Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

question about peyote

MagicBrad

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Avr 2013
Your peyote is fine. It is the Caespitosa variation and they tend to look like that. I would dry her out just to make sure she has no root rot.

Magick.

Nur*

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Août 2012
I guess the pot must be taller than large, as are plants with taproot .... plastic or clay, you decide, I prefer the clay because it is more breathable ... About a glass pot, I don't know, I've never used, but from your photos it appears to be glazed ceramic pot ... I don't know if go well....maybe it's good....
I hope I was helpful;)

gopener

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Juin 2013
Thanks for the input MagicBrad.By the way can anyone estimate there age?The pot is around 7 cm.

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
I have now decided to buy some seeds, so I got 50 from a website and put them in 3 pots in a propagator try and taped the edges to keep the humidity hight. Bit gutted we have lost the hot weather for a few days was hoping to keep it outside in my green house but its like only 15 degrees C so keeping them on windowsil where its about 22 degrees C I would up load a photo but nothing to see at the moment the sed just blend in with the moist soil once they have germinated should be able to see them and then i will upload a photo.

mcr

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Oct 2012
It should be 5 years, i guess. I've one that has the same size.

gopener

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Juin 2013
I make some research on internet about the discolouration of my peyote and i didnt found other clusters with that looks..Any idea?
Is sure normal?

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
To be honest it looks ok, the white-ish huw looks like the wax on the surface if it gets lots of light they seem to produce more wax. I'll upload a photo of mine.

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
oh the irony just after sowing my bought seeds my bigger peyote is budding again and a new flower should pop out in about a week. Think I will put it out side when its does flower so the bees can get at it maybe they still need bugs to self pollinate hopefully this flower will produce a fruit or maybe Nur* was right and the seeds do wait for the next season.

gopener

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Juin 2013
I use mix for cactus as a medium.I have transplant it in another pot for 4 days.I will rewatter in total 2 weeks from transplant.So it is not take much water (for now).
I have it inside in a not sunny place in front a window just with some light (not direct).I think i have him good conditions, did i?

xgibson70

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
11 Juin 2013
Does anybody think it's some kind of bug or mites? That's the only other thing I can think of. I heard they leave reddish yellow scars.

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
I would mix you're own soil its better. What I do is use peat free potting compost nothing expensive or even go to your local woods and get leave mulch/dirt. Then crush up limestone into small chippings (you can buy this in most garden centres if you want) and get some grit sand (this will have corse sand and small girt up to about 5mm included.

I Mix about

2 parts grit sand : 1 part compost : 1 part limestone chippings

Bake in oven at 200 degrees C for 2 hours this will remove all moisture and kill any bugs or fungi let it cool for a day in a clean tub.

clean any moist soil away from the root but be carefull not to damage root fibres, just remove soil leaving about 1-2 cm around root. Then get a nice tall and narrow clay pot fill about the bottom 1/4 with large limestone chippings for air and drainage and pot the cacti so its just below the level of the top of the pot.
Get some nice pebbles to cover the top of the soil so it looks pretty.

But dont water it for about 2 weeks let the plant recover from the stress as they dont like being moved.

one thing it would say is put it in a window where it can get some direct light, not all day, mine get indirect from dawn until 12:30 and direct light until about 18:30 and then back to indirect until dusk in the summer. In the wild peyotes grow in many different conditions from aluvial flood plain that recieved lots of water to desert cliffs where they grow out of cracks in the limestone and minimal water. Check this site out I found Lophophora.info you will be able to see all the different conditions they are found in.

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
Oh and on the age of the cactus, you wont be able to tell unless the person who grew it told you. It could have been grow under lights with fertilizers and be 2-3 years or it could be slow grow in cold house and be more like 6-8 year or older just too difficult to tell.

gopener

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Juin 2013
Thanks a lot adetheproducer!I water my peyote yesterday (5 days after transplant) couse when it came to me it was bone dry and i was wondering that maybe its ok to water it some days after transplant!
I will definitely going to use your soil mix on the next transplant!!
A little direct sunlight, consider it done ;) :)!

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
No probs man. Took me long enough to find that little info from internet through literally months of searching and taking in forums and emails to native church of america too. This seems to be the best place I have found info from people who actually grow them and people here respond quickley too. Keep a regular check and have a dig through the older threads under cacti there are a few about peyotes.

gopener

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Juin 2013
I search the site and is really nice!i search the shop too.Do you know if the different species of peyote have different amount of mescaline and different alkaloids (level, kind)?Because i was really confuse with the variety of the money you can spend in the same sizes peyotes!

sclaws

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Juin 2009
Hi There, sorry to say but your peyote looks like it might be suffering from rust or bacterial infection. I would suggest removing it from its pot and allowing it to dry in a shady place for a few days before re-potting it. whatever you do don't water it. when you repot be sure to use a sandy soil free from humus, use john innes no 2 as a base (if in the uk) and add sharp sand for increased drainage, perlite too if you like. Do not water after re-potting for at least two weeks. For further info on peyote care check out Crazycacti - Home of Peyote or Kada's Garden - Rare, medicinal and collectible plants and seeds. One last thing- are you certain this is williamsii and not fricii? The slightly yellow colour makes me wonder although it could be the image. Hope that helps.
Voir la pièce jointe 12466

sclaws

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Juin 2009
Try brushing the inside of the flower gently with a small paintbrush. If you look closely you will notice that after being touched the anthers close in on the stamen- this is how peyote self pollinate when insects settle on them. Be patient- you'll get seed pods in time. Last flowers of the season will not produce seed pods until after you start watering again in late spring. You'll have you own seed supply in no time!

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
yeah I saw it do that they all curled up. Might still get a fruit you never know.

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
here is my germination set up and if you have a look at the bottom pic you can see I got 2 seeds germinate so far. the little one popped up last night and the larger one in the centre is about 2-3 days old. They seed to like the window open in the night so the breeze drops the temp down to about half of the day time temp.