Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The real Jesus Christ!

silv

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Jesus Christ
Bearded prophet of the meek and early archetype of the 1960s hippie.

Jesus was born Jewish, but then converted to Dudeism after he realized that the Romans and the Pharisees were fucking fascists. Today lots of people think he's the son of the guy who created the universe and that our life is in his hands. But probably he was just a dude who thought people should mellow out and stop getting so worked up about stuff. Sadly, few of his followers seem to actually realize that. Remember: There's not a literal connection.

'From www.dudeism.com :)
Sounds good dunnit? =D

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
sounds good indeed,

but i'm getting tired of people trying to get facts out of the bible.
free interpretation is the key to the bible, who cares if it has really happened? it's the message that is of importance.
instances like the church ruined christianity by making laws based on the bible.

also, who says jesus had a beard? there are many depictions of jesus having no beard in (if i'm not mistaking) byzantian an russian christian art.

i respect the idea of the man named jesus. he stood up against the fact that the thora was the law in that days. he stood up against the roman occupier, and against the fact that religion had become law.
jesus stood up against a religion of scriptures and laws and started focussing on the people.

but in the dark ages, the church betrayed jesus, burning everyone that had his own idea about the bible, and not the churches idea.
forgetting that jesus stood up against the thora being used like that in his time.

face it, the bible is about peace and love, but the power-hungry church ruined it for everyone.

love thy neighbour and have a wonderful new year :wink:

peace

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Meduzz a dit:
sounds good indeed,

but i'm getting tired of people trying to get facts out of the bible.
free interpretation is the key to the bible, who cares if it has really happened? it's the message that is of importance.
instances like the church ruined christianity by making laws based on the bible.

also, who says jesus had a beard? there are many depictions of jesus having no beard in (if i'm not mistaking) byzantian an russian christian art.

i respect the idea of the man named jesus. he stood up against the fact that the thora was the law in that days. he stood up against the roman occupier, and against the fact that religion had become law.
jesus stood up against a religion of scriptures and laws and started focussing on the people.

but in the dark ages, the church betrayed jesus, burning everyone that had his own idea about the bible, and not the churches idea.
forgetting that jesus stood up against the thora being used like that in his time.

face it, the bible is about peace and love, but the power-hungry church ruined it for everyone.

love thy neighbour and have a wonderful new year :wink:

peace
to sum your post up:
Jesus was born Jewish, but then converted to Dudeism after he realized that the Romans and the Pharisees were fucking fascists.

and what you say is maybe right about the general message out of the bible, however I have been told that the book of leviticus has quite some triple x rated content.

G

Invité
you are assuming that the bible that you read today was the same bible that jesus had. the bible suffered countless translations, adaptations, and many councils (like Trento), that helped the church to gain power through the scriptures, erasing all ideas of power and goverment from it. there were man, in the 4th century specially in greece and western part of turkey, that abandoned church, because they no longer belived in it. they could see what was about to happen. i don't know the names of those man that rebelled in english, but i can tell in portuguese: santo antão from egypt and são simeão estilita, that spent 40 years on a 18m pole. many monasteries in greece, like Meteora, were built by these rebelious men.the church morphed from a free belif, the direct connection between man and god, to an instituition that deposited all the faith in the middle man, priests, holy man, and so on.

that "free interpretation" of the bible is the biggest shit that i have ever listened. how can you interpret freely one text that has been adultered, and it is NOT free from the root ? why don't we interpret freely mein kampf, or the black & decker drill manual ?

who cares that jesus had a beard ? these are details that don't matter. i have a beard and that doesn't mean squat.
the problem with jesus is that politics got in the way of faith. we can never reach the root of christianity, because the original faith, and people that lived truly that religion are long gone, and their ideas have been masked to support wars, killing, making people ignorant, and specially to make people think that beliving in jesus is going to save us. if you don't belive, you go to hell and you are going to burn forever. that is mind-bending terror. shouldn't religion be supported by love ?
we, as psychonauts, should belive in that. all the biggest trips end up with eternal love and caring. comfort. that's what we seek from the moment when we are born in our mother's breast, until the moment we die.

i wish you all a good 2008.

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
that's just like, your opinion man.

for the record, this was meant as kind of taking the piss with all those bible discussions.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
daytripper a dit:
how can you interpret freely one text that has been adultered, and it is NOT free from the root ?

i'm sorry, i didn't think about the adulterations in my original post.
but here's my tought:
because of the adulterations, there is even more need to interpret it freely.
don't forget that free interpretation comes hand in hand with a huge load of scepticism.

daytripper a dit:
why don't we interpret freely mein kampf

why don't we? because we associate that book with hitler.
and we associate the bible with the church.
imho, free interpretation implies taking everything out of the book you consider as potentially true, but more important: the things you find useful for your own life.

PS: mein kampf is the most boring crap book ever :lol:

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Meduzz a dit:
daytripper a dit:
how can you interpret freely one text that has been adultered, and it is NOT free from the root ?

i'm sorry, i didn't think about the adulterations in my original post.
but here's my tought:
because of the adulterations, there is even more need to interpret it freely.
don't forget that free interpretation comes hand in hand with a huge load of scepticism.

daytripper a dit:
why don't we interpret freely mein kampf

why don't we? because we associate that book with hitler.
and we associate the bible with the church.
imho, free interpretation implies taking everything out of the book you consider as potentially true, but more important: the things you find useful for your own life.

PS: mein kampf is the most boring crap book ever :lol:
is it? i just started, it ain't too bad the first few pages.

G

Invité
i made it to the end, but i agree with meduzz: it is very boring and when we squeeze it, no juice comes out. with the bible, sometimes we get some nice juices :)

peace!

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
" who says jesus had a beard "

All fundamental jews had a beard ?

" the bible is about peace and love "

No its not !!! read it . After reading the old testament judeism seems to me to be about love and peace for jews and fuck everyone else . Christianity is supposed to be about love and peace for everyone , allthough christians are the bigest bunch of killers that have ever lived .

" that "free interpretation" of the bible is the biggest shit that i have ever listened. how can you interpret freely one text that has been adultered, and it is NOT free from the root ? why don't we interpret freely mein kampf, or the black & decker drill manual ? "

HALLELUJA !!! Daytripper , i like your posts . I agree with you , we should be entheonauts , seeking ultimate truth , love and light , our conection to GOD , the reasons why we are here and spreading the answers ...... and not just getting beamed all the time .

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Could'nt agree more with GOD.
There are so many things we still have to do and discover and spread and share.
Even when it will seem like all our dreams have come true wich seems a little further away then my imagination will take me right now we should know that our work will not be over.
Battling our own ego's is going to go a long way.
All this free enterpretting stuff made up by the confused, the desperate or the wicked is only confusing the world more, it's totally counterproductive.
So if you are among the first or the second and your ego allows for it, please.
If a person would want others to understand his ideas and beliefs he would try to explain everything as well as his ability would allow him.
Any mysteriousness or unclearity for unknown reasons is to be distrusted.
In other words, we need to stop guessing and start thinking.
We need to stop competing and start cooperating.
Not knowing all the answers, not knowing yourself is nothing to be ashamed of.
And even if it was, finding out would still outweigh this endlessly through its payoff.
I feel like I will only stop learning after I stop breathing.
Imo ofc :roll: I'm having quite a hard time finding folks that undertstand my logic, let alone agree with it.
But I know that this is only because of the world that is today and I feel that I should still practice the art of patience a lot more.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004

The message in the bible is a piece of crap. It's written with the entire purpose of enslaving an entire continent. No one with a reasonable sense of the origins and history of the bible, can say that it's the message that is important in that book. That book was the reason that millions of other books and scriptures have been destroyed and hundreds of thousands of people have been killed.

We would know much more about our own western history if it wasn't for the bible.

Entire passages have been fabricated to stop people to ask really important questions. Actually most of the good stuff has been taken out and/or out of context in the bible.

If you want to find something of the message that, I agree, the bible can hint at sometimes, find a copy of the translated Nag Hammadi library. That's the closest you will get to what the message in the bible actually was before it was basically changed into a con by literal christians.

Btw: Fucktards who translate freely from the bible ;)

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/78225/

These guys are calling for some kind of a sharia. And are supposed to be civilized people, which they probably would be without....

Exactly.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Christians read, hear and assume. Psychonauts step inside, witness, and return.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
"If you don't join Christians, you will burn in hell forever. ", thats the core of christianity for you. That's the core message they are selling or actually, tryiing to push through everybody's throat.

Any Christian telling you they have respect for other religion is lying or in direct conflict with their scripture.

Christians are not the friendly good guys that have been hunted down for centuries, they are the real bad guys. They are not even indifferent, they are just plain evil.

They don't believe you and I and them are equals because their religion says, we are not. Our prime ministers said a week ago :'You cannot function in politics unless you are a christian.'.

Christians have more blood on their hands than the nazis. The nazi's look like a minor historical inconvenience if you compare the killing in name of the nazi's, with the killing in name of christians.

Fuck man, stop protecting they enemy because they are the enemy. Right now in the Netherlands they are trying to get you and me behind bars because of what we believe in, tolerance and peaceful message my ass. They use lies to discredit us and our sacraments.

They would gladly burn us to dead, as has been done for centuries.

There is no love in Christianity. There is hate, ignorance and evil.

HC

G

Invité
unfortunately, all that heartcore said is true. it saddens me to see that the guy's that are in charge bear something evil in them, and cristianism (or catholicism) is now directed in complete astray of their dogmas, that we'll like or not, were not meant to be like this for sure.
it makes me wonder about human nature and the ultimate goal we, as a species, share.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I always thought that what I read about Jesus in the Bible suggested he was a really cool guy - he stood up for the poor, rebelled against the conservatives... but then the people who said they follow his word never seemed to do so - they always seemed to be ultra-conservative, non-free-thinking zealots. Even as a child of 6 years I realized there must be something wrong with Christianity...

I guess there was some guy of that name who remotely did what the Bible says, but if he lived today, he would be nailed to the cross again by exactly the same people who claim to believe in him. Whatever is lost in translation and made up by people, I still think I can see that what Jesus preached must have been freedom and equality - but maybe that's just my misinterpretation of a thousand times re-written and re-interpreted text written by someone we don't know. I only know for sure that there's a lot of interpretations and misinterpretations of that text... have I mentioned that I am against dogmatic religion in general?

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I guess there was some guy of that name who remotely did what the Bible says, but if he lived today, he would be nailed to the cross again by exactly the same people who claim to believe in him.

Amen.

He never existed of course, not even a guy that remotely did any of the stuff Jesus supposedly did.

You guys really have to get this: ALL that is said about Jesus in the bible, is stolen from other stories. The entire life of Jesus so called Christ, is from other culture. Every part, every detail has been borrowed from older stories from other cultures. As was sort of the norm in these days.

Now put that in front of someone who says 'o well, maybe a lot of stuff is exaggerated but there must have been some hippie named Jesus who was a nice and charismatic guy'. Ask them exactly what it was, that this guy was doing. And everything they come up with you can answer:'hmm, that's interesting, that actually never happened really but was part of such and so myth from that culture.' And you can even point out parts where old myths where copied word by fucking word and the name 'Jesus' scribbled before a sentence and 'from Nazareth' behind it to make it look like it was the real thing.

L&V
H

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
HeartCore a dit:
I guess there was some guy of that name who remotely did what the Bible says, but if he lived today, he would be nailed to the cross again by exactly the same people who claim to believe in him.

Amen.

He never existed of course, not even a guy that remotely did any of the stuff Jesus supposedly did.

You guys really have to get this: ALL that is said about Jesus in the bible, is stolen from other stories. The entire life of Jesus so called Christ, is from other culture. Every part, every detail has been borrowed from older stories from other cultures. As was sort of the norm in these days.

Now put that in front of someone who says 'o well, maybe a lot of stuff is exaggerated but there must have been some hippie named Jesus who was a nice and charismatic guy'. Ask them exactly what it was, that this guy was doing. And everything they come up with you can answer:'hmm, that's interesting, that actually never happened really but was part of such and so myth from that culture.' And you can even point out parts where old myths where copied word by fucking word and the name 'Jesus' scribbled before a sentence and 'from Nazareth' behind it to make it look like it was the real thing.

L&V
H

In my very humble opinion you've got it all wrong. What I see in the world is roughly 2 types of christians. You've got the ones that say: "Who really gives a crap about who Jesus was, what he did and if he even existed. The story about him in the bible gives me good guidelines to live by and help me being more loving to others and all that stuff." Then you have the people who (like you actually which I consider to be a funny thing) try to read the bible literally and take it for ALL that's in it and thus become the conservative bastards you're talking about.
Point being is you're preaching to your own church. Only people who are "stupid" and won't listen to you eitherway will take the bible as something that happened. Others just see a FICTIONAL Jesus as an inspiring story and choose to disregard the parts of the bible where the nasty stuff happens.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
I liked this one :)
Kurt Vonnegut
Modern day Dudeist philosopher

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." So wroteth one of the greatest writers of Dudeist novels ever. While few of his books really even had plots, they were so packed with witty, quotable sayings and iconoclastic, easygoing ideas to live by that it hardly mattered. In fact, the very idea that plots were a part of life was anathema to him. Consistently imploring the world to shrug rather than assert, his essential philosophy was that life on earth is totally and utterly nonsensical so just try to have as good a time as possible without blowing anything up. So it goes.

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Dantediv86 a dit:
I liked this one :)
Kurt Vonnegut
Modern day Dudeist philosopher

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." So wroteth one of the greatest writers of Dudeist novels ever. While few of his books really even had plots, they were so packed with witty, quotable sayings and iconoclastic, easygoing ideas to live by that it hardly mattered. In fact, the very idea that plots were a part of life was anathema to him. Consistently imploring the world to shrug rather than assert, his essential philosophy was that life on earth is totally and utterly nonsensical so just try to have as good a time as possible without blowing anything up. So it goes.
amen to this! :)