Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Nothing

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Didn't read all the posts, but for me nothing doesn't exist. At least after the big bang. It is impossible to have nothing. Even in deep space, nothing does not exist. There is massive amounts of energy in every atom, and it is impossible to get something cooled to 0K- meaning there is always thermal energy in the universe. Maybe the mind can achieve nothing, but physically I think it's impossible.

peace & love

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
paint a dit:
.....-5_-4_-3_-2_-1__0__1__2__3__4__5......
......(((((((((((((((((NOW))))))))))))))))))......

maybe?

hm I opened a thread about this, it is called «Do you believe in the Present» go check it out :)

I came to the conclusion that nothing can only be sensed in a empirical manner , this meaning that you can experience nothing, but not necessarily existing in nothingness . because as referred before, physical and spacial nothingness is very controversial.

paint

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2008
We're still talking about something.

very true. strange that humans can know intuitively what the word nothing means, and yet have no real way of saying what it is.

i think its a question of planes, or vectors. like we say there is nothing in it when a jar of peanut butter is empty, but really there is air. in the peanut butter vector there is nothing in the jar.

in this way we can grasp the concept of nothing, but absolute nothingness is a bit absurd for the day to day mind.

its hard to direct trips but perhaps we should commission a few psychonauts to ponder this on a substance...

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
in this way we can grasp the concept of nothing, but absolute nothingness is a bit absurd for the day to day mind.

lol, welcome to my daily thought process :D

peace & love

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
misfit
how does talking about nothingness mean its impossible? the human mind is capable of thinking abstract thoughts

misfit

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
27 Jan 2009
Because there isn't anything you can say about such concept.

And I agree with you. 'Nothing' is an abstraction.

paint

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2008
green wizard i wrote a nice response on your other thread but when i went to post it the site had an error :(

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
misfit a dit:
Because there isn't anything you can say about such concept.

And I agree with you. 'Nothing' is an abstraction.
there isnt anything you can say about it? so theres...nothing, you can say about it? :lol:

nothing can also be a relative term
eg. "whats over there?" - "nothing"
when in fact there would be a lot over there, a wall, some carpet, air etc.
"what did you do today?" - "nothing" when really you breathed all day and had lunch and watched tv, but relatively, you did nothing

so we can establish that 'nothing' is a concept that is somewhat concrete in that it is understood by almost everyone when used relatively
but why is it so hard to understand it absolutely?
its the simplest of concepts, its merely the absence of anything
what if the universe didnt exist? (i know im getting into what ifs and hypotheticals but why not?)

i dont usually cling to ideas much but i have a thing for zero and nothingness, im still open to hear other opinions obviously though or i wouldnt bother replying

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
the human mind, just isn't born with the capability to think and know nothingness.

you can't know it, trough sight, hearing, tasting, feeling, or smelling. The empirical limitation makes humans virtually incapable of truly know nothingness.

I'll go check it out paint. :D

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
i think someone else summed it up after I said sleeping something.

You feel something now, you feel nothing when you're dead.
thats nothing.

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
IJesusChrist a dit:
You feel something now, you feel nothing when you're dead.
thats nothing.

but the problem is that , if you are feeling nothing, your really aren't. I think there's really no point diving into paradoxes anymore.

misfit

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
27 Jan 2009
greenwizard:

I think you can know better what might 'be' nothing exactly through that, witch you said we can't.

crimzen:

Or that :D

Though, we're still talking about it.

IJesusChrist:

Who's to know that? Do you met dead people lately? :?

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
misfit a dit:
greenwizard:

I think you can know better what might 'be' nothing exactly through that, witch you said we can't.

:?

I'm sorry misfit, my English is not yet fully developed. please explain yourself better, as for philosophical subjects are hard to discuss in a language you don't dominate completely .

misfit

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
27 Jan 2009
Trough senses. Witch you said we couldn't.

Dont apologize :)
My english isn't fabulous either. I thought about what I wrote there, and thought that probably it wasn't comprehensible.

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
how can one experience nothing trough senses?

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
your senses aren't active when you're dead