Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

mushroom-tea?

• Auteur de la discussion faerna
  • Date de début
F

faerna

Invité
I've already had two experiences with mushrooms, both times I chewed them, but I've been reading they have a nicer taste in a tea. How do you exactly make it? Do you boil them into the water or just make an infusion? How long? Is it simply an option that tastes better or does it increase the effect in any way? :think: :think: :think:

marc

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
I always cut the shrooms into little pieces, throw them in water (just enough water to prepare the desired number of cups) and put it on a low fire for half an hour. Then, filter the shrooms out (you can eat them if you want) and drink the water. You can add normal tea for taste.

The coming up is faster, the taste is better.

speedball

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
When ever I make "tea", it's usually more of a juice. I start with like powdered cordial, mix it in water enough water to cover the shrooms. Simmer, and mash with a patato masher, add in some freshley crushed ginger, and strain.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
The coming up is faster, the taste is better.

That's my experience as well. What I do is I cut the shrooms in little pieces, put them in a cup, add hot water (almost boiling) and a teabag (peppermint tea usually) then let it sit for about 20 minutes until I drink it. I always eat the shroom-pieces, they don't taste that strong anymore.

sandman_130

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Déc 2005
chop your shrooms finely and let them sit in lemon or lime juice for 15 minutes.

Boil hot water and then steep the shrooms for 20minutes

I usually make 3 cups of tea, hits very fast and is nice and potent.

plantguardian

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Déc 2005
It's commonly thought that heat degrades the psychoactives in shrooms so that they are not quite as potent; however, the acid in citric juices is reported to make the trip come on faster and increase the potency... so, making a tea and adding cirtus juice of some sort should work.

Personally, I like to chop 'em up real fine and blend 'em into a chocolate milkshake... quite tasty. And chocolate is reported to act the same as citrus juice as far as increasing the potency and making the trip come on a bit faster.

Just my 2 cents worth... :lol:

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Yes but lemon juice is acting like an acid for better solubility and therefore uptake into your body. Chocolate is a (mild) MAOI and will make the trip a bit stronger.

Funny that it gives the same effect but its based on a very different principle.

sandman_130

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Déc 2005
After I experimented with the lemon juice method, I haven't gone back to my old ways of just grinding into a fine powder and eating it. I find I get my best results from this way.

Although I have some syrian rue seeds now so I got a contender.

GerbyQ

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Août 2005
Watch it with the syran rue thou, it’s a totally different trip, and much much heavier.
I found it to be pretty scary the first time I took mushrooms with peganum harmala (syrian reu)
Later I realized what felt so strong is the power you feel of it, it makes you feel so small and humble. I definitely recommend it, if you take it with a high dose of mushrooms, witch differs per person of course, for me 60 grams fresh Mexican and 5 gram boiled peganum harmala, and I just chew the shrooms up, no tea or anything like that, and alone in silent darkness, witch really works for me.
Be prepared to get in deep water, meaning total lose of everything, movement, reality as you know it, consciousness stuff like that. But hey it’s just a ride and damn it you learn

JJJ

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
17 Avr 2004
I just chop them in small pieces and put them in a mug with hot water for 10-15 minutes. Then I put a bag of instant ('cup-a-soup') soup in it, mushroom soup is obviously the best. Then I drink the whole soup/shrooms mixture. You can't notice the shroom taste anymore this way! And indeed the coming up is faster, and the peak maybe is somewhat heavier. The trip lasts shorter with tea though.

Shroomlady

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
8 Déc 2005
And make sure you don't boil the water but keep the temperature just below boiling point.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
GerbyQ, I did the Syrian Rue plus shrooms a few days ago (5g Syrian Rue seeds and 10 medium sized shrooms).

They came very slow (so slow I almost thought nothing will happen). But then, boy what a ride... total loss of what is true and real...
To give you a little impression I only say I was in the end communicating with reindeer spirits in secret sign language...
The deepest and darkest ride I ever experienced (and extremely long! Ten hours later my pupils were still so big I didn't dare to go out amongst people). Also the usually very joyful coming down from a strong trip wasn't there.
It really grounded me (I think I swore to myself I will never take drugs again - which I will not, but still it was a hard lesson!)

--> Syrian Rue + lots of shrooms = definitely not for beginners!!!

GerbyQ

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Août 2005
10 medium sized, wow. Mexicans I assume.. hah that must have been a nice ride. Lost consciousness a lot?

The Syrian rue changes it a lot. So powerful, godlike, gaian strength and hard
I do recommend doing it again, maybe bit less shrooms. :wink: for me the first time with syrian was also so overwhelming. The times after I was able to go much deeper. for me till a point that the reality I was being shown was so peculiar, that i was....well...begging some entity to take it easy. There’s truly no description for. Unspeakable

Strange huh

Reindeers… yeah, shamans euh I mean santa’s good friend

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
About the reindeers: I had seen a documentary on reindeers that day, I guess that's what triggered it. The documentary was really good, also showing beautiful pictures of northern lights. In the moment of tripping it suddenly made total sense to me why the natives cherished their reindeers so much. I remembered scenes of the docu and knew that the natives were also in the know about the secret communication...

I have had two very strong trips before with one time twelve and the other time fourteen medium to full sized shrooms alone (from the ******* growbox btw) and both times I did have quite some unconscious moments - but with the Syrian Rue there wasn't any unconscious moments. It was total awareness during many hours of extreme loss of reality. Physical walls didn't matter anymore - even though I was in my room I felt like I was totally "naked" and on display for the whole world to see.
Also I knew that I could certainly not anymore distinguish the material and the spiritual world - everything that would happen would be true (I thought about people experiencing alien abductions on dmt and I knew it could just happen to me now without me being able to recognize it as a mental thing - veeeeery frightening!)

patilan420

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
Made on tea the mushrooms take effect quicker, but the effect is more euforia than tripping.. also for making tea you nead more mushrooms because the heat distroys the psylocibin slowly.

To prevent this there is a smart recepy-
You keep the mushrooms several months in honey, then put the magick honey and the mushrooms in herbal tea when cool down.

Anyway when drink the tea than eat the used mushrooms- there is still lots of psilocybin in them