Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Psilocybin found to REDUCE brain activity.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i think heartcore is alluding to the idea of cults or sects that seemingly try to disguise themselves in some way or so. and i think this can be the case, because as i see it it could be a similar mechanism like with TV. first they blind people and then they subliminally try to inject their ideology/ideas or so...and if it goes like that i would in the very most cases reject it, because it's a form of violence that can be more cruel than physical violence. moreover it's also a spiritual thing, because like this they could abuse the spirit in some way for selfishness. i have felt similar occult shit going on, but it's not very obvious at all most of the time.
personally i have developed a distrust towards a lot of people that seemingly are trying to free us. often they are simply stuck in some tunnelvision mode/syndrome or so, too...
sometimes thigns like that seemingly can't be grasped with the intelligence of the brain, but with the heart.
i see it as exagerated rationality in a demonic sense that could be misguiding us. but yeah in that sense this can all be a test, too... have you thought about that??
because mental damage is like damage on a deeper level or so...

peace

organicQz

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
28 Avr 2012
@Heartcore
He (and mushrooms), had me by the balls for almost two decades.

What I want to know is: How much were you tripping?

The article cited in the original post in no way implies any long term effects from a single dose experience. The first reference listed is the actual peer reviewed paper. I’m going to post this in a “request academic papers” thread. I’d like to read it. The abstract says that the study was conducted with, “a task-free functional MRI (fMRI) protocol designed to capture the transition from normal waking consciousness to the psychedelic state.” It sounds like they lay the subject in an MRI machine for a few minutes during onset. They were probably just lying there, staring at the inside of their eyelids, waiting for something to happen.
My subjective, anecdotal experience with psilocybin is that I’m not exactly the same the next day, but that any residual physical effects diminish and eventually disappear. This has generally been my experience for tryptamines and phenethylamines I’ve consumed. In my experience, a period of HEAVY use is a prerequisite for one to find himself waking around in a drug haze for days or weeks afterward. Again, from personal experience, I’d say that the tolerance to mushrooms increases so fast that you can’t keep tripping day after day without consuming ridiculous amounts.

To summarize: It’s my opinion that you must have been doing something extremely drastic to be walking around for 20 years dumber for having taken mushrooms.

If someone like that wants you to take psilocybin, you better assume it is meant to hurt you. Maybe not now, but in the long run. It doesn't have to be physical damage, it can be mental, bringing you to a sleep of a whole new level but still, deep asleep. And while you are sleeping, you are convinced that you are so much more awake than the rest of the profane. Don't take my word for it, research for yourself. You can only understand the present and the future by studying the past.
I would love to know more about your personal experience and see some of your references for this conspiracy theory that you present. It is very interesting stuff.

Also, I think the title of this thread is a bit misleading and that the news article here is a bit sensationalized with antidrug bias. (re its headline and introduction)

@IJesusChrist Thank you for bringing this study to our attention. From what I can tell, they observed a calming of the mind during the onset of the psychedelic state. That’s really cool. Thanks again!

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
I feel switching gears and bypassing certain parts of the brain making less brain activity makes sense. When I tripp I feel as if I can't form words as fast as my thoughts, I can take in information,feel whatever it is, then shit it out just as fast as I took it in. I feel as if psilocybin,lsd ect ect.. is like hitting reset on a computer to give that machine a slight brake an a chance to... Reboot

Mrjelly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
If they think that using drugs to control a large group of people would work then... they were right! Just look at the crap they are giving everyone. It might have started with experiments with mushrooms but they have moved on from there. You think about it and the advancements in drugs, even weed isn't what it was a long time ago. I have arguments about this with buddies from the North West and they swear up and down it is better now. I think that the weed of 20 or 30 years ago is way more productive a substance than what is here today. Maybe I am wrong but it seems like they are more concerned about genetically altering drugs that will reach the masses. To bring it back on topic if they are genetically altering drugs and extracting properties from one substance and mixing it with something else and marketing it under names like Zanix then I think they have long ago given up on mushrooms.

As I said at one time they might have thought about using it but ultimately I think they have probably moved on to something else.

IMO it backfired on them, they dished out to a bunch of people they took it and... a bunch of people started thinking for themselves. Amazing how that works huh! I don't see a revolution on the cusp here so in the end what does it matter. All anyone wants these days is free healthcare, longer periods of unemployment insurance coverage, and food stamps. Meanwhile they dumb society down and feed them a 24 hour lie cycle promoted from two seemingly opposing groups that are working for the same end. They don't have to use mushrooms to control us they have the majority and are just mopping up at this point!

Aside from all that Life is great and the sky is so blue today! :) LOL