Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Sprouted Seeds - enough?

mmv

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Mai 2007
I had 6 seeds to germinate, using the classic method (i put them between 2 sheets of wet paper towel for 3 days, at a constant 27 degrees temeperature). After 3 days, the've sprouted uneven. I mean, some have really lonh roots, others have just like half a centimeter root. Should i plant the small rooted seeds in soil aswell? Or should i let them to germinate further, until they grow a longer more solid root?

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
I follow the advice of a Dutch reggae song from the 80s called 'Nederwiet': "Don't bother with germinatiing, just put the seeds in the earth. The plant knows when it's time to come up, so don't worry, all will be fine, that will become beautifullllll.............Netherweedaweedaweed..." (Well, the translation kinda sucks, but you get the idea.)

I got ten seeds of Nirvana a few weeks ago, and they have all come up. :)
More sunshine please!

skoeip

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
Hell YEAH!!! doe maar is great :P but I like luie hond better :P

mmv

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Mai 2007
hehe. a bit late, but thanks for the reply :)
I already put the sprouted seeds in the soil. So there's nothing more i can do.
And i remembered another great quote about weed: "Why do you think it's called WEED? because it grows EVERYWHERE" hehe :)
May the Weed Spirit be with me!
BooOom!

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
How's it going mmv?

Does anyone know when it's too late to start outdoor growing? I planted my seeds in the middle of May, and right now the plants are still rather small. Here are some pics.
PICT0007-3.jpg

PICT0005-4.jpg

PICT0003-2.jpg

PICT0006-4.jpg

mmv

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Mai 2007
It's going pretty well. Only 3 out of the 6 sprouted seeds came out the soil :(
But those 3 are developing REALLY well.
I think you hurried up with planting them in the big pots..
The idea is to keep the plant for 3-4 weeks in a small pot (10 cm high), so that the root reaches the base of the pot, and it stops growing! if this doesn't happen, then the plant will grow too much in the soil (th root will keep growing further and further), while the part of the plant with the leaves won't grow that much.. But it's not a tragedy. Remember weed is a natural plant.. that's been growing in the soil for ages, with none to put it first in small pots.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
i find it a nice view how you removed those tiles :)
you made a nice hole in the concrete layer of a city and put some wonderful plants in it 8)

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
while the part of the plant with the leaves won't grow that much.
Ah, now I understand. Well, all of them were in small pots for two or three weeks. Next time I'll wait a little longer. I still have three plants in medium sized pots (25 cm high).

I guess since my plants have been so busy developing roots, they will grow much faster once their roots have reached the bottom of these big pots? Big roots = rapid growth?

mmv

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Mai 2007
:)
i dont know about that, but probably yeah. they will stronger and healthier. dont worry, im sure they'll be fine.

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
i find it a nice view how you removed those tiles
you made a nice hole in the concrete layer of a city and put some wonderful plants in it

I often catch myself just touching plants when I walk by front gardens in the city.. I usually do this pretty low profile, but it has happened a few times that people saw me do this and had a confused look on their face :)

Sometimes, in old cities, trees can get big enough to rip open the street with their trunk and roots. That really puts a smile on my face.. :)

Imagine what 1000 yrs would do to a city when left unattended.

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
You're right phalaris.
For me nature is the most beautifull art. Especially when you trip in nature you really get respect for it. So let them get rid of all those statues and all other useless buildings so we have more room for life!

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
A few weeks ago they put grass all over Trafalgar Square. You know, regular grass. :) And it looked SO NICE!!! But it was just for some kind of event, and after two days, they took the grass away again. :(

Translation below.

dirk_en_desiree-graskrabben.jpg

Dirk: "Hey neighbour! Lost a contact lense?"

Neighbour: "No mr. Ringthebelltwice, I'm removing the grass from between the tiles."

Dirk: "But on a Sunday afternoon like this you could also lie down on the couch, go to the bar, jack off 30 times, polish all your shoes, and you decide to remove the grass from between the tiles?"

Neighbour: "Yes, that way our pavement looks neat again."

Dirk: "But why are you removing the grass on my part of the pavement?"

Neighbour: "Because that's polite. I am a nice neighbour."

Dirk: "Yes, but we think grass between our tiles looks really beautiful!! We love nature!! Especially grass!!"

Neighbour: "Okay, okay, fine, I'll quit."

Dirk: "No! Put it back!"

Neighbour: "You're not expecting me to put these blades of grass back do you?"

Dirk: "Otherwise I'm calling the cops!"

Desiree: "What is our neighbour doing?"

Dirk: "He's putting blades of grass between our tiles again."

Desiree: "But that doesn't look neat does it?"

Dirk: "Shhhh!!!"

Neighbour: "I hate this Sunday!"

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
hell yeah !! great cartoon !

..I don't like to stereotype people..

..but removing the grass from between the tiles looks nicer when 'they' wash 'their' polished cars on sundays :)

autowassen1.JPG

see what I mean ? :wink:

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
(comment to plant pictures)

AAAAAAWWWWW the're sooo cute! have they gotten bigger? i bet they did

one last thing that vine growing near MJ....is that Ipomoea? cause the leafs sure look similar :)