Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Thoughts.

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
We all know Salvia is said to have negative, or annoying effects. But I've been thinking and going though my old diaries. I have always thought that Salvia puts me back into how I saw things when I was little. I remember from many of my trips, the colorful things I had in my room, like my beach towel, or old legos that were collecting dust-- seemed so very different than how I saw them normally, as an adult.

Here's a small entry from my diary, written 2 mins after the overall effects of Salvia wore off.

'I felt like a child. Everything was colorful and I nearly forgot the stressfullness of every day life. I had a very low extract, because I wanted to get a hold of how this drug feels before I tripped. I looked around my room. At my legos, at my beach towel-- and when I closed my eyes I had very light visions of spinning tunnels, which turned into chairs. I started to speak to myself. As odd as that sounds, under the effects of Salvia-- I didn't care. I was babbling on like a kid. 'The chairs, you won't believe all the talking, spinning chairs.' I noticed that I didn't care how I talked. Normally I correct myself because I'm so anal about English and everything-- but under her effects, it was as if I had forgotten all of English's rules; my filter for reason and logic was broken-- but my eyes were open to the unfamiliar, yet comforting memory of what it may have been like when I was a child. It reminded me of the reports of 'ego death' that I have read. I didn't understand it until I underwent it. It's not so much to die. Even now my overall ego and self-awareness is coming back; to me an ego death is the realization that you're not in control of everything. That's what it felt like to die inside myself and have myself re-birthed, in a way, when the drug wore off....'

There's more written, but since the first time I tried Salvia, I wanted to understand more. I didn't feel negative. The only thing that annoyed me was the sweating and loud music. Over time I learned that for a positive trip-- it takes total silence and darkness and a clear and open mind; you really never know what Salvia is going to remind you of, or teach you. I believe that a lot of the negative trips are because of a bad childhood. For those who treated it well, went into it with a clear and open mind and still got a bad trip-- do think about what your childhood was like. I'd like to hear more about your guys' experience, journey and rebirth with Salvia. For me, my childhood was great until I was went into middle school. Everything changed from there. But the core of me, my childhood was very happy and magical, almost. I think my positive experience as a kid definitely influences how my brain reacts to Salvia. Trips are a bit different though. I may post more on trips later. For the most part I'm talking about low extracts.

Anyhow, let me know what you all think. I'd like to know your thoughts and such.

Peace and love.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
awesome!!!

i agree with the getting-back-to-feeling like a child and i think its essential in a way... i think many people have lost the magic of their childhood, because logic and reason sort of dictates them that they aren't childs anymore and therefore need to be and behave like adults... sadly this also takes away a bit the tenderness and caring for each other a bit, but i don't know really why... maybe because everybody thinks a bit like " we are all adults we need to get along with our own problems" or something like that...

and well by the way, salvinorin-A which is the active compound of salvia is said to be the most powerful psychadelic substance and i guess that could be related to the power of the experience itself.

i think salvia just crushes your ideas of reality and thats why its so impressive but it seeems that it can also reveal interesting concepts or ideas of reality, like everything is made of the same thing yet can look completely differently etc.

anyways you made me more motivated to try it soon again, because i have been too afraid of the effects but it might have to do with a bad childhood or other things i dunno... its similar for me like it is for you my early childhood i remember being very nice and magical but then it changed....

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
BrainEater a dit:
awesome!!!

i agree with the getting-back-to-feeling like a child and i think its essential in a way... i think many people have lost the magic of their childhood, because logic and reason sort of dictates them that they aren't childs anymore and therefore need to be and behave like adults... sadly this also takes away a bit the tenderness and caring for each other a bit, but i don't know really why... maybe because everybody thinks a bit like " we are all adults we need to get along with our own problems" or something like that...

and well by the way, salvinorin-A which is the active compound of salvia is said to be the most powerful psychadelic substance and i guess that could be related to the power of the experience itself.

i think salvia just crushes your ideas of reality and thats why its so impressive but it seeems that it can also reveal interesting concepts or ideas of reality, like everything is made of the same thing yet can look completely differently etc.

anyways you made me more motivated to try it soon again, because i have been too afraid of the effects but it might have to do with a bad childhood or other things i dunno... its similar for me like it is for you my early childhood i remember being very nice and magical but then it changed....

Exactly! I couldn't have worded it any better. (:

salvinorin-A is one of the most powerful natural compounds, I believe though that DMT is at the top.

Cool! If you decide to do it, post back here with your experience! I've found that writing about your journey about 3 mins after everything has worn off makes it all the easier to recall. Salvia's like a dream, really. You gatta jot down as much as you can before it slips away completely and you just feel enlightened. =]

PsycheSmirk

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Déc 2008
My childhood was the same way - up until middle school it was absolutely wonderful. Then a series of things happened during the time I was going through puberty, which was also when my depression kicked in (mine's genetic, I got it from my dad, and I've had it ever since 8th grade [I'm in 11th now]). 9th grade was okay for the most part, until I finally found out that my "best friends" were not real friends at all. You know, normal high school drama and whatnot. 10th grade was horrible and I was suicidal for most of it. I also developed severe social anxiety which inevitably branched off from my depression, and now I'm homeschooled.

The reason for my telling you all that is because Salvia has helped ENORMOUSLY with my depression. I was reading up about it and found out that it actually does help with chronic depression.

I have only had one negative-ish trip, and at one point thought I was dying. But I wasn't scared at all. The "dying" feeling that I felt during that trip had an extremely familiar feeling, as if I'd felt it before. It wasn't physically discomforting or mentally disturbing in any way - it was almost had a welcoming feeling to it, and my mind just sort of peacefully drifted through it. It felt so natural and, for lack of a better word, right.

All of my other trips with Sally, though, have been amazing and spiritually/emotionally refreshing. Earlier in the year during one of my lowest points of my depression, I smoked some 10x in my room with the lights off. Before I smoked it, though, I literally said out loud to it, "Please help me in some way."
So, I inhaled, layed back and waited.
Within a minute, I was in a rainforest-type setting, and I was in a see-through egg in a bed of leaves. I had the sense that I had traveled back in time (WAY back in time, when indigenous people were the only inhabitants of Earth). Then I felt the presence of two beings on both sides of me. I couldn't literally see them, but I knew they were there. There was a male and a female. They approached me and picked me up in their hands and cradled me. I felt like an infant in its parents' arms. I instantly recognized this feeling, and a wave of nostalgia swept over me. It was overwhelming, and I was crying tears of joy on the inside. The beings were speaking to me through my thoughts. "It will be okay, don't worry. You belong here."
To this day I believe that I had actually gone back to a state of consciousness that I had when I was an infant.
But since that trip, I haven't been NEARLY as depressed. I know, now, for a fact, that my life has a purpose, and I feel a sense of oneness with everything.

:)

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
man that sounds really cool!!! nice i love to hear from positive experiences!!! lol i remember too that i was feeling a presence which was communicating with me, but i couldn't understand it , as my mind was lacking words...

peace

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
BrainEater a dit:
man that sounds really cool!!! nice i love to hear from positive experiences!!! lol i remember too that i was feeling a presence which was communicating with me, but i couldn't understand it , as my mind was lacking words...

peace

Thank you! Haha, yeah same here. Only problem I had in the beginning is not getting the right dosage for a good trip. I'd get so blown away by how it made my body feel and I was so uncoordinated that I just fell back. It takes some getting used to. You kinda have to force yourself to smoke more than 4 bowls. It took me a while to realize this concept, and act upon it while I was smoking. You just kinda reach a level with Sally where you keep loading your bowl, lighting, holding and repeat until you don't know where you are. The first time I did this and had it work successfully-- I had open-eye visuals of me as a kid climbing a red slide. It was so very amazing to me. Whether I was reliving a moment, or acting on something my subconscious wanted to do, but wasn't able to except for my dreams is beyond me. All I know is I was a kid for 10 minutes and it changed my whole perception on things.

I do remember a few dreams I had while I was a teen, one of them was climbing a big red slide. I forgot to jot in down in my diary because it faded quickly as soon as I woke up and started my day-- but after the first mind blowing experience I had with Sally-- I recalled the dream. It's something I've been wondering about; why-- most times in the past with Sally, I became like a kid. I've never had a trip like what many of the reports I have read-- where you're in a jungle or whatever-- for the most part my visual experience was Sally was very cartoonish; very animated-- and didn't fall into the bounds of how we see the sober reality. It makes me think.

Anyhow. I ramble haha.

ssdematt

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Déc 2009
I totally relate to your comments. I posted earlier a thread about what I experienced last night, which incidentally was my 1st experience with salvia. Your childhood really does figure into the equation, 100%!!

I grew up hard, my dad whupped my ass all the time, beat me with sticks, belts, switches and his fists, starting when I was a few years old. To top all of that off, I realized when I was about 6 that I was gay!! Talk about early realizations!! I knew that the world, nor my dad, for that matter, would not look at me well for my sexuality, even at that age. So I think I suppressed it- big time. I still fantasized about things, still had sex with people when I got older, but in my psyche I suppressed myself in a way. And the 1st thing that came up with salvia is my repressed memories and thoughts!! It was like I was being made to deal with them, made to think about them objectively.

Take care,

Matt