Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

music affecting the trip

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Brugmansia a dit:
Music is like 25 % of my trip. Depending on which psychedelic I use.

that's a nice ratio I think. the amazing things that happen in absolute silence or the sounds of nature aside, I wouldn't want to spend the entire trip only focusing on one side of my senses.. tripping would lose its profundity after a while (making music while tripping, different story altogether)

classic psychedelics aside, during my strongest hash trip I couldn't listen to music. i remember fumbling my way through different genres and having to turn them all off--the sensory crossover was just TOO strong, my sense of time was so drastically altered that rhythm just didn't make sense, it was all about the mental trip

whiskey.rock.and.roller

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2008
fruity loops is hard to use man :( tried it myself a couple of times, diden't work out that well. But music certainly can spice up your trip! I usually start off with a little goa-trance (yahel,infected mushroom), work my way up to some early rave (only the old stuff, except for the song braincracking which is a bit harder and probably hardcore) and finish of with some 70's rock :D

One time when i was on mushrooms and listening to elvis the room looked black-white and everything was in slow-motion. The funny thing is, when the song was finisht the room looked completely different. I think because it infects your mood it infects your trip. I wonder though, what would happen if i turned on schism from tool in a trip.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I remember listening to Strange Fruit by Billy Holiday with my friends on mushrooms.

The whole atmosphere got very ghostly. I could see that damn tree with the body's hanging on it, and the ghost flying around it.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
There is music that I only like listening to on trips. Especially Ozric Tentacles - every time I listen to them sober I don't think it's that good - but when I'm tripping (either shrooms or san pedro) I find them amazing. Their tracks open up like pretty flowers when I'm tripping, with so many layers of melodies and rhythms. I think when I'm sober I don't experience the subtle and almost fragile details in the same way and I think the tracks lack a certain power.

Then there is a lot of stuff I really like when I'm sober (or on mdma or speed or alcohol) but it just doesn't work for me when tripping - stuff like Boogie Pimps or Moonbootica or rock music like the Arctic Monkeys, Billy Talent or the Babyshambles.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Maybe that's why I never liked Ozric tentacles.
Got to listen to it on mushrooms.
I know Ozric is legendary. I listened to it, but was a bit disappointed.

I am downloading some Ozric now, so I can listen to it later (maybe on mushrooms) :wink:

What is there best album????

There cover artwork is great, and the music just barley lives up to it.

St.Stephen

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Août 2008
VerusDeus a dit:
At st.stephens: If you're into acoustic solo-guitarists, you should really try Michael Hedges, it's basically the same story you told about John Fahey, except that I personally appreciate Hedges far more.

Hey thanks a lot for the good recommendation man, I haven't heard of him till you posted. I checked him out and downloaded his ''Ariel boundaries'', and i've already become a fan.

Dervish

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Juil 2008
Below are audio files of a sufi (khadiri) zikhr that dervishes got in to trance. They're singing holy names of God.
It's a relatively large file (84 MB)

http://rapidshare.com/files/4282493/__3 ... i.rar.html

Below are two smaller files from it, peak instances of zikhr:

http://rapidshare.com/files/139120776/_ ... Tevhid.rar 5,7 MB

http://rapidshare.com/files/139126182/I ... _Celal.rar 13.4 MB

If you listen these while tripping you may get a pretty good "psychedelic zikhr" experience.

I believe the power of words and rythm.

Please share your experience afterwards.

Getaphix

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Avr 2007
:shock: ... think i'll skip chantings of god thankyou v much.... moving swiftly on..

magickmumu a dit:
I know Ozric is legendary. I listened to it, but was a bit disappointed.

I am downloading some Ozric now, so I can listen to it later (maybe on mushrooms) :wink:

There cover artwork is great, and the music just barley lives up to it.

this band is great man ,they remind me of Rush. cheers!

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
@Dervish: thanks for the audio
i've downloaded it but not had the chance to listen yet, but i'll report back

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
for getting really deep into a trip i like listening to Tibetan one voice chord or Tuvan throat singing. i think the lack of understandable words stops you from being distracted

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
Huan Tung Sun - Tibetan Incantations is nice to for a loving experiece, very soothing
And i just discovered :
Chinmaya Dunster - Buddha moon(2007) 4 tracks of repetetive veeeery nice songs india style,, with indian harmonica or something like that.... carries you to outerspace. 4 tracks of 15 minutes.... so when tou are in a wave of shrooms.... you dont have to skip the cd< i really hate that sometimes... i want to hear 1 track of a cd... forget that the next track is really hard etc....
lets see ...
I also participated in a aya session with someone who facilitated a ceremnoy his name is darpan and he is multi instrument musician!! He and his friend make veeery spaced out music with also some samples of icaro's daime songs and a taste of indian philosophie. I bought his cd and its very veryy good travelling music, he made his music for travelling into other realms. He is also o good throathsinger!! overtone etc.. If you have the change visit him when he is in holland PM me for the email adress if you want. you can ask to be on the mailing list! his name is darpan. Visit his website for the music.

i also looove sphongle and unkle to journey

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
oh,,, if you want a verry happy setting and set journey with Bhajans.
I love the ideas of hinduism with al their gods They make all sorts of bhajans for the different incarnations.. krisna's are very nice.
I also brought some other very nice cd's from india.. anybody interested pm me :wink:

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
magickmumu a dit:

[...]

They released like 29 albums, I have 5 of them - I really can't tell you...