Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Movies to watch on psychedelics.

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
2 really good ones are 'el topo' and 'the holy mountain'
REALLY GOOD obscure symbolic just plain trippy movies

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
^great movies :D

I just watched Black Swan in the cinema and it blew me away. holy shit, long time ago that I saw such a good movie.

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Banana Cake, yes Black Swan was awesome!
I love how realistic the psychosis is depicted, great actress too, must've been a real hard job to act like she did and learn the whole ballet thing and all.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
funky forest !!!!!!
its just so obscure and if you can read subtitles while tripping it would be fuckin perfect for acid
in fact its possibly made specifically for that purpose
[youtube]AWq0MBQ2lwU[/youtube]
You wont regret watching this, honestly, just do yourself a favour and watch the movie
chances are you wont find it in a video store so heres the torrent
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3565714/Funky_Forest__The_First_Contact___Unbroken_Torrent_
the subtitles come with the torrent :)
The dancing dream scene is a visual orgasm and the djing forest scene is an audio one :D :lol: :rolleyes:

Ultraviolet might be cool for trips just based on the visual aspects, the story imo was pretty straight forward but also a good moral involved

Aeon flux is cool and i imagine would be ideal for psychedelics

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
I love that movie, i watched it again just 2 days ago, the scene when the guy (actually the girl) dies and he goes into meditation position and the whole universe explodes in his head is absolutly, well eh, mind blowing, literally and figurally, it could represent a DMT trip, although, not really, it brings tears in my eyes every time, it's just beautiful.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
yea i loved that movie so much i bought the graphic novel which is also pretty good

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
Illegalsmile a dit:
hey allusion if u like alan moore, you should try to find one of his comics called promethea. i found it through this website on a thread started by Caduceus Mercurius. theres some pages from the comic here. very psychonautic and talks about the apocalypse

http://psychonaut.com/post-30066.html?f=22&hilit=promethea

thank you. i've heard about it before, but this just reminded me of it. i'll get a copy as soon as i can afford it.

oh, i saw fantastic planet btw, thought it was pretty good. i really dug the obscure metaphors and interactions with the eccentric lendscapes/objects. didn't really think it would keep my attention if i were on psychedelics though, but im not really sure what would.. :lol:

infinidev

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
24 Nov 2011
Enter the Void by Gaspar Noe. I watched it in 1080p with some friends on a home theatre system with the room completely darkened after a ganja session and my lord. It's a damn 3 hour trip that leaves you in an 'passive observer state' for around an hour after it's over. A must watch.

Another nice movie is Worldspirit, its a recorded art and sound show, Alex Grey contributing art and poetry and Kenji Williams contributing the music. Perfect if you're in the mood for mystical entertainement.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
that second one sounds awesome, i'll be looking that up asap. alex grey is amazing.

whats the first one 'enter the void' actually about??

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
It's been a while since I watched it, and my memory is terrible of things I did while high, but from what I remember Enter the Void is about a guy who dies, and you get to see/experience what happens thereafter from the perspective of the dieing person (not what happens to his body, but the psychological "trip"). Essentially it is about what happens after the moment of death. Very good movie, although it could be a bit too long (friend I watched it with thought it was too long, but he's not that much into the psychedelic/spiritual).

This thread is amazing by the way. A lot of really good movies in here. Thanks! :D

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
tried to watch it when I was in hospital, it's a pretty dark movie, couldn't really stand it. after the 4th or 5th repetition of the same traumatizing scene I switched it off. I don't think that I'd watch it again, but hey, tastes are different :D

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
Possible Spoiler
text below is written in white, select it too see

Ye, I see your point. I loved the ending though, where he gets reborn. Actually the whole movie, after having seen the ending, made me slightly think of Stan Grof's theory about birth (trauma), the different stages you go through. For me the ending made the rest of the movie a lot better, like adding a new dimension or perspective to it. EDIT: Though, according to wiki it wasn't intended to be interpreted this way.. oh well :b

EDIT: .. hmm on the screen at my uni the white text was hard to read, but here at home it doesn't really seem to work :/

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
interesting, thanks for the breakdown mescaline, sounds like one i'll have to watch sober before hand

anyone seen joachin phoenix in "im still here" ?? its pretty interesting, as well as hilarious

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
"Ip Man". best movie i've seen in a long time. it's based on the true story of Ip Man, one of the last devout practitioners of wing chun (a martial art that was nearly eradicated) that was nearly killed several times and ended up escaping poverty by fleeing the country. beautiful cinematography, amazing fight scenes and imo a powerful, true story worth knowing.

lsarkin

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Nov 2011
I think, Enter The Void by Gaspard Noé is very cool on psych

[youtube]hwTmc8L8TaA[/youtube]

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
So I watched the void.

I have to say, firstly, that nothing I say actually conveys how I feel about the movie because my vocabulary does not have the words.

The resonance it had with my hardest trips was almost unbearable. . I almost turned it off. I couldn't imagine why anyone would recommend this movie, and more so on psychedelics - but that is why I kept watching. If no one had recommended it I would have shut it off.

You learn everything. You see everything. You are engulfed by the abyss and you can do nothing. You watch as all you love breaks apart. All you know gets torn, diseased, defiled, broken. There is no reason to live anymore. There is no goals, no end. You'll remember this pain when you die. When you die - this pain is what will be there. When you die, this is what will greet you and you will be with it forever. Cycling through remorse, grief, suffering, anger, contempt. Slowly it stops. The pain gets weaker. The suffering gets muffled. Death gets hidden, and you become blinded to empathy. The churning begins to ease, your body becomes tired, limp, lethargic. You give in to living, you allow it. You just can't take it anymore and stop. You rest.

Then something happens. Everything you experienced is forgotten, but the feelings and emotions linger. You cannot remember what was so bad, but you know it was. You get left with this feeling of something horribly wrong but amnesia to the fact. Amnesia to why you're so angry, why nothing matters.

And so, you're born again. . . A new slate.

It couldn't have mirrored my feelings more exactly.

But that's just me.

Honestly feel like I just came down from an epic spiritual journey. This in combination with my "sober" trip post have really put me somewhere else. Like I said, no words can explain this.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
i still havnt seen the void but it sounds awesome, i actually just bought it for my cousin for xmas so i'll probly be seeing it soon :p