Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Sitting (Tomorrow?)

Danielise

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juin 2010
I have a friend that wants to try LSD. She said she had been doing a lot of research on it and thought it would help open her mind. I wholeheartedly agree that it has the potential to do so, but at the same time, there is a ton of unknown associated with any trip, no matter how experienced you are. I just tripped in August and June, so I told her I can't participate, but I can sit with her for her first try.

I have a few concerns. One, I've never "sat" before, so I'm wondering about some feedback experience of sitting or having a sitter. I'm also nervous about the timing, but I feel terrible canceling; I'm nervous I'll project some of my own stress into her (related to the college app process, ugh). In addition, we're not very close friends - haven't hung out too much together, but we have talked a good deal. Another concern which is probably an exclusive concern to my age group is: what do I tell my parents I'm doing at 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in a different town with someone they don't really know? lol, not sure if that one can be solved. I'm thinking I should admit to her that it's better if we just hang out a few hours tomorrow and then trip sometime in November... or maybe just give her the acid to try out on her own? Also, she was in a rehab day program for drugs for a few months, so I'm not sure if the acid would help or exacerbate any of that (based on what I know, probably the former.)

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
you said it yourself, you hardly know her... why waste your time feeling bad about wanting to cancel? i think you guys should definitely hang out some more before you even BEGIN CONSIDERING tripping together. tripping with someone that you don't have a track record with AT ALL is really foolish in my opinion.

also, something paramount to consider, you said she came out of rehab, you have no idea what circumstances could have led up to her being there. she could really have alot of problems with addiction (not just to one drug, or drugs, but easily addicted to anything is the personality trait) so exposing her to a even (and especially) a low dose of psychedelics looks really bad on paper right now.

who knows, it could sincerely be something that she wants to put behind her in order to grow as a person and develope spiritually, however, it seems that, at this point, you aren't qualified enough to be able to make that call, so that's why i would hope that you put this off until a later date wherein you would have already gotten to know her a bit better, at least to the point where you think you might know whether or not it would benefit her personally.

if you simply don't know, then dont try to play like you do. psychedelics have the equal potential to ruin lives, or save them. it's all the circumstances around how they're used. consider that

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Heyyyy we're in the same boat. Friend wants to try DMT, but I've tripped with him before - but very weak psilocybin doses.

Here is my view on the subject.

I've "sat" a fair share of people - some I know can handle the substances, some I only met on the occasion that I sat (given this was DMT - not a 6-8 hour duration).

The idea with sitting is that you have to be comfortable and be able to provide comfort for the tripper. This is the main and really only reason for sitting. If either of these conditions can't be made or are questionable the whole purpose is defeated!

If you have a reasonable, logical trust in this person then I would say this would be possibly ok. If you have doubts (which I see you are having) I would say this isn't a good idea at all...

What is important in sitting is that you are going to be projecting yourself on their trip - everytime they make a statement during their trip and want a reply, you are going to be affecting where their trip goes. In this way you have to have a great confidence in your ability to control the situation for the better. You have to openly admit to this person that you want to better them from this trip.

What are you ladies going to be doing, and where? Do you really have the time commitment to go all the way through with this? Do you have real doubts about this person's ability to handle themselves? Do you have doubts about handeling the situation yourself, if the tripper starts to go down the wrong path?

If you can answer these questions positively and confidently I would say ok.

In my experience I've had one bad trip while I sat someone. It was my fault and I led the person into a very negative mind set. I projected my nervousness onto him, and he payed heavily for it. I will never go into that situation again...

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
I rarely put it this simply but:

Someone who is out of rehab should be seriously concerned with life-altering decisions. I'm not saying it's impossible to have a positive meaningful trip, I'm saying given the age, the inferred mental state, and the weak relationship, there is little chance of it going well. As a secondary issue, someone coming out of rehab, although they have completed the program, may still be in "drug" mode, where they would treat the experience as an escape rather than an inward reflection. Seriously, if you have little invested in your friendship, I'd say wait until November if not later.

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
Hey Danielise, I want to say it would be a very powerful learning curve, and experience, for you to do this for your friend. It is something I personally would like to encourage more and more in the psychedelic community to do---To become very responsible for each other, and realize that psychedelic experience is far deeper than just some recreational buzz.

In a recreational set and setting stuff may come up that can be seen to be 'uncool' and ruining the 'buzz'---and that to me goes against the healing nature of entheogens. In indigenous traditions entheogens are usually taken VERY seriously. I am not saying you can't have fun, and no doubt there will be fun in a 'serious' session, but also to take this seriously and be there for people when uncomfortable stuff will arise---That said, I found this article the other day that should be good info for you
RITES OF PASSAGE PROJECT

Danielise

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juin 2010
Thanks to all of you for your input. And great link! I ended up not sitting her - I gave her the acid and she did it herself... didn't seem like too much of an enlightening experience (but my first lsd trip wasn't either in all honesty) but she did send me a hilarious picture of an apple with a nutella moustache..interesting. Hope it wasn't a waste for her though :/

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
Danielise a dit:
Thanks to all of you for your input. And great link! I ended up not sitting her - I gave her the acid and she did it herself... didn't seem like too much of an enlightening experience (but my first lsd trip wasn't either in all honesty) but she did send me a hilarious picture of an apple with a nutella moustache..interesting. Hope it wasn't a waste for her though :/

LOL OMG they dont make acid like they used to :lol: