Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Movies to watch on psychedelics.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Definitely see Nausicaa :D I don't think Dune was mentioned yet, that's an absolute! As well as Children of Dune the TV series, that was good stuff too.

Thanks man, I made it for a tattoo I might get on my neck :mrgreen:

Myrddin

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Juil 2010
Some of my personal favorites that come to mind are:

Happy Feet
Donnie Darko
Alice in Wonderland
Fight Club
Matrix
Wall*E
Wizard of Oz
The Fifth Element
Phenomenon
Children of Men

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
hey thanks for the tips guys!

Allusion a dit:
princess mononoke, akira, spirited away, or howl's moving castle if you are into quality animation. never got to see nausicaa, i guess it's worth checking out. haha nice picture btw nanacapilli

Definatly, they are my all time favorite movies!
Ponyo is great too!
Spirited Away is the best by far imo.

Last weekend i watched some political program when on shrooms, it's so funny, you totally get the point of everything, it's a game, sober people realize it too, but on shrooms you can (or at least think you can) analyze the whole thing, and theye are just a bunch of grown up babies really, hillarious to watch, acid was even better for such things.

I got around watching The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus , i really loved it!
It's a bit Big Fish-like, very cool movie, a little confusing when the main character's face (Tony) got switched all the time, between Farrell, Law, Ledger and Depp.

Very cool movie, but on psychedelics definatly a mindfuck, no doubt!

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
I took way too much LSD and watched The Wizard of Oz. There is a trip report in the correct forum for it if you would like to know more about my experience. If you don't, watch it anyway. It is seriously an accomplishment in the worldwide film/stage world.

Cosmik_Debris

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Août 2010
A movie I'd really like to see while tripping is Yellow Submarine. Anyone try this?

Also, The Doors, very good movie, very trippy. I watched that earlier in the day before my shroom trip.

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I just watched Mullholland dr. after smoking some weed and feel very confused now. don't watch that movie on psychedelics.

however, lost horizon was a cool movie, albeit a bit wacky, it was still good.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Teonanacapilli a dit:
2001: A Space Odyssey

just watched it right now, amazing movie. by far one of the most aesthetic films that I've watched.

koyaanisqatsi was amazing as well. the visual aspects weren't as good as those of baraka, but the point it makes gets me a whole lot more. baraka was breathtaking nonetheless.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
be sure to get the HD version of Baraka. it is worth every bit of disk-space and extra time to download :D

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
If you have a light dose of something and just want to be creeped out, sit in a dark room and watch Eraser Head.

It's is a very artistic mind - fuck. Set in black and white, a man had a 'baby' with a woman - 24 hours after sex the baby is born. Hilarity ensues. (not really)

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
the ending of muholland drive is scary. i dont know if someones mentioned these two.

[youtube]7lIKCBCLo4U[/youtube]
Mind game, i think my favorite anime, made me cry about how great life is

[youtube]Oo4zwiYSGfU[/youtube]

Fantastice Planet, a old french animation film, like a cult classic for psychonauts

great movies guys

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Illegalsmile a dit:
the ending of muholland drive is scary. i dont know if someones mentioned these two.
yeah I did. and while I have to acknowledge that the movie is well-made, it sucks nonetheless. can't stand movies which seem to be made because some guy thought he wants to puke his psychotic episodes on a screen.

yesterday I watched a movie on Transcendental Meditation and David Lynch. mind-boggling.

[youtube]gq0rsiw6IFo[/youtube]

this TM organization is built like Scientology. you have to pay 2800€ for an introduction course. FOR MEDITATION. it's a movie on a guru-cult gone horribly wrong. not unlike Osho, but more institutional and with more money involved.
if you get the chance to watch the movie, do it.

another good one on a similar topic is "Guru - his secretary, his bodyguard", which is about Osho, how the whole thing grew and fell.
[youtube]yd3x1GRgguY[/youtube]

it appears that that kind of movie is quite popular in german language area :)

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
fantastic planet!!! i forgot about that one
awesome movie for lsd :D :D :D

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
if you are a real tough guy you watch this movie in its full length:

[youtube]ZlXhb9SAap0[/youtube]

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Oooh Illegalsmile, thanks man, Mindgame was on my must watch list for a long time and i totally forgot about it, i'm gonna watch it next week!

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
"He died with a falafel in his hand"
Excellent movie on or off psychedelics
ive only watched it stoned but i can see that it'd be really good on more 'potent' drugs

its an aussie film about a guy who goes from one shared accomodation to the next to the next and the characters that its packed full of are so full of character and so much weird shit happens

its also a very introspective/reflective kind of thoughtful movie

one of my favourites of all time

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Watchmen is great on a gentle mushroom trip, the little cut-scenes are very intense, the movie isn't psychedelic or so, but it's really fun to watch when tripping (mildly), there's all kinds of really interesting ideas and vidual candy.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i found the book(graphic novel) "the watchmen" to be extremely synchronistic with me. the movie didn't really do it for me. i found the comic very readable, and i'm not really big on comics (anymore) or many books in general. Alan Moore is a very intelligent man, i dont even know the name of the guy who directed the movie...