Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Salvia in Vaporizer?

parabel

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Oct 2005
Does Salvia also 'work' in a vaporizer?
I've heard that it wouldn't work well because some vaporizers don't reach the temperatures salvia needs to vaporize.

Has someone already tried it in a vaporizer?
And do you know if it works with *******' Handy Vaporizer?
http://www.*******.net/product1___handy_vaporizer.html

Thanks!

lucasdr

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Sept 2005
You need to get to 240 °C. Maybe with a butane torch lighter and the handy vaporizer.
A 'normal' vaporizer has to get to 200 °C to let the THC evaporate, so a butane torch lighter will probably do the trick..

Sansky

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Jan 2002
Hi,
Well I never heared good stories about salvia in a vaporizer. :confused: So I don't think it really works that good. Better is just to smoke is in a small pipe. And fly high!!

lucasdr

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Sept 2005
Hi,
Well I never heared good stories about salvia in a vaporizer. :confused: So I don't think it really works that good. Better is just to smoke is in a small pipe. And fly high!!
Well, using it in combination with the Handy vaporizer won't harm, because you can still smoke the Salvia if it didn't work. If you're going to do that, make sure that you heat it long enough...

speedball

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
If you get a 12V soldering iron (for use from car batteries), and replace the soldering bit with a metal bowl (attached to a piece of brass/copper the same shape as the soldering bit), you can produce the working basis of a variable temp control by using it with a variable voltage transformer (plug in power supplies).

Put it in a casing to trap the vapour before inhaling down a tube, and all you have to do is keep upping the voltage until you start to feel an effect.

DiViNe

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Déc 2005
It'll work in a vaporizer! I think the effect is much higher with the vaporizer so be carfull...

plantguardian

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Déc 2005
The time I tried Salvia, took a week or so to get here in the mail, it was about an ounce of freshly dried leaves from a friend of mine in the UK and I chopped up a few leaves with a small set of sissors until they looked like shredded cigarette tobacco. Then I loosely packed some in a medium sized bowl and torched it like it was a bowl of tobacco (it even tasted kinda like a mellow tobacco, which was surprizing). I got 3-4 good tokes, held 'em in for 30 seconds or so, let the hit out and toked on the pipe again, applying flame as I inhaled... I closed my eyes for a minute or so, no visuals, just merely interesting trains of thought... opened my eyes in my quiet, dimly lit living room and everything looked the same as always. S-o-o-o-o-o, I repacked the bowl and repeated the process again, with the same results... a pleasant philosophical buzz that lasted for a couple minutes and that was it... very disappointing, especially since I was expecting something at least resembling tripping on shrooms or acid... like enhanced colors, distorted sounds, time displacement, trails, something... but maybe I just needed a hotter flame. I don't know. :roll:
I'm just glad it was a freebie... if I'd have paid for it I'd have been really disappointed. :lol:

plantguardian

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Déc 2005
I'd try salvia again, but I certainly wouldn't expect any world changing insights from it in a vaporizer... I think it requires a hot flame like one of those torch lighters like crack-heads use. I could be wrong, but a regular Bic Lighter on a couple bowls of good, fresh salvia leaves from a friend of mine gave disappointing results... he said I needed a hotter flame. :(