Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Terrifying Trip

• Auteur de la discussion matt_byer
  • Date de début
M

matt_byer

Invité
I see that most of the bad trip stories here seem to be people who have their rooms melt and stuff but not so many stories about actual dissociation. My trip however was intense and vivid dreamlike hallucination that seemed to last for hours if not days. This was not my 1st time smoking salvia but previously i had experienced nothing more than giggles and a body buzz. So not even thinking twice i packed myself an entire bowl in my bong, about 3/4 of a gram of 40x and smoked it in my garage holding in the smoke for as long as i could. I put the bong down and walked in my house, and after walking like 20 feet i literally collapsed onto the floor and into a terrifying trip. I tried to remind myself that i had smoked salvia and the effects would be short lived but it was no use. I felt myself sink back into my head and being rapidly twisted and pivoted through a slideshow of surfaces and patterns, almost like an infinite, twisting, rotating gear with each tooth as a completley different set of images and senses. i was trapped and i could feel myself getting exponentially father from the reality where i began and was positive that this feeling would never end. After what seemed like an infinity of sheer terror i gradually gained a sense of my surroundings and managed to get to a corner, to my feet and to a chair where i sat til i was back to normal. i was drenched in sweat and was in my chair for a minute or two before i could make any kind of vocal noise or swallow although i had full feeling in my mouth. I would describe this trip as not only my most intense psychedelic experience but also the first time ive felt what i can only describe as pure, unadulterated fear. ive used other psychedelic drugs (mushrooms, lsd, peyote, foxies) quite often but nothing prepared me for this.

This happened about 2 weeks ago and although hesitant to smoke it again i was intrigued by some of the things id seen, so unable to ignore i any longer today i smoked a small bowl in my pipe hoping for perhaps some milder hallucination. i exhaled and sat on my bed, and i immediately felt myself on the edge of an identical trip and sat there praying i hadnt smoked enough to hallucinate. the feelings peaked after a minute or two and i was fine.

i was just wondering if anyone else had maybe tripped out hard like that but was still able to smoke it in the future or if i should give it up and stick to acid

G

Invité
The salvia always do me stuff like that.

Fear and forget i'm a living entity when i'm totally hit. It's like death, that's what's interesting.

And i use 5x :)

I've found this somwhere :

The Splitting of Representation and Referent Layers
Salvia divinorum causes metaperception, which is the tangible perception of the layer of mental constructs that is the only thing directly presented to awareness. In the dissociative state, the vantage-point of awareness is raised, or stepped back a level, resulting in perceiving the cognitive workings of mental-construct processing and perception itself.

Mental constructs that are usually tightly associated separate from each other. The mental representation of each item also perceptibly separates from the represented referent; representations split into two perceptibly distinct layers. The representation layer is present to awareness like a tangible painting, while the referent layer is a remote, speculative realm that is pointed to but is perceptually absent, like a foreign country one has never directly seen (Hoffman 1996).

A person lives their entire subjectively experienced life inside a simulation that their own mind produces by presenting mental constructs to awareness. In metaperception, personal control-power and personal movement through space and time appear as synthetic mental constructs.

The Moving Control-Agent as Mental Construct
In the ordinary cognitive state, the mind generates the sensation of being an autonomous egoic agent wielding cross-time control-power while moving through time and space; this sensation is a projected, constructed, synthetic image and perspective.

The ego-entity exists as a real set of patterns and dynamics spread across time, but the ego is not solid, continuous, or autonomously powerful in the way the mind originally imagines. The self exists as a mental construct in the form of a time-slice series. This mental construct exists both as the entire series and as individual time-slices, with the continuant agent’s motion and control-power mentally projected from within each time-slice.

Seeing the illusory aspects of mental representation of oneself, and feeling static spacetime unity in the absence of the accustomed sense of personal solidity, can be experienced as death. This death-experience is the ending of personal existence, because the egoic-mode mind identifies one’s existence with the projected image and sensation of the moving continuant agent and its control-power.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Hi Matt,

Don't put yourself on a pedastle here - there are many accounts of terrifying trips on this site, and abroad - its a risk with all psychodelics. I'm glad you were lucky enough for it to happen on Salvia and the psychoactive part was short lived! :wink:

I've gotten quite a few emails lately from people having bad trips and I think I've helped them out... but to keep it short and sweet I'll give you some advice, but the strongest advice is stick around, talk to us, and learn about it (and don't do any psychodelics for a while).

Here's so you can relate, and everyone on here has heard my story a million times, but I had a horrific trip on mushrooms a few years back. I was alone, and it was very late - much later than I have ever stayed up before in my life. It started out ok, but as things progressed I realized what I had gotten my mind into, and slowly started to descend into paranoia, anxiety, and panic. I was pacing my room, literally attempting to pull my hair out, flashes of scenes of death, my brain being splattered on a wall, feeling my brain being splattered on a wall, pacing, pacing, trying to puke, trying to cope, thinking I was dieing, thinking everyone knew I was stupid, etc... 6 hours of that is a hefty deal!

since then my trips tend to gravitate towards the thoughts I had on that trip. Salvia brought it to a level where I was so freightened I just didn't care anymore. I realized fearing this didn't even matter - the trip I had on salvia was agonizing, but it numbed my weakness to fear somewhat.

Enough relating, now some advice; don't do anything for some time. When you do another pyschedelic , the trip you had was so strong it will inevitably be on your mind the next time you inhale or ingest any entheogens. You will inevitably have to face the same trip again. . . All you felt was fear, and really, it wasn't warranted. Alot of the fearful "bad" trips we all get once in a while are simply a feeling - they have no place in the external world. They can terrify and horrify, but the reality is, that is all they are, and that is all they can be. There will be no manifestation of this negativity into the real world, and nothing has changed outside of your mind after having such a trip - this is important to understand!

I have not tripped in a while, so my advice may not resonate very well with you, but stick around, read, and learn from us, but most of all - from yourself. Good luck Matt! :)

M

matt_byer

Invité
thanks guys thats good advice, the metaperception quote is good thats exactly what i experienced

G

Invité
I've written about it but it's in french.

I guess some people, like me, want absolutly to try to define this effect and to know if other people have felt it this way.

Yes, reality is tricky :)

P

psychedalex

Invité
I Have been curiously experimenting with Salvia for about a year and my first trip was very similar.
I took a bowl full of 80x salvia and instantly felt as if I were pulled out of this world and awoke in a new "reality" and in that "reality" I was being told by a women's voice in the sky that it was all a joke and this place I had awakened in was my new "reality," as I lay stuck to a grassy hill.
As I started to accept this new "reality" a sudden burst of doubt came about me and I was immediately yanked into an assembly line of people, but all those people were me.
Then out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of a person that I thought I'd recognized.

Then, Bam, consciousness returned and I was no longer in that mysterious salvia setting but back in my original setting. I was aware of my surroundings but did not recognize anything. I had no idea who I was or who my roommates were. I ran to the bathroom (I believe on natural instinct) and drank some water, after a few minutes of being a clueless human stripped to the complete core I soon began to realize everything and it all came back to me in a wave. I had smoked salvia, this was my apartment, I was ok.
I'll never regret that trip but i do remember the overwhelming fear I felt the whole time.
Over the last year Ive been experimenting with different methods and doses for us to enjoy this beautiful plant the earth has given us instead of fearing it and feel that I have been successful in doing so.
Ive tripped with a lot of psychs, and to this day I still believe that Salvia is the most alien psychedelic experience I've had, but i encourage anyone to be sound minded and curious about this mysterious plant among us.

* My recommended dosage and method for anyone curious about broadening there experience with salvia is to roll a joint with 70% marijuana and the other 30% Salvia (prefferably an extract under 20x) hold every hit in as long as you can, between 15 and 30 seconds. Note the change in perception and the clamminess your body will begin to feel. the more you begin to feel comfortable with these sensations, lower the percentage of marijuana and replace with more Salvia.

G

Invité
psychedalex a dit:
* My recommended dosage and method for anyone curious about broadening there experience with salvia is to roll a joint with 70% marijuana and the other 30% Salvia (prefferably an extract under 20x) hold every hit in as long as you can, between 15 and 30 seconds. Note the change in perception and the clamminess your body will begin to feel. the more you begin to feel comfortable with these sensations, lower the percentage of marijuana and replace with more Salvia.

The heat in a joint is not strong enough to vaporise the salvinorin correctly, it's a waste. The most efficient way to smoke salvia is in a bong.

The experiment is disturbing enough to not complicate it with cannabis.