Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Psychedelics for accelerated learning?

Pez

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Avr 2008
I posted this on another forum, but I think I might get better responses here.

I'm sure some of you have read this short little book thing on drug library - "LSD: The Problem-Solving Psychedelic".

I'm generally down with the notion that certain psychedelics can help with problem-solving or creativity, but what I'm most interested in is a specific part which is quoted in the book, and which I'll quote again here:

Bernard Roseman, for example in LSD the Age of Mind, found it behooved him to become involved with the practical endeavor of typing. In detailing his system for becoming an accomplished typist through psychedelics, he emphasized the necessity for knowing the basics of the touch-system. Once this was acquired, with a fair rhythm, he offered the following advice for "drumming in" a conditioned response:

Take [the drug] while typing and continue right through the transition period (where one's consciousness changes).
Now here is where "will power" comes in, as you will find yourself inventing a thousand reasons why typing is useless and you could not care less about learning it. It would be so pleasant to stop and listen to a little music or just meditate. Well, if you wish to accomplish something with psychedelics that lingers on into your ordinary state, you must exert an act of will. By doing nothing but letting that state direct you, a pleasant time will be had, but little accomplished.
Therefore you must continue this regime... if possible up to fourteen hours....
It will feel as if you have been typing for centuries locked in a small enclosure with but one action to perform. When the drug wears off, go to sleep. It is almost guaranteed your mind will still be seeing numbers and letters, and your fingers will jerk as they wish to automatically respond to the actions required of them. Upon awakening, go back to the typewriter. You will be amazed to see your speed and accuracy greatly improved. A force will seem to grab your hands, and your fingers will fight to obey. The typewriter is now a permanent part of you, and the impression made can never be erased.

I'm thinking that this sort of set-up could be used to rapidly learn other such skills in very short periods of time. That is, in a single day-long burst play so much guitar, or drums, or paino, or work with so much clay, or tap-dance for so long, or do something else so much, that you improve so substantially as to make that skill a part of you.

Frankly I'm probably going to try this with one thing or another, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has thoughts on this. Think it's a good idea? Bad? Have you experienced something similar on LSD or other psychedelics?

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
No, but I've often wanted to study chemistry on a strong psychoactive...

I have sat and watched waves on the water on a lake, and learned so much within 30 minutes using the calculus and the chemistry and polarity of water it was astounding... Unfortunately it was to brief a learning to retain everything.

14 hours of staring at the water on a sunny day would make me go blind unfortunately :(

Enivid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
3 Juil 2008
If you try to learn something and practice so you succeed, for example juggling. Then stop and do something else. The brain will work in the background and continue to learn what u just learned.

If you try and fail and fail and fail then you will learn to fail. The trick is to try and succeed and then stop. Then wait a while and do it again. Maybe wait an hour or two. I dunno for how long.

Also if you read books before going to bed the brain will organize what u just read and work on the information you read.

This idea of using a drug could very well be a good thing to learn something. But I think its possible without drugs, but drugs could be a tool :)