Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Mimosa Hostilis

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
How would one go about preparing tea with mimosa hostilis? Could some one be kind enough to supply a good method of preparation?

thanks! :D

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
its very simple. get a non aluminum pot, add MHRB, add water, and a bit of vinegar to raise Ph. simmer for 3 hours, strain out MHRB, and use same plant material for another 2 washes. add all the end products together (no plant material), and drink it down with taking an maoi 20 min before hand.

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^yes, but vinegar lowers ph.

krnjason

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
28 Juil 2006
multiple washes are not ALWAYS necessary, AFOAF boils m. Hostilis with a mixture of 70/30 water/lemon juice ratio for about an hour (+ he ingests p.harmala before) and sends him flying.

I guess multiple washes are good to get EVERYTHING out but one wash will still send you flying.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
2 is enough, 3 is 95%+.
4 is waste.
5 is diminishing returns :)

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
Instead of vinegar I'd use muriatic acid, and the PH should be around 4 =)

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
arimane a dit:
For extraction maybe, not for tea.

I think a low pH isn't really necessary as most alkaloids have pKa's way over 7 and are already water soluble at that pH. Right?

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
the shamens dont use anything for ph, they just boil there brew. but after SWIM made pure dmt after using vinegar, he noticed HUGE results, much better then lemon juice(which didnt really work anyway).

i dont mind drinking a couple shots with evaporated vinegar. you can still taste it, but its potent.

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
the shamens dont use anything for ph, they just boil there brew. but after SWIM made pure dmt after using vinegar, he noticed HUGE results, much better then lemon juice(which didnt really work anyway).

i dont mind drinking a couple shots with evaporated vinegar. you can still taste it, but its potent.

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
if SWIM were to do a naptha and lye, w/ warm water bath and sep. funnel extraction method. With the intent for oral use w/ syrian rue, what extra steps could SWIM take to assure purest resiults to avoid ingesting and lye/naptha?

Maybe SWIM coud do freeze percipiate. and leave to dry off any remaining naptha. would that help?

what would the dosages be when ingesting extracted DMT with syrian rue?

cockknocker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
19 Oct 2008
I think 3g rue, but am not sure with extracted dmt. When I did ayahuasca, i just eyeballed a dose of rue, which a mate said would be ok. Ate that and drank mimosa tea over the course of the night. I redosed mimosa but not rue.

G

Invité
How this kind of preparation compares to Ayahuasca ?

I understood it's the same principle, MAOI makes the DMT orally active, but I suppose there's something else ?

cockknocker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
19 Oct 2008
You mean for aya? Its just the dmt and MAO-I. You only need the MAO-I if youre taking DMT orally, but other routes I don't think you need it.

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
Meduzz a dit:
arimane a dit:
For extraction maybe, not for tea.

I think a low pH isn't really necessary as most alkaloids have pKa's way over 7 and are already water soluble at that pH. Right?

for tea too, since you add little as you need to reach ph 4. Is an acid also present in the stomach, doesn't give any problems if well diluited.
Isn't necessary, but is enpowering way much

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
The shamans don't use anything yes, but boil for 12 hours.

I think that lemon juice would be a lot more tasty then HCl or vinegar.

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Hmm. A simple question-how added acids are supposed to improve the extraction? From chemical point of view, that is.
Is it that DMT in plants exists in the freebase form, which is poorly soluble in water, and acids present in the solution are needed to convert the freebase into more soluble DMT salt?...at least that's how I see it :roll:

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
it seems as though you are probably correct - however more and more "TEK's" are skipping the acid part of extraction.

You don't need lemon juice for ayahuasca, and you don't need HCl for DMT

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Quite so. However, it's often omitted that Amazonian water differs drastically from out tap or drinking water. It's soft, acidic, and has some natural acids in it [if taken from the river].
And as far as my experience goes, all the brews made without acid (lemon juice) proved ineffective. I understand that the citric acid is a shit of an acid, but I don't feel like playing with vinegar without pH papers. Futhermore, all distilled water I could obtain read NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION OR MEDICAL USE, which kinda prevented my experiments in the field of strong acids.

I still look forward to trying the Coca-Cola tec though (which employs coke as an acidifier and taste enhancer).

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
In the plant DMT is in an equilibrium between freebase and protonated form. Most is protonated under the physiological pH of the cell so a great portion is water soluble. Adding an acid would drive the equilibrium to the water soluble form. The yield would be higher when using an acid.