Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Ten things you should think of when trying psychedelics.

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
magickmumu a dit:
FluidDruid a dit:
6. Trip alone (If using it as an entheogen).

Why ?

Hopefully not dethreading the thread here.. :D . I can't answer for FluidDruid, but I generally like tripping alone. Closed-eye trips especially, you just can't do that in a social situation unless those around you are ok with it. It can be a bit irritating when I actually have some issue I want to think about or deal with, or some amazing sort of closed-eye or other visual experience and others pull me out of it. It takes time to get to some places that you just can't get to if you only can stop for a few minutes at a time and then onto the next thing. Also I find solo tripping far, far more visual, it gives you time for your senses and imagination to react/feed back (if that makes any sense).

But quite honestly I really like tripping with others too sometimes, I've discovered I need to do both. I initially found social trips really difficult and challenging so I started to explore why I found them so difficult. And actually it gave me some insights into how i relate to, trust and deal with others. Making art and music with others on a trip--there's nothing else like it in the world--the level of deep communication you enter in this state. Also, psychedelic conversations, especially on a long acid trip get to be pretty funny, ridiculous after a while. Like massive quantities of sensory and memory information trying to fudge its way out through a small sieve and out comes a few ridiculous simple fragments of sentences!

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^well said.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
magickmumu a dit:

I thought it was a good question! It's something I've often thought about.. my first trip was in a social setting and I had such a hard time.

I'm also curious what arimane meant by metathinking...

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
^ I think it refers to thinking that you're thinking, how are you thinking, and the broad ramifications it has.

Spores

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Sept 2008
-Think happy thoughts

"I am loved, All is well"
"I am grounded, i am humble, i am one with everything"
etc etc etc

-read some Rumi (or other spiritual love based poetry)

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
Psyolopher a dit:
arimane a dit:
stop metathinking
What do you mean by metathinking?

thinking about what are whinking about - and sometimes also thinking about what you're thinking about what you're thinking about-.

is a way of going out from the experience and try to analise what are you doing,and thinking.At my first trips was always bringing me really strong headache

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Spores a dit:
"I am grounded, i am humble, i am one with everything"

Kimya Dawson?

Saw her live in Paradiso this summer, this song stuck in my mind since then.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Even when it seems like this time you've taken too much and you feel you'll never come out of this one sane and alive: It's not true!!
It's sometimes hard to believe when you're tripping really hard, but it has always been true - even bad trips do end after a few hours.

Djones

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Nov 2006
arimane a dit:
Psyolopher a dit:
arimane a dit:
stop metathinking
What do you mean by metathinking?

thinking about what are whinking about - and sometimes also thinking about what you're thinking about what you're thinking about-.

is a way of going out from the experience and try to analise what are you doing,and thinking.At my first trips was always bringing me really strong headache

This happens a lot to me.
Is there a way of stopping yourself from thinking about thinking and so on..?
It really annoys me :?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Why would one want to stop meta-thinking? Thinking about thinking or other forms of going to a higher level of structure in systems is what separates us from computers.

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
Djones a dit:
It really annoys me

That, is a very good reason for you to try it more often.

If you do it long enough, the chain: thinking that you're thinking that you're thinking that you're thinking; you'll end up with a huge tentacle with which you can whip yourself silly into spaceflight.

then again: "I. Ignore X, Y, and Z, every other proposal on this topic and everything I've said"

you can just: "X. Be quiet "

then again: "I. Ignore X, Y, and Z, every other proposal on this topic and everything I've said"

now I'm the one confused... :confused:

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
Meduzz a dit:
Why would one want to stop meta-thinking? Thinking about thinking or other forms of going to a higher level of structure in systems is what separates us from computers.
the opposite.We can live,feel,and gather what an experience can give us.
The metathinking is an alienating process, you are getting away from an experience that should,in my point of view, fully lived and then,later,analized.

Destroy the words and the simbolic process of compressing and understanding the word and ourselves,that's what i've learned and i'm tryng to do when i use drugs.

Hope is in a understandable english,i've done the best i can

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Understanding yourself requires meta-thinking.
Destroying symbols and words requires meta-linguistics.

The metathinking is an alienating process
You're meta-meta-thinking

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
Meduzz a dit:
Understanding yourself requires meta-thinking.
Destroying symbols and words requires meta-linguistics.

The metathinking is an alienating process
You're meta-meta-thinking

yes,and i'm not on trip.Now i like to whing,develop,integrate in my life at any level i can-is it intelectual,physical,whatever-,when i'm explorating with some drug i don't like to make it,it seems to me like making resistance,don't let myself just get in the deep of the experience.

Djones

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Nov 2006
Metathinking really drives me nuts some times.

The last time, I knew I wasn't understanding something, but what that something was??? :roll: :?:

So then I would make a situation in my head where I tell myself that I do perfectly understand that there's something I do not understand.

Yes, I now I understand that there's something I don't understand, correct??

Uh, yeah, I understand that I just made clear to myself that I understand that I'm not understanding something.

That's what I understand, yes.

And I also understand that after the trip, I will understand, what I'm not understanding NOW.

Then I think, what does 'understand' mean?

I don't know!!

I don't get it, weird, hmm!?

But if I don't understand what the word 'understand' means, then how can I even say I don't understand, what I'm not understanding?

And this just goes on and on and on.

Also, I was trying to picture myself, like what am I doing here?
How do others see me?
And I just couldn't figure a way of really picturing myself in my head as I was just wondering how I presented myself from a sober perspective.

So I was trying to imagine a sober person in my head, and to imagine I'm looking thru that person's eyes from a sober perspective.

But I just couldn't figure it out!

Really frustrating.

At moments, I just had to give up and try to focus on the music (Kindzadza LIVE!!!!!! :D ), and really push those thoughts out of me, which felt like an intense struggle in my stomach.
Almost psychially uncomfortable.

Very frustrating, they whole thing.
Never really enjoyed my time then.