Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Mushroom "flashbacks"?

WetStaples

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Nov 2007
I'm not sure if flashbacks are the appropriate word for this, hence the quotation marks.

Anyway, just under 2 weeks after a 3 gram trip, I started experiencing very subtle visual effects for a couple of days. I would look at something and it would feel strange, or sometimes unexpectedly, it would appear to move or something. It got to the point where I was quite things on my computer screen seemed to be moving upwards when I stared. It stopped after that.

The same thing is happening again, it almost being 2 weeks from my last trip (4 grams).

Anyone else experience stuff like this, sort-of regularly? It's just that this has happened to me two times in a row now and I want to know if it's something I can/should expect to happen.

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I noticed this after I took acid moreso than mushrooms.. After a trip I usually have a wonderful afterglow for a week or longer where I feel just a bit more synesthesic, spiritual, in touch with my senses than usual... i can almost FEEL paintings and music....

As for the visuals, not sure if this situation is similar to yours, but if I stare at some kinds of patterns long enough they seem to start moving about, same with text on the computer screen after keeping my eyes motionless for like 20-30 seconds or so. I do note though that when I'm really tired I notice this effect more also, or if I have done psychedelics recently.

At first I was worried it was a sign of HPPD but after looking it up it seems actually fairly common as in people can experience this without ever taking psychedelics. After two years of psychedelic use I can't say this effect has changed at all.. And then I thought back to when I was a kid bored to tears at church I used to stare into space, and in keeping my eyes still for long periods of time always saw weird visual artifacts.. so I realized nothing has really changed for me. So as for myself I don't worry about it anymore at this point.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
its a form of self hypnosis i believe. comgratulations, you now have access to the operating systerm! no seriously, some people are prone to this naturaly. its harmless, your just htpnotising yourself. if you remain aware of that you may find it usefull

WetStaples

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Nov 2007
st.bot.32 a dit:
I do note though that when I'm really tired I notice this effect more
In my case, the stuff I'm experiencing came on (stronger) when I was tired.

st.bot.32 a dit:
And then I thought back to when I was a kid bored to tears at church I used to stare into space, and in keeping my eyes still for long periods of time always saw weird visual artifacts..
Me too!

@doug: that sounds really interesting. I hope that if you are correct, I will be able to tap into it positively!

skrudge

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
I've had similar experiences after taking mushrooms, and even more after ecstasy or MDMA. If you're a little 'off', ie staring into the distance on not really focusing on objects in front of you they start to change in shape and transparency.

Nothing wrong with that, I think everyone has it more or less. And as Douglas said, just enjoy it :D

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I've started experiencing (or noticing) this since my second shroom trip. I was waiting for the school bus a few days later, and was staring at the road, and it was slightly moving, as if I were on shrooms. This lasted for a long time. If I was in the correct state of mind, I could induce it voluntarily. I experienced it more intensely when tired of after heavy exercising. I've got used to it, I thought about HPPD but after reading about the subject I could see it wasn't that. Very interesting druglessdouglas what you said about self-hypnotisis. I experienced this very intensely after a night on speed or E and no sleep. Then it would be almost like I was really on shrooms.

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Get it all the time.
It means there’s a chink in your amour, and some light is getting through.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
This stuff happens all the time, its just some notice and some dont. Turn the lights off and stare at something small for som mins and voilà! it dissappers :eek:

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
druglessdouglas a dit:
its a form of self hypnosis i believe. comgratulations, you now have access to the operating systerm! no seriously, some people are prone to this naturaly. its harmless, your just htpnotising yourself. if you remain aware of that you may find it usefull

Nice way of putting it! Yeah, I very much agree. Off topic.. when I started combining this with my mj usage, what I got out of using mj increased literally exponentially.

G

Invité
When I sit in a train and see another train starting to move to leave the station I have the feeling that I am moving, not the other train.
Until I see the background standing still.
Then I can try (with about a 90% succesrate) to reinvoke the feeling :D
It's fun!

I also know the moments when things are moving, well funny :mrgreen:

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
When I sit in a train and see another train starting to move to leave the station I have the feeling that I am moving, not the other train.

hehe the weird thing is you feel going backwards :)

G

Invité
???????? a dit:
hehe the weird thing is you feel going backwards :)

Depends on what side you are looking at and where you're sitting and such, but sometimes I can move my feeling of direction I'm thinking I'm going in :p

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Who’s to say that we aren’t always in a perpetual state of hypnosis?