Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Movie: The Fountain

ProStoner

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
Soulcatcher a dit:
ahaha :lol: translated it yourself!! stoned again? :wink:

hahaha yeah kinda :p
and i`m totally buzzed by the dmt extraction fumes and the N2O here :p

btw i`m downloading pan's labyrinth now :)

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
get ready to....God i gotta hold myself from revealing too much....

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
So "pan's labyrinth" is actually better? never heard of it..

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
better than what?

pastyputridpulp

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Avr 2004
Tiax a dit:
Do you think that it's still worth seeing for its images ? Judging by the few pics I saw, it looks like a very nice eye candy...
Well maybe : there are a few visuals which are quite nice, kind of dark fantasy but I'm not sure it can help through the entire movie : I was really tired by the emptiness of the so called love/philosophy/poetry...I haven't seen it while being high : it's sometimes the key : for exemple I remenbered "AI" (spielberg movie) to be a true masterpiece while dexing a long time ago and back to reality it's not so good...
One of the best is a documentary : "deep blue" (planète bleue) cut the sound, put the music you like and enjoy the images...

Soulcatcher a dit:
So "pan's labyrinth" is actually better? never heard of it..
"Pan's labyrinth" has nothing in common with "the fountain" but as the first is truly astonishing, beautiful and heartbreaking and the second is ridiculous, superficial, and overall quite boring (*) : i think we can say that "pan's labyrinth" is a (much) better movie...

(*) of course it's a personal and subjective advice I'm not spitting on people who liked it ... :)

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Ofcourse, its all subjective. I'll try to get my hands on them soon.

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
Check out: Mirrormask too for something that looks quite alike

Yeah! That one is beautiful :) Better than Pan's Labyrinth in my opinion..

Check out Schizopolis and Human Nature(2001) too, very strange and interesting in their own way :p

Thanks for the tip btw!

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
(if you liked it : try "the Devil's Backbone" from the same director guillermo del toro)

Ah you beat me to it.

Yea pan's and fountain are completely different. Both incredible in their own rights. Devil's Backbone is also great but again it's pretty different to the other 2 mentioned films. The MirrorMask has some great visuals, story could be better but it worked and I enjoyed it a lot.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
while we are at it here's another Del Toro movie
Hellboy

it's pure entertainment but it's got some good SE and is fun!

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
lol hellboy ?? I dunno if I liked that hehe :)

you should watch Spawn then haha

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
nah.......i didn't like spawn....Hellboy is hilarious i think it's got good puns
spawn wants to be too serious

pastyputridpulp

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Avr 2004
Agreed, "hellboy" is really an entertaining movie, it's fun, impressive, it has an interesting superhero with humor and even its characters psychology (despite a classic comics dilemma : good/evil) is well developped...
What's great with guillermo del toro is that he really takes care of his movies universe, background, and characters (especially about the design as he worked several years as a makeup supervisor) so you can easily get involve into it. He is a talented and imaginative director and even a movie like blade 2 (which wasn't an easy one) was in fact quite good.
I can't wait for the sequel to hellboy (coming next year).

Anyone has seen superman's return (aka superman reborn) (/bryan singer) ?
I wasn't expecting much but for a superhero movie but I was pleasantly surprised it's not as action packed as usual and superman's psychology is quite interesting. First time I haven't thought about him as one of the most ridiculous superhero ever created...

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
First time I haven't thought about him as one of the most ridiculous superhero ever created...

Superman Returns is a very strong movie, how to feel like a greek god, not all powerfull but in your league too much :)

Try the superman flight in your dreams, it works better than swimming!

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Saw Pan's yesterday in the cinema.. it was quite astonishing actually. :D
I don't know if it's a good movie to watch while on mindbending drugs, nevertheless it's fun and nightfilling hehe.

Just saw The Fountain.. and well.. it's fun, and supposedly nice on grass I recon.

Cheers :)

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
"London (2005)"
To gain cocaine cravings, watch this 30 minutes like conversation in the toilet, it's a bit rare so be it :)

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
Dantediv86 a dit:
nah.......i didn't like spawn....Hellboy is hilarious i think it's got good puns
spawn wants to be too serious

well it wasn't really a serious recommendation =)

I`ll watch hellboy soon then

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
Lady in the water

very nice :nod:

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
Found a new one, Running on Karma :D
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374184/

It's on my computer right now and I am very curious..

If you want to see a movie thats certainly unlike any other film out there this film is for you. A body building ex-monk who dances as a male stripper and who can see the future gets mixed up with a police woman going after a killer. Mix in some laughs, comic book villains, some very bloody deaths, some serious action, discussions of the nature of the universe and predestination; shake well and perhaps, just perhaps you may get an idea of what this film by Johnnie To is like. Then again you may not since this film operates in its own orbit, going from pillar to post on its own crazy course.

In the end, if your interpretation even makes you think about the laws of nature, the meaning and purpose of your life, that's what matters, and is perhaps what the director/ scriptwriter intended.

[/quote]

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
NOOO don't do this to me!!!
My downloadlimit can't keep up with it :(
Stupid belgians and their ADSL :'(

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
Here's another movie, it disappointed me, as i read the novel 4 years ago

Mistress of Spices, The (2005)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistress_of_Spices (link to presentation of book on wikipedia, id does no justice, but it gives you an idea)