Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

So is this actually Caapi sprouting or some kind of moss ?

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
hey all,

I got some living pieces of Caapi a few weeks ago and I decided to put them into a rich potting soil in a hot and humid environment. Low and behold, since yesterday growth is visible on one of them. Picture below.

What do you guys think, I'm not an expert but does this look like some rain forest moss? It's stuck to the Caapi branch and it looks like its growing out of it and not on it.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
its not moss - moss looks like a green fungus at its earliest stages.

Mr.Smith

Banni
Inscrit
28 Jan 2009
could be an epiphyte, maybe an epiphytic cactus

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Cacti sprouting on a rainforest vine? Could be, I won't argue with it ;)

Anyway, here's some updated pic. Also the second vine started to sprout as well.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I am so building a greenhouse when possible.

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
that second one's sprouts look like my caapi seedlings so thats caapi, the first one doesn't really looks like caapi to me but plants sometimes surprise us and decide to grow in strange way's :p

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Turns out to be NOT some jungle cactus after all ;)

the first one doesn't really looks like caapi to me but plants sometimes surprise us and decide to grow in strange way's

Indeed :D

Btw notice the new roots going down kind of abandoning the sinking ship.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
The roots are typical for epiphytes, as they are not parasites. Some epiphytes are called "strangling epiphytes" because of all the roots, but they don't harm the "host".

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Meduzz a dit:
The roots are typical for epiphytes, as they are not parasites. Some epiphytes are called "strangling epiphytes" because of all the roots, but they don't harm the "host".

Maybe there are epiphytes and caapi growing in that spot :)

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
damn thats some nice new growth :D

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Well I think there cannot be any debate anymore as of what this new growth is, it's definitaly Caapi, and a lot of it :)

I have started to supply fertilizer a few days ago and although a lot of leafes are still too light, it's already better than a couple of days ago.