debate with one of these creatures.

I was on another forum much like this one and some new guy just started talking trash and spewing tons of propaganda about MDMA and chemistry in general. The trolls are always the ones who just sign up. It's never a guy who is a good fellow one day and the next day goes through troll metamorphosis.

Well, I politely called him out on his crap because I'm not one to start fights and immediately he gets offended and every single thread I started he had to purposely comment on saying I was incorrect, hijacking/trolling it...when i'd point out my references he'd literally say:

"I have that book on my shelf and it's not in there."

...which sort of pissed me off because I was looking right at the text.

...and it wasn't that, no...not at all.

He purposely targeted me. Much like SteelyNutz had a thing for Spice. Note #2: I think trolls target people.

I also think they have a thing for moderators. I'm sort of a higher up at that forum and it was very late. Just the two of us online really.

The big thing was he was debating me over nomenclature issues and just CLOGGING up the thread.

I kid you not it was something like this:

"It's not water it's dihydrogen monoxide! Wrong."

...except we were talking about alkali metals and whatnot for amide hydrolyses. I hope that bastard gets banned. Seriously.

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
Well you can add me to the annoying dickhead section.
I havent seen a troll here either, thats actually like some sort of an internet miracle.
The only thing that concerns me is that, I think cops are crawling up this forums ass time to time.
And those creatures are very real, and such fascist creature shouldnt be allowed in here at all.
Rather trolls than dea!

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
The troll is a member with many many posts on his name.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Your the troll in this thread . When are you going to post a sensible , honest and or helpfull post on the forum ? All youve posted lately are negative posts like the last one you have posted .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Though we don't have many trolls here, or members using sockpuppets (I hope...), we do seem to have members who regularly engage in flaming.

From Wikipedia (emphasis mine):

Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users. An Internet user typically generates a flame response to other posts or users posting on a site, and such a response is usually not constructive, does not clarify a discussion, and does not persuade others. Sometimes, flamers attempt to assert their authority, or establish a position of superiority over other users. Other times, a flamer is simply an individual who believes he or she carries the only valid opinion. This leads him or her to personally attack those who disagree. In some cases, flamers wish to upset and offend other members of the forum, in which case they can be called "trolls". Most often however, flames are angry or insulting messages transmitted by people who have strong feelings about a subject.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
is mars again 39.45 degrees from the fifth house of jupiter of why is everyone so aggressive? :roll: Are you unhappy with your lives? Is your Ego hurt?

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Youre mom is a troll :lol:
Spring is in the air, maybe thats the reason a lot of people seem to be itchy :D

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
restin a dit:
is mars again 39.45 degrees from the fifth house of jupiter of why is everyone so aggressive? :roll: Are you unhappy with your lives? Is your Ego hurt?

My ego indeed hurts. Aggressive?

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
oh yes. Nothing personal, I wish you all the best and I hope you will get better soon.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
mrvn a dit:
Spring is in the air, maybe thats the reason a lot of people seem to be itchy :D
Or the other way around: perhaps spring will cheer some of us up again. :p

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
:lol: That would be sometiming CM!

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
restin a dit:
Restin, I asked you before, please be specific. You keep posting rolling eyes and stuff, but you rarely quote anyone or address anyone directly. Now again I don't know if you were aiming that comment on my specifically (something about astrology, that would apply to me), or at MysticWarrior and GOD, or all of us?

I don't know how to respond to your remark, because it's unclear what you mean. Don't you agree we should strive for clarity in our communications?

I'd like to reply to one question you raised however, namely whether conflict at the forum is related with how happy or unhappy the members are with their lives. Though I'm sure personal stress and for example winter depression might sometimes aggravate misunderstandings, recent issues are not that much different from issues a few months ago or a few years ago. The same types of conflict keep coming up. There's no need to attribute recent conflicts to anyone's personal misfortune or unhappiness, in fact bringing up another's misfortune (usually simply life challenges and times of change) could be seen as argumentum ad hominem, or argumentation based on personal attacks.

There is a systemic problem here, it just comes in many different episodes.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Now again I don't know if you were aiming that comment on my specifically (something about astrology, that would apply to me), or at MysticWarrior and GOD, or all of us?
The one about astrology was a joke to bring in some good vibes...that's what I mean. Everyone feels attacked and is attacking. It was aimed to all of you. I don't feel the urge to quote anyone - I am pretty sure that I am not the only one to read emotional talk in this thread. I don't see what is unclear here.
There's no need to attribute recent conflicts to anyone's personal misfortune or unhappiness
Oh I wouldn't be sure about that. You are scratching the surface - even in my worst days with GOD (Georgia...) or other members it never went to this level of aggression.