Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Third Trip : Delsym = bad?

impactboi

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Nov 2007
Hello,
I’m new here. A friend told me about this place, so I registered to check it out.

I just finished the worst week at school, so I thought what better way to celebrate by chilling out and have some fun with DXM this weekend. :D I’ve done DXM twice before at 375mg and 480mg, and I’m planning to do somewhere between 750mg to 900mg this time. I weight 79kg, which puts me squarely in the third plateau. It should be interesting.

My previous experiences with DXM were quite enjoyable. I don’t get any effects to sounds, but I get a bit of closed eye hallucinations. :D Tripping out at the third plateau will enhance the hallucinations even more, I hope.

My dilemma is: What should I use this time? I tried Buckley’s DM – that was god-awful. I also tried Delsym. It was very easy to down and it had 6mg of DXM per mL. However, it contains polistirex rather than hydrobromide, which a small number of sites claim to be more harmful than normal DXM. What’s your take on this and should I avoid it?

My third option is probably Benylin, but I have no experience with it before.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
the delyzem stuff is the 'long lasting' version of DXM, dont bother with it, it dosent give the same effects and it IS more harmful, but only in the way that you have a large amount of this stuff in your body for a long time. but ill tell you that ive tried it and barley got any effects on around 300mg

Entheonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Here in holland we've got Daro wich contains about 28 mg dxm per capsule.
Mostly there are different brands available in other countries, so I don't think you could find Daro capsules. Just try to find a brand wich only contains dextromethorphan.

Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide is a salt form of DXM. The bromide-ions are quite toxic (bromide-poisoning), so you shouldn't use DXM HBr.

Also watch out for other additives like paracetamol and antihistamines.

99 Out of a 100 times it's one of these substances that make young kids end up in the hospital.

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I've usually use generic store brands. They sSeem to be the only ones still free of "harmful drugs". The kind I get is 15mg/ml and DXM is the only active drug.

impactboi

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Nov 2007
Okay, point taken. No more Delsym. I'll probably get Benlyin tomorrow.

herman

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Nov 2007
Im pretty experienced when it comes to DXM, and the best way to do it is the robitussin cough gels. Each bottle is 300mg DXM and its way easier than glugging down that thick syrup. Plus the only active ingredient is the dxm. The only downside is its a little more expencive.. about $5 US a bottle. But still its better

herman

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Nov 2007
Also i dont know what Entheonaut is talking about, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide and just Dextromethorphan are the exact same thing with just differant names. Seriously look it up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dxm ..

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
DXM is a base, to have it in a neutral solution, you have to add an acid like HBr or HCl, resulting in a salt.

HBr is bad for you in bigger quantities

WetStaples

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Nov 2007
herman a dit:
Im pretty experienced when it comes to DXM, and the best way to do it is the robitussin cough gels. Each bottle is 300mg DXM and its way easier than glugging down that thick syrup. Plus the only active ingredient is the dxm. The only downside is its a little more expencive.. about $5 US a bottle. But still its better
Too bad Robitussin sucks because it has a different product line for Canada, the gels containing more than just DXM.

impactboi

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Nov 2007
Exactly, I've looked around, all of them contain some thing else other than DXM.

Anyway, got a bottle of Benylin today. It's going to be awesome :D

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
herman a dit:

Call me crazy but I actually like the taste of syrup. Like not like I enjoy it but it's not unpleasant.

impactboi a dit:
Exactly, I've looked around, all of them contain some thing else other than DXM.

Yea I think most companies are adding "extra support" drugs to keep them from being abused. That being said wouldn't you rather kids get high then to DIE on this new stuff? I mean the store I work at checks for IDs now for all DXM products. Shouldn't that be enough. I think that's fine considering it was too easy for young kids to buy.

Necridous

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
24 Mai 2007
This topic has inspired me to go out and try DXM. Before now I never really payed much attention to what exactly DXM does, but now that I've read some stuff about it, experiencing the 3rd and 4th plateaus seems like something I would really like to try. Today will be my first attempt, so I probably will not go beyond the 1st plateau.

Anything you guys think I should know before doing this?

EDIT*: I have 20 15mg capsules of Dextromethorphan HBr, thats the best i could do at Walgreens. I weigh about 140 pounds, so how many do u think i should take?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Necridous a dit:
I weigh about 140 pounds, so how many do u think i should take?

you should already have checked erowid before trying a new substance

Necridous

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
24 Mai 2007
I did all ready check erowid before i posted that and I do have an idea of what type of dose to take, i was just getting a second opinion from u guys.

Btw, I'm prolly gonna be getting my hands on some cocaine soon. I presume it is a bad idea to combine to two, but all i found so far on erowid was a warning against amphetamines and psychostimulants

Rymmen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
Um, best website in my opinion is third-plateau.org Read up on the FAQ there.

They have a calculator for dosages depending on weight, but I just remember it this way:

1st plateau: 2 mg/kg
2nd: 6 mg/kg
3rd: 12 mg/kg
4th: 18 mg/kg

Bad idea to mix DXM with anything other than weed (for onset)... I mean, if you wanna have one of the most intense trips to my knowledge mix it with a psychedelic... but I wouldn't recommend it if it's your first time going on it.

impactboi

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Nov 2007
I attempted it last night.

I had a huge problem downing Benylin. Every gulp was followed by a gag. After half a bottle, I couldn't do it anymore so I settle with about 375mg in me.

About 40 minutes in, I puked my guts out. I forced myself to clean up as best as I could, then I continue the trip as usual.

Music was good and I felt a bit of euphoria. It was interesting since I have never experienced those things during my previous trips. However, I did not get any closed eyed hallucinations, which was disappointing.

I must find another find another product for my goal to reach 3rd plateau! If I can't find anything that I can down easily I might have to resort to Delsym again.

herman

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Nov 2007
YOO impactboi, nausea has always been a problem for me as well.. however there are a few things you can do to reach your 3rd plateau goal. The 3rd plateau is very very fun by the way, especially in the right environment (my favorite is probably trance concert or club :D )

But anyways, one thing you can do is carefully control the food you eat prior to your trip. I think the best is to have eaten a good sized meal about 2 or 3 hours before you dose. And it helps even more to snack some bread or something around the time you dose too.

I'm gonna look into the supposed difference between dxm and dxm hcl, but you can try to get the pill form of dxm or dxm hcl in a bunch of products too. So you dont have to kill yourself chugging that bottle. (Look for Dexalone)

And last, weed helps a lot too.

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Wow I don't think there could be a worst combo than coke and DXM. Makes me uneasy just thinking about it.

Necridous

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
24 Mai 2007
wooo, fortunately I never got any coke so I didn't end up probably killing myself. However, I did get extremely sick, but it was not a result of only the DXM. I took like 225mg of DXM so it only put me at the first plateau. I definitly noticed some pleasent effects, but my entire body developed a rash and I was extremely itchy through most of the trip. The problems began on the comedown. I decided to get drunk, which was a mistake, and then the bigger mistake came a little later when I took 4 hits of LSD. It was a fairly amazing and strong trip, but my body was very very sick for a good portion of it. I had very bad vomiting that was not accompanied by nausea, and began much later than normal acid nausea should (at least in my experience), and I also had very irritable bowels and gas. I assume that the residual DXM and alcohol mixed with the impurities im sure were present in the LSD (street quality from Daytona Fl...) was what caused me to be so ill, but I'm not a chemistry student so I really don't know. All I know is that my first DXM experience was mighty fun, and I can see myself doing it again.