Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

myth

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
This post has been edited by me, Jamapricotica, for the simple reason that I am attempting to cleanup and/or improve my presence on this forum.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
the inventor of stick sugar packets, designed them to be opened in the middle, this is by breaking them in half. This invention became very popular very soon, but people always used the product in a different way, ripping the top part and letting the sugar slide trough that rip. The inventor became unstable, seeing people misuse his creation in such manner. Eventually he beacme insane and killed himself.

paint

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2008
thank you green wizard, very nice.

you other two need to step it up.

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
This post has been edited by me, Jamapricotica, for the simple reason that I am attempting to cleanup and/or improve my presence on this forum.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
poor spiders, they don't judge nymphomaniacs in my opinion.

aryaman

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
if you touch your penis more than 11 times in a day and then you bite a spider, it'll make you high as if you took an acid.

Same thing, really.

Oknayd

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mai 2008
you guys have some unhealthy obsession with your penis and spiders :wink:

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Once upon a time there was a baby female human born with no eye-sight and no hearing.

She quickly mastered the english language and wrote books.

paint

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2008
I' tell you a story, of Old Mother Mory, and now my story's begun.
I'll tell you another, about her brother, and now my story's all done.

grifter7

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
7 Mar 2009
women are attracted to nice people

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
coffee stunts your growth

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
I know it a big tale, but is a important one to read.

Oedipus Complex

Oedipus was the son of king Laius & queen Jocasta. Before he was born, his parents consulted the Oracle at Delphi. The Oracle prophesied that Laius would be murdered by his son, who would then go on to marry his mother, Jocasta. In an attempt to prevent this prophecy's fulfillment, Laius ordered Oedipus's feet to be bound together, pierced with a stake (which caused him to have permanently swollen feet – hence one meaning of Oedipus which translates to "swollen foot"; it also comes from the Greek root meaning knowledge), and for the infant to be exposed on a hillside. However, a shepherd found the baby Oedipus and took him to King Polybus. Many years later, Oedipus was told by a drunk that Polybus was not his real father. Seeking the truth, he asked his parents. They denied that he was adopted, but Oedipus was unsure so instead sought counsel from an Oracle who told him that he was destined to kill his father and marry his mother. In his attempt to evade the dictates of the Oracle, he decided to flee from Corinth to Thebes.

As Oedipus traveled to Thebes, he came to a crossroads ("where three roads meet") where he encountered a chariot, which, unbeknown to him, was driven by King Laius. A dispute arose over the right of way which resulted in Laius's death by Oedipus's hand. As the oracle predicted, Oedipus had slain his father. Continuing his journey to Thebes, Oedipus encountered the Sphinx. The Sphinx stopped all those who traveled to Thebes and asked them a riddle. If the travelers were unable to answer correctly, they were eaten by the Sphinx; if they were successful, they would be able to continue their journey. The riddle was: "What walks on four feet in the morning, two in the afternoon and three at night?". Oedipus answered: "Man; as an infant, he crawls on all fours, as an adult, he walks on two legs and, in old age, he relies on a walking stick". Oedipus was the first to successfully answer the riddle. Having heard Oedipus' answer, the sphinx threw herself to her death. Grateful, the Thebans appointed Oedipus as their king. Oedipus was also given the recently widowed Queen Jocasta's hand in marriage. Oedipus and Jocasta bore four children: two sons, Polynices and Eteocles (see Seven Against Thebes), and two daughters, Antigone and Ismene.

A messenger arrived from Corinth with the news that King Polybus is dead, who Oedipus still regarded as his true father. The messenger then reveals the fact that Oedipus was adopted. Jocasta, finally realizing Oedipus' true identity, begs him to abandon his search for Laius's murderer. Oedipus mistook her pleas thinking that she was ashamed of him because he might have been a slave. She then went into the palace, where she hung herself. Oedipus seeks verification of the messenger's story from the very same herdsman who was said to have left Oedipus to die as a baby. From that herdsman, Oedipus learned that the infant raised as the adopted son of Polybus and Merope was the son of Laius and Jocasta. Thus, Oedipus finally realizes that earlier at the crossroads, he had killed his own father, King Laius, and as consequence, had married his own mother, Jocasta.

Oedipus goes in search of Jocasta and finds she has killed herself. Taking brooches from her gown, Oedipus gouges his eyes out. Oedipus asks for a few favors from Creon and leaves the city of Thebes. His daughter Antigone acted as his guide as he wandered blindly through the country, ultimately dying at Colonus, after being placed under the protection of Athens by King Theseus.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I once joined a forum wondering how to make ayahuasca.

One year later I wrote about why I joined the forum.

paint

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2008
Thanks again Greenwizard. I was hoping for some longer stories like that.

What is the Greek myth about how the fates can be changed?

I saw that painting once, Oedipus and the Sphinx. It was one of a series of paintings by Ingres, all with the same subject, and with similar compositions. It was from a show about several artists' "Master Series." It had several similar/duplicate paintings painted by Seurat, Matisse, Monet, and several others, including about five "The Death of Marat" s by David and/or his studio assistants.

They made so many of the David painting to deploy as propaganda, something to do with the French Revolution... Anyone got more of that story??