Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Please Help - Aftermath of a Heavy Trip

• Auteur de la discussion squonk12
  • Date de début
S

squonk12

Invité
Hello fellow psychonauts!
I've had a fair amount of experience with psychodelics before; I have taken lsd many of times, same with large amounts of mushrooms. The fact that I am having trouble with this recent experience is very surprising and I really need someone's opinion on what to do.

I have recently consumed only about 1.3 g of shrooms and had a very unusual trip. I have tripped on the same batch throughout this summer and had some really powerful positive experiences. Anyway, I was tripping with a friend of mine who I love dearly, but who is very emotionally different from me. Because of the music that we listened to while tripping and his emotional essence I have managed to go to a very dark emotional place, and I have been in there ever since (3 days or so). It is not so much depression - I am feeling alright, but I feel as if I lost certain excitement and joy that used to spring right from the bottom of my being. I thought that after comedown everything would eventually go back to normal, but I don't think that it will anymore. I feel as if everything i am experiencing is overshadowed by this very sad, dark emotional quality that is very foreign for me. I have been depressed before but this is something completely different.

What can I do to bring myself out of this place? Should I trip again, hoping that it will reverse the effects?

Thank you so much for your input!

Supervixen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Fev 2009
Hi, first of all, I'm not sure it would be a great idea to take a new trip. Let your mind settle a little... I think you are going to get over it, maybe you have experienced something that has had a deep impact on you and you need to "work on it" a bit before it can fade away. You'll enjoy things again, don't let yourself worry too much !

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Supervixen's right, it takes time to fade away. Look at how much good the tripping has done, I'm sure that lasted past the come-down. With the bad trips, it can take a bit of time before it all clicks back in place. I wouldn't trip again until you come back to base.

Kai

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
4 Juin 2009
I agree with the first two replies that you shouldn't trip again. I really only try to trip under 4 times a year. The effects of a trip stick with you anywhere from a week to a month. Just smoke some weed and rest and do things that make you happy :D

Light

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Juil 2011
Just imagine the joy you normally experience. Smile. Do fun things. Fake it until you make it.

The opposite might work too: it seems you don't accept that these dark emotions are part of your own spectrum, try feeling them objectively, see what they are all about and how they feel. Notice when they start and where they end. There is no such thing as an endless emotion. These emotions aren't caused by other people's emotional essence or music, it is caused by how you react to it. If you don't like the music and resist the other person's state, of course you will feel bad.

Either way, bring love to your life.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Light is correct - both approaches are necessary to beat a numbing trip;

You need to embrace it when the feeling comes; you cannot run from it. It is a necessary emotion to complement the nice place you once were.

But, at the same time, when it is far away, smile regularly - force yourself to smile. The muscles within your cheeks that make you smile are directly connected to your happiness in your brain, smiling makes you happy (and of course, vice-versa).

This may blow over quickly, in a week or so, or it may take a year to fully recognize what happened, and why - because there was a reason.

And no, don't trip again, because you'll fall back in and you'll get so concerned with getting out of the feeling that nothing productive will come of it. :wink:

S

squonk12

Invité
Thanks everyone so much!

I am doing much much better. I have taken your advice and haven't tripped again; I have faced what happened instead of trying to avoid it. Rather than trying to hold on to the breath I exhaled and was able to breathe again. The negativity has been falling away without me forcing anything, and I'm actually feeling more clear and at peace than I have in a very, very long time.

Thanks everyone again for all of your support!

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
squonk12 a dit:
Thanks everyone so much!

I am doing much much better. I have taken your advice and haven't tripped again; I have faced what happened instead of trying to avoid it. Rather than trying to hold on to the breath I exhaled and was able to breathe again. The negativity has been falling away without me forcing anything, and I'm actually feeling more clear and at peace than I have in a very, very long time.

Thanks everyone again for all of your support!

Couldn't have hoped for a better response :)

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
yea thats absolutely great
well done mate :D