Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Psychonautic Sex...

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Okay, now that I have your attention, I have been coming to the same thought recently. For me, most of the people I meet who have an interest in "psychonautics" are generally male. We're talking mid to high nineties, and typically if there is a female to be found, she is attached to a boyfriend/spouse/etc. that is much more into it. Now I live in a pretty diverse city, and I travel often, but that's just been my experience. Any thoughts? Am I wrong, or is it just that men are more brave/stupid about taking illicit substances (I'll be the first to mention the incident with the apple and Eve... etc, just to get it out of the way).

Extra points if anyone knows what the original "fruit of knowledge" was prior to translation to greek.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
"Mid to high nineties"? I do not comprehend this :?

Yeppers, that's been my experience as well. I have met very few people that will explore such places at all, but most of them were male apes.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Sorry, to clarify that's mid to high nineties percentage wise...

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I bet it's partly due to the legal issue. Compare drug use to crime: men are more prone to a criminal career as opposed to women and since using psychedelics is somewhat similar to a criminal career in most 'developed' countries, here you go.

Could it be that simple?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i bet on the same altho i think especially in "developed" countries there are also more female psychonauts as there is generally more money and you need money to buy substances in the first place regardless of the substances being illegal.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
maybe it has something to do with our traditional roles, you know, men going for hunting and exploring while women stay at home looking after the children etc...

but it's not that there are no female psychonauts ;) just found that site: http://asage.deviantart.com/ brilliant stuff.

isn't it weird that there are less females on forums even though they are prone to be more communicative?

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
BananaPancake a dit:
isn't it weird that there are less females on forums even though they are prone to be more communicative?

No I don't think it's weird :lol:
Not when you look at the the childish way males sometimes act on these forum.
Why are there so little females on this forum. Maybe it's because the way the males act.
Just an idea :idea: :lol:

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
ok that might be a factor :lol:

reminds me of that one:
pix_plz.png

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
I party(techno:D) a lot over here in Holland and most girls who do drugs over here all do XTC/mdma crystals, GHB or coke, hardly ever any psychedelics.
Girls on psychedelics are a rare, I met some like 5 or 6, even tript whit 2 girls but thats about it.
Perhaps I'm just hanging in the wrong scene to meet girls whit the same hobbies.

Funny thing is when you ask them why the not? Psychedelics that is.
They all go like because of the lengt of the trip, bad memories which might come up, I went tru a lot bla bla bla.
They rather eat 4 to 6 pills a weekend and feel like sh!t midweeks, then by the time the weekends near and they almost feel normal, it just starts all over again........I have a lot of friends who prefer living like this instead of taking psychedelics.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I have met and know many girls and woman who do or have done psychedelics.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
^likewise

maybe guys just tend to seek out web forums like this more?

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
well at least we've got resident sexy psychonaut Nina :mrgreen:

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
mrvn a dit:
Funny thing is when you ask them why the not? Psychedelics that is.
They all go like because of the lengt of the trip, bad memories which might come up, I went tru a lot bla bla bla.
They rather eat 4 to 6 pills a weekend and feel like sh!t midweeks, then by the time the weekends near and they almost feel normal, it just starts all over again........I have a lot of friends who prefer living like this instead of taking psychedelics.

I'd hate to generalize all women into one theory, but I think a lot of it has to do with the sexual assault rate. Most of the women I've asked have said that there are some things they just don't want to remember, and are scared psychedelics might bring up. When you look at the number of women that are raped every year, it makes a lot of sense. It's not something many men can relate to, since the sexual assault rate with men is so much lower.

Numbers for America:
http://www.ojp.state.mn.us/cj/publicati ... ssault.pdf

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
A sad point, but you may be right...

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I don't know if it's because of sexual assault. I know a woman who have had a history of sexual abuse, and jet she is the one using psychedelics.

Nina_is_alive

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mar 2009
???????? a dit:
well at least we've got resident sexy psychonaut Nina :mrgreen:

;]

well one way that I see it, is that women are less likely to hangout with people in the "scene" and get introduced to such things by means of social conditioning. we're "brought up" in environments where we're less likely to stray from the conventional [unfortunately] while guys, are more encouraged to "explore' and from this, - come into environments where you may be introduced to a wider and weirder variety of things.
I'm not sure really, when it comes to being "brave" with substances[ gender-wise] , I'll admit I'm still quite a wimp- but that has to do more with my own anxieties than the substance itself, I just dont want to a.die or b. go insane/ create any otherwise lasting damage to myself c.have bad experiences.[A.-however doesnt really apply to psychedelics unless we're talking ego death-which I DOwish to experience, but not too soon. not until I'm ready for such a thing hah]
anxiety comes from lack of confidence when it comes to my ability to deal with wherever my [open] consciousness leads me, my mom watched the news too much when I was little and filled my head up with paranoia "/ ... but I'm working on all that.

also when it come to psychedelics, girls in several ways have to be even moreso careful about set and setting than many guys do[once again, unfortunately], due to varying factors.

I dont know why there arent as many girls really. Personally I wish to just learn and evolve and experience more and more :]

gtchemen

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
23 Sept 2009
i would agree men are way more into this stuff than women that i have meet

Necridous

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
24 Mai 2007
I live in the states and I find that if you go to a large music festival or other place where psychedellics are likely to be consumed, the number of men and women tripping is fairly even. In more regular settings I think it is more common for men to be peddling the substances and to have male friends who support them in this or are a part of the gettup. Maybe this goes along with more males involved in criminal activity? As far as women taking substances it seems that in the southern united states where I am most familiar with that women consume an equal amount of tripping agents as do men, just men are more likely to be on the distribution side.

penny

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Jan 2010
Hmm.. that's funny. I'm female and I find it hard to find men who share my interest in psychedelics.. guess it just depends on location.

sensei58

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Jan 2010
theres also a thing about people who have their own drug free enlightenment and they may have this choice for many reasons and in a predominantly male leading society women don't have much say in the making of the rules so they still are hiding who they really are in relation to the other gender. i think there are plenty of women who use but most of them are "ninja camouflaged" because of the roles forced on them by the biblical implications of religion.(if you don't have expectations you will always be surprised at what you find)

i think that we as psychonauts are the sole judges(not to say that we are to do the judging but rather we should find the one how can judge themselves) as to who will come to this site and begin to post their opinions for responses

defiantly spread the word but don't go "wake" anyone up. If they are "talking in their sleep" then tell them that "they are dreaming" and that they should stop in on this site it they want to "wake up" the women are just something that will come when you invite them. if you won't show someone the way don't expect them to find it on their own (i mean teach someone to fish for truth or enlightenment and then ask them if the like the way it tastes)