Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Shroom tea 1st time: how much?

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Now I see what you mean. It's up to me to feel it :)

and BTW-I got the shrooms (dried).I have no clue how many grams are there (no scales).Yeah I'm a jackass I know. Anyway, you roughest weight estimations? The largest shroom on the right is 15cm long.
http://yy.lv/download.php?f=63954<-pic of shrooms, click download. This is home-grown psilocybe cubensis, B+ strain.

Lion

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Take half off it and pulverize it.
I think it's around 1.8 gr.

Yanosh

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Sept 2006
Forkbender a dit:
If you take acid, the whole thing is pretty much under control. You are in control of the way the trip evolves. If you take shrooms, you are in the hands of the plants. You will not decide which holes to dig in your psyche, the shrooms will and you will have to go along. So there's a risk involved: you are out of control and you need to trust the shrooms and accept where they are taking you. Of course one can go bad on acid, but it's more of your own making, then. Get my point?

8) Ahahah I think I will get acid really soon, cause the only hard times I knew with shrooms is when they've driven me somewhere unconfortable (we all have situations that we don't appreciate to handle, particullary when on shrooms)
By the way, this particularity of shrooms allows you to clean your innerself and then go forward (I mean, not stay stuck with things, you're taken "by force" in the way where you can start resolve them) - I don't say shrooms resolve anything, but they sometimes drop you in the arena :lol: and then you go :D

izmar

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Déc 2004
In my mind, after speaking with many users and a modest amount of bio-essays on myself, I have concluded that it is hard to pin down the effects of any psychedelic substance, especially when talking about details such as the degree of control over the mind one can attain or lose during the trip.

As a matter of fact, I can experience loss of control during mushrooms, LSD and DMT. Nevertheless I can also experience no change in the degree of control over my mind, even during peak experiences on all these substances and more. On still other occasions, my degree of control finds itself to be extremely sharp and improved, which I've experienced on the aforementioned substances various times.

Unless I'm talking with friends or people who know me and will come back when they have more questions, I tend to prefer to give the more classic descriptions when somebody asks about the effects of psychedelics, such as "they are capable of acting as non-specific amplifiers and catalysts of mental processes". Books like "Anti-podes of the mind" by B. Shanon on the effects of ayahuasca and "LSD psychotherapy" by Stanislav Grof are, in my humble opinion, very scientific and exact about the effects of the substances in question, while still retaining a high degree of respect for the spiritual side of things, as well as other phenomena that conventional science has problems accepting.

izmar

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Déc 2004
On another note; I typically strongly disrecommend mushroom tea to beginning explorers. Usually it is not much of a problem, but I think a psychedelic experience can offer enough things to keep you pondering just the way they are.

Making mushrooms into a tea and gulping the tea down in one go, is, as far as I'm aware, one of the ways of getting a peak experience as quickly as possible after ingestion. This is certainly not something I would recommend to somebody who would most likely take his or her time to get used to the effects.

Obviously drinking the tea slowly (spread out over 15 - 30 minutes) should help in getting back the original dynamics of eating mushrooms, which typically involves a period of at least 30 minutes, though usually closer to 45 - 60, before a peak experience is reached. Drinking the tea very quickly on an empty stomach gets me peaking sometimes as fast as 15 minutes, never more than 30 minutes, especially when I also wash the inside of my mouth thoroughly with the tea before swallowing it.

Considering the fact that some people around 50kg bodyweight can experience a complete cycle of catharsis after eating 15 grams of fresh Psilocybe cubensis on a full stomach (which I've witnessed personally 3 times), recommending mushroom tea or talking about it as if it's the same as eating mushrooms but just without the nasty taste, is not really my cup of tea.

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
In the first post you said you can easily take large amounts of other psychedelics, but then you say something like 500 morning glory seeds or 2 paper trips. I think the paper trips you got aren't very strong. I tried an LSA extract (full extraction process) from 450 morning glory seeds once and the trip wasn't even medium. In my opinion I would have needed the double dose to have something I'd call "medium strong" or maybe strong.

When I was younger I always used small amounts of LSD and shrooms and used to go out and party - it wasn't the right drug for that. Now I go on journeys with shrooms - that means I take 6 grams and up in a cup of cocoa. These trips are real trips, not just a little funny feeling, but you can't go out and party. On such a really strong trip there will be times when you can't even get up and where even a silent and dark room will appear too loud and too bright for you ;)

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Wow! Thanks a lot for the feedback on this subject. But what do you think about the weight of these shrooms? I haven't got any opportunity to find it out(( :?

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Well....it turned out that I consumed ALL these shrooms (which were told to be a good dose for 3-4 people) by myself.And it WAS hell.
I ate them with hot lemon jiuce and chocolate.Shrooms started to work in 10 minutes or so-I realised this when these "fractal patterns" appeared.
After consuming this enormous amount I went to my girlfriend. During the first two hours the trip was bearable, but then things got weird.
Well it's very hard to describe.The first thing to open this truly diabolical trip was the constant feeling of "de ja vu". I looked at different objects and it felt like I had previously seen them in the exact places.Everything I or my girlfriend said looked "repeated". Then the true hell started. I walked into the room and saw..myself,talking to my girlfriend. Then I entered another room and saw the same thing. Thus, whereever I went, I saw us talking, but in the each room time was running differently. I felt like I got into the "space-time" gap and was no more connected with the reality. Then I fell into a complete trance.
During this stage I was floating in some kind of "astral", feeling absolutely dissociated and "out of this world". At this moment of the trip I realised a very important thing. In short, every person should have the aim , or, put in another way, the way to follow. If not, he will be completely lost in the chaotic space, being unable to "tie" himself to the reality.
I became conscious after six hours since I had consumed the shrooms and felt ok. The next day was absolutely fine. Physically, it is.
I have learned the following things
1.Timetravelling IS possible
2.There ARE another worlds which exist parralel to out universe
3.This amount of shrooms is waaay to much for the comfortable trip. During those two hours when I was in the trance, the feeling of dissociation and hopelesness was extremely strong and unpleasant. I was actually seeking for something serious, but definitely wasn't prepared for such a hell. However, this one was a very educative trip; I'm glad I've done this.