Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The positive side of psychedelics research paper, help?

Nina_is_alive

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mar 2009
I'm going to write a research paper for class that speaks about the little credited, positive aspects of psychedelics.

if anyone wants to help out, and give me some creditable [no wiki] sources of good information regarding anything on the topic
that would be awesome :)

plus, you'll be helping inform a fair-sized audience that drugs don't have to mean "crazy heroin addict" or "insane lsd kook"

any information, whether medical, spiritual, psychological, or whatever else you can find, with a link esp.
would be much appreciated!

I need @ least 8 sources

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
erowid might be a good place to look?
try and find a local hippy in your community and ask them :lol:

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Here's a paper I found in a big Drugs Torrent, It reports the treatment of Schizophrenic kids with LSD and Psilocybin. Seems like a very good read, Not finished it yet. Hope it helps

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
Blackmore, S. (2003). Consciousness: An introduction. Hodder & Stoughton.

i had to read this book for my 'consciousness in psychology' course. It names a lot of theories on consciousness, what it does, what it is (which they don't know :lol: ), and psychedelics are mentioned as well. To my own surprise only neutral or postitive things are said about the drugs, so it might be useful to you.
If not, it's still a very good read. I recommend it.

Further you can look for sources on applications of ibogaine in opiate-addictions, lsd/psilocybine on (cluster)-headaches, mdma for treating anxiety...

Lucien

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Avr 2009
I have to agree that erowid is a great resource, especially in the experience's where you can look at people who have been cured from addiction by psychedelics. There have also been a number of studies done to show there there use for this.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Take care with Erowid , get at least one confirmation of what you read there as some of it is shit .

Forks link to MAPS is a very good place to look for real facts .

lucky_lab_rat

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Avr 2009
As already stated- MAPS. They have recently been doing a study on MDMA to treat PTSD with very favorable results that has received positive coverage from everyone from Dr Sanjay Gupta of CNN to a major military based website.

Also I would suggest looking at the controversy when the US made MDMA illegal in 86? against the recommendation of the panel set up to study the issue :roll: - it was widely held in the psychiatric field at the time that the drug was far to valuable to put in schedule 1.

Nina_is_alive

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mar 2009
Sticki a dit:
Here's a paper I found in a big Drugs Torrent, It reports the treatment of Schizophrenic kids with LSD and Psilocybin. Seems like a very good read, Not finished it yet. Hope it helps

I read this today and it was really quite fascinating and wonderful.
and thanks everyone for all the sources!
I'll check out maps for suree, it seems like a good source.
Erowid is a bit inconsistent I think but It cant hurt.

I'm excited about this paper thanks to you guys :]

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Glad we could help and wish you the best of luck with the paper :D

I wouldnt mind a read of your finished report :D

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
I found another interesting pdf, A guideline on Psychotherapy with LSD called - Handbook for the Therapeutic Use of LSD-25 Individual and Group Procedures.

Im probably gonna have a read tonight :D

P.S. The Document on the schizophrenic kids was a brilliant read. I would love to work with people (Child or Adult) in the same kind of way, I imagine it to be challenging at times but very rewarding at others. One would have to be mentally strong and able to control thier emotions incredibly well to cope with the intensity of emotions that would be displayed by the person experiencing the psychotherapy I would imagine.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Found another pdf on psychedelic psychotherapy 8)

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
How you getting on with the paper Nina?

Nina_is_alive

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mar 2009
There's still alot to do, because I have 23423423 things going on all at once in my life.

I'm staying up all night on some caffeine and PERHAPS a hit off a joint [it sometimes motivates me towards schoolwork strangely enough], but only if I can't concentrate otherwise: and I'm going to finish up a rough daft tonight.
I'll show you the finished product, I'm hoping it'll turn out to be a worthwhile piece...
and I have good music for inspiration too :)

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
wow sticki that first pdf you posted is really amazing. everyone here should read it.

cahillcahill

Banni
Inscrit
19 Mar 2012
Hai, Psychedelics do not speed up the brain, they slow it down. They do however make you use parts of your brain which you did not use before that have to do with creative thinking.Using psychedelics could cause you to think in a more logical and in depth manner about things, but it won't speed your brain up, that's for sure.Also Brain scans of people under the influence of the psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms, have given scientists the most detailed picture to date of how psychedelic drugs work. If you want more tips and suggestions on this topic, here i can suggest you best research paper writing services, they undertake any research paper writing on various topics. Thank you! :) Good luck! :)