Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Synthisis of DMT

gamaxray

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Fev 2009
So I just got this idea. What about taking tryptamine and using Tryptamine N-methyltransferase enzymes to attach 2 methyl groups to the tryptamine. I really dont know how hard this would be to achieve or how difficult it is to get the materials. Just an Idea. What do you think?

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
its pretty silly,
why waste time deriving the tryptamine when you can extract PURE NN-DMT anywhere in nature?

*edit sounds harsh and i don't mean to demean your idea but dmt extraction is a simple process, synthesizing it would be really funny, especially if someone thought they had to do it that way.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I personally like the idea of synthesizing it. The direct outcome of cutting down the brazillian and south american rain forests for a day of introspection seems at times not worth it. I do not like the fact that someone is out there chopping down heaven trees for stupid americans like me to buy over the internet with a credit card...

I wish phalaris was more consistent :wink:

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
well yea. its not just in trees but yea the rootbark is the easiest way. im sure thats a nice change for the brazilians and their neighbors than fueling the columbian drug cartels

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
Do your research before saying things like the rainforest is being cut down for psychonautic use of mimosa....

Mimosa is not from the rain forest, it is from the dry north-east of brazil, in a savana-like environment, and mimosa is a shrub/tree that is mainly cut down for making fences and firewood. The psychonautic use is very small compared to the use for firewood and fence-making, and one can harvest roots sustainably (for dmt extraction) while for wood they cut the trunk, so the tree dies.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Right, I would still feel better growing it myself. Much the same I would rather grow my own food...

I just don't like the thought of consumerism through other countries in general.

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
This I agree very much! :)

I just dont take it to the extreme.. I think its very important to try to buy local/grow your own of whatever we consume, as it is much more sustainable, but some things are just not possible (for example the computers we are all using to read this have most or all of their parts made in china... nothing we can do about that, I wish I could buy a fully locally produced computer)