Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

no more tobacco

ibiscus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Avr 2007
Hi,

has anyone of you a good tool to stop smoking. I'm decided, I won't use nicotine and I wonder if some plants or any substance could help me ...

by thanking you in advance

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
smoke more weed lol it works for me, but when i cut down on weed i usually increase the tobacco again, but thats just me..

occupy your time, find something to do with your hands when you aren't doing anything

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
I hear Ibogaine has anti addictive properties to it, but it is a powerful drug to mess around with.

vajrakana

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
5 Mai 2008
No idea of a natural substance, but Welbutrin (also known as Zyban, more $$) works. Go to your doctor, tell him you want to quit smoking, and ask for generic welbutrin. He'll give it to you.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
fuck, of all substances that I met, Nicotine is the most evil and cruel. 3 tokes at new years eve ---> addiction again, mhm.

Carebear

Banni
Inscrit
11 Juil 2008
{the past}

Horrigan

Banni
Inscrit
26 Mai 2007
Buy a disgusting tobacco, it should work.
More seriously, DXM is very effective for me, every time I take a trip my nicotine addiction is gone till i smoke again.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
just stop smoking.
it's all in your head anyway.
be a man and throw away your cigarettes. make sure NOT to buy new ones.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
naa... it ain't that easy.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
No, it IS just that easy.

disciple189

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Déc 2008
It definitely isn't that easy man. Not for some at least. I've been trying to quit for a while now too man. I always find that I don't get any cravings for a couple days after taking mushrooms. Also like someone else said replace it with weed. Roll a couple jays and keep em with you.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
it's an addiction, man. It's a desire. It isn't just created in your mind. Just saying "I am not hooked, I can quit everytime" is the first answer if you ask a crack junkie :wink: I don't think that just replacing one addiction with another is cool. You can get addicted by weed as well. And your weed experience/fun with weed will get ruined quite soon.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Someone who cant stop his adiction is a wimp . There is only one way to do it . Its to be honest and STOP . Instead of thinking "hey i feel shit , if i smoke one i will feel OK " . Instead , everytime one feels bad one tells oneself "Its because of the fags . I`m a junky and the only way to stop the pain is give up " .

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
I think the best way to quit smoking is to make a sub-concious negative association.

For example, When you take a ciggarette out the box, Think about some things, Such as...

Why do I smoke?

Why did I start?

How much does this cost a year?

How badly do I smell of smoke?

How much does this effect my health?

Then once you have an answer for the above and any other questions you yourself come up with, Keep them in mind every time you take a ciggarette out the box.

While thinking of the above,

Light the ciggarette and on your first draw. Ask your self the last question above, Then imagine yourself the smoke, Entering this soft wet pink cave (Your mouth), Travelling down a pinky / fleshy tunnel (Your throat) to your dirty black lungs that are supposed to be fleshy / pink.

Do this on a regular basis, Every cigg should be fine, Also on psychedelics you can address this problem alot more But, Do this negative association practice untill it sinks in and just the thought of a ciggarette should make you feel a little silly and slightly sick ;)

Hope this helps 8)

ibiscus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Avr 2007
thank's for your posts!

it's my second day whitout smoking (I just smoke some weed when I was in high school...long time ago so it won't be a substitute)... i'm feeling a bit nervous but 30 minutes jogging keeps me quiet... as most of you have said, it's a mental process and the force of the decision is probably the only key

Hope it won't be more difficult next week...

wish you an happy and full of good experiences new year!

ibiscus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Avr 2007
GOD a dit:
Someone who cant stop his adiction is a wimp . There is only one way to do it . Its to be honest and STOP . Instead of thinking "hey i feel shit , if i smoke one i will feel OK " . Instead , everytime one feels bad one tells oneself "Its because of the fags . I`m a junky and the only way to stop the pain is give up " .

it would be true if we were all equal... but we aren't...

the biological dispositions to became addict or depressed or anxious, etc are proved

Horrigan

Banni
Inscrit
26 Mai 2007
Nicotine addiction is mostly psychological. Why ? Cause tobacco is much more pleasurable than any other drug. It's even greater than opiates, less powerful, sure, but so much more enjoyable. It's like endorphines after physical effort, even the greatest heroin can't equal that kind of pleasure, even though it's less powerful.
Just don't forget that tobacco won't give you any pleasure if you smoke too much, and keep in mind that its effets never last for more than five minutes, and you should realise that stopping tobacco is a better idea, especially when you think about what it does to your lungs.
If in need, use this image as your wallpaper:
http://www.bodyworlds.com/download/pres ... 652981.jpg

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I already quit, what I want to say is that it is an addiction and not some stupid placebo.
Nicotine addiction is mostly psychological. Why ? Cause tobacco is much more pleasurable than any other drug.
Being *only* psychological doesn't make it harmless. IMHO tobacco isn't pleasurable at all. Smoking a cigarette doesn't even give you a buzz, snus or snuff yes but these are uncomparable to opiates or the pleasure of weed... That's why tobacco is so cruel. The mind wants it.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Its going to be very hard for the first few months and there is nothing you can do exept use negative association and be strong . Keep telling yourself i will feel much better when the adiction is gone .

Try hard and dont give up . You have two choices . Life long illness and stinking like a dustbin or much better health and a little discomfort now .

I was adicted to fags , alk , speed , opiates , barbiturates and medicines so i know what its like , and how hard it is and how good i felt after i stoped .

"the biological dispositions to became addict or depressed or anxious, etc are proved"

Can you please explain that ? Is there no free will ? Do genes decide what i am like ?

ibiscus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Avr 2007
the existence of free will is a very deep question and all sciences (humanities and hard) can take part in this question.

I just would say that neurosciences have strongly demonstrated that the activity in the brain of depressed people is different and can also be seen in the brains of people of the same familiy. The same is demonstrated for some kind of addiction. There is a genetical factor that influence the system of reward. (I can send you the sources)

About anxiety and stress, cortisol, an hormone produced in the adrenal cortex, is the chemical messenger of stress state. Some people have very different concentration of this hormone in the blood...

Of course, the mind, personality, consciousness, are probably irreductible to a biological basis but what is certain is that very aren't all playing the game of life with the same tools...and also it's easier for some to have a certain behavior and harder for some the change

thank's for the encouragments and congratulations and respect for the additions you get rid of