Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Meditation

Mrboxey

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Nov 2012
1) What is the longest period of time you have meditated?

I would say probably about 2 hours to 3 hours. Although I don't know if I would call this meditation, or reflection. It generally happens that once every 6 months I have to take a trip. This trip involves me getting on a bus out of the country, and this usually takes me about 2 to 3 hours to the border. So, while I am on the bus, I generally use the time to reflect on my life, and watch the world go by... Sometimes relaxing, and trust me, you want to be sort of relaxed by the time you get to the border crossing, because it's a pain in the ass...

Then on the other side, it's about another hour bus ride to the small town where I spend the night, so that's another hour of reflection... I get off the bus, grab a bite to eat, pick up a 12 pack of beer, and then head to the hotel room where I'll be spending the night.. Enough reflection by that point, I drink beer, crank on the A/C, and see what is on the TV.

Once I pass out, and wake up the next morning, I look for some breakfast, clear out of the room, and wait for the bus to come back and take me home.... Again, another time used for reflection/meditation....

2) Under what stress & tiredness conditions do you meditate the best?

Well, when I am really stressed out, meditation is out of the question. I need to be somewhat "in the mood" in order to meditate/reflect properly. If I'm really tired I don't like to mull things over either.. I prefer to be at least mildly relaxed and have some energy to deal with the "revelations" that come up in my periods of reflection. I have some pretty big demons that like to come out and play, and the only way I can put them back in their cages again is if I am at least mildly alert and not too stressed out. Otherwise, it's just an exercise in frustration and ends in a spiral of depression that leads to a funk that gets ever increasingly harder to pull out of... So, best to not go there when I am not prepared to be able to put those damn demons back in their cages as quick as possible... But you gotta take the bad with the good, and the demons are needed in order to see the light sometimes...

3) How do you start in your meditation?

Well, this depends, I normally just stare off at a point in space, could be people, could be nature, could be countryside out of a bus window... Sometimes it starts off with a few drinks... It is kind of hit and miss when it starts.. It's more like meditation/reflection chooses the time it thinks is best for me....

4) What is your ultimate goal, what are you achieving in your meditation?

I don't have an ultimate goal.. I guess it would have to be understanding of myself and how I fit into the big picture if I had to put a label on it... What do I achieve? Well, with every reflection I hope I am achieving a greater understanding of myself, and how I fit into the grand scheme of things, and am one step closer to knowing my purpose in life and what path to take....

beefcharcoal

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2012
IJesusChrist a dit:

1. Roughly About 20 minutes.
2. Not too tired, I feel when I'm too tired my mind just drifts. I normally meditate at about 8PM.
3. Pretty much the same as darkwolfunseen
4. To keep my mind clear and calm

Mrboxey

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Nov 2012
beefcharcoal a dit:
1. Roughly About 20 minutes.
2. Not too tired, I feel when I'm too tired my mind just drifts. I normally meditate at about 8PM.
3. Pretty much the same as darkwolfunseen
4. To keep my mind clear and calm

8PM whoa... Dude, by this time I am usually just winding down... LOL...

Wow...

I guess I have really lost my tough since I have become a family man.... 8PM is about 2 hours to bed time for me....

I guess you could say that my life is really boring now huh.... LOL :D

SamRivenbark

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
30 Mai 2013
Meditation is the great way to feel relax and energetic. It is really amazing to have here.

hidekiEduardo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Août 2013
A few years ago I was so involved with meditation which I become so empty of emotions and thoughts which I sometimes couldn't know who I was, but it not was unpleasant at all. Instead, I was so high even without take drugs that subtle and banal things of everyday life like butterflies, trees, people laughing, and a dog barking seemed to be so beautiful that sometimes I burst in tears of blissful and began to laugh madly.
It was a remarkable experience that lasted one or two years which I'll never forget.
Have anyone of you experienced that feeling before without take lsd, mushrooms, marijuana and anyone other drugs?
---------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for my english, it is not my native language and I'm still learning it :)

judith

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
15 Oct 2014
Meditation is a practice in which an individual trains the mind or induces a mode of consciousness, either to realize some benefit or as an end in itself.

judith

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
15 Oct 2014
The goal of meditation is to focus and quiet your mind, eventually reaching a higher level of awareness and inner calm.

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
2 Nov 2016
I believe that I should keep that attitude of connectedness all the time, but when i practice meditation -like sitting in a posture ..I think the longest I went was over an hour and a half...

Moderate in everything..thats my mantra ..for a good meditation..

I start by establishing myself in a posture, relaxing, then prostrating to my teacher..and by detaching myself from everything and getting ready to be absorbed in a higher state..

samadhi - transcendental state or no mind or No "I" state...

Antonio94

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Juin 2017
I follow Universal Energy learning so here's what I learn and do:
1) Meditating period: only about 30 minutes at max.
2) When to meditate: on the contrary to the majority, I learned that only meditate when I'm most free and being in comfortable state.
3) How to start meditate: I pray (based on the prayer I learned), then start meditating.
4) Meditating goal: I'm learning Universal Energy so meditating is a part of learning it. So there is no outstanding sort of goal.