Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The best TV series ever

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Death note - anime at its best. Not to be compared to kiddie shit...this is great.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
" Planet earth" ? I hope you dont mean that steven spielberg shit series ? When i see tha way he depicts children i feel like pukeing and think maybe he was a child molester in his last life .

Mr.Smith

Banni
Inscrit
28 Jan 2009
i watch Shameless. i doubt its available outside the UK which is a shame, its pretty close to how most people here live, one way or another

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Another series I find great (yet I hardly ever get to watch an episode) is BBC's "Life of our children". The pure effort that has been going into that show is amazing. It documents the growing up of about 20 children in very different families in the UK over the course of their life in 20 years or so (or more??).

The last episode I was able to see was when the kids were like 13 or 14. I mean how difficult is it to make 20 families participate in a tv series about their children - and then make them participate for years, until their kids are grown up? Big up to the background work that has been going into this series (plust it's pretty interesting, too!)

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
I forgot one of my childhood favorites
Thundercats :mrgreen:

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I'll start:

SF:

Firefly (just sweet!)
Battlestar Galactica new series

Dr Who (David Tenant)
Dr Who (Christopher Eccleston)
Blake's 7
Star Trek: I find it lacking in almost every sense with the exception of the gadgets and where science goes. Some episodes are bearable though ;)

Other:
Breaking Bad

G

Invité
HeartCore a dit:
SF:

Battlestar Galactica new series

Same here, a bit weird initially (especially when you're used to SG-1), but it quickly becomes *really* nice.

grifter7

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
7 Mar 2009
best are
fringe
reaper
house
southpark
american dad
breaking bad

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Courage the cowardley dog
Dexter's Lab
Sniffle and Olly
Rocko's Modern Life
DBZ (lol)

There used to be movies on the Cartoon Network channel called "Big Movie Night" it had the most bizarre and epic kids movies ever...

There also used to be an anime series on SciFi channel in the early 90's, it had the goriest and most extreme and best anime I have ever seen.
I was like 7 when I watched that.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Tiax a dit:
What is Dr. Who about btw ?

Dr. Who is a really really old series from the BBC that started somewhere in the 50ies I think as some kind of trashy (budget-wise!) SciFi series.
The main character is The Doctor ("Doctor who?" - "Just 'The Doctor'!") who looks like a human, but is actually an alien - he's the last descendant of the species of Timelords (at least he is the last since the new series in 2005, I think in the old series his planet still existed). He travels around time and space in his T.A.R.D.I.S. ("Time And Relative Dimension In Space") which is a living time machine slash spaceship. It was supposed to be taking on every form on the outside, but the function is broken, so it is now stuck to look like a Police Box (some kind of telephone booth to call the police that they had in England back in the fifties. Of course it is much larger on the inside than what it looks like from the outside.

The doctor usually has a human companion to travel with him (mostly a hot chick) although he never has intimate relations with anybody.
They travel around places in time and space and have to save the universe (or at least a planet) in every episode, their adversaries being such trashy Sci-Fi characters as the Dalek or the Cybermen (typical 50's 60's sheet metal type robot "aliens").

The series lives from the cool character that is the Doctor (they can't just take every actor for that role, the two I've seen were fantastic). Oh by the way, when the doctor is deadly wounded he can heal himself, but in effect looks totally different afterwards. Nice feature so they can change actors every few years or so!

Russel T. Davies (the current producer and also writer) said in an interview that he always loved Doctor Who as a kid, and he wanted to re-animate that show, only better, so it could be as good as it should always have been.
I think he managed to do that, the special effects and stuff are really up to date and well done, the look is now high class as well as the writing and most of the acting. Only the theme and the stories stay so hilariously trash-SciFi that you just have to watch it.